Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Rinkwraith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MA
Posts: 4,008
Default Bruins sign Turco!!!

No, seriously......Bruins sign Turco......

I had no idea you could get into game shape in the color commentary booth, when will we see JR take one more stab at it?
__________________
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 189
Default

he played in the spangler cup for Canada 3 months ago....

either way, I don't know about this.
jsmitty7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
ZappBrannigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CANADA
Posts: 534
Default

Gauranteed better than Emery, Bryzgelov, any Leafs goalie, Budaj, etc etc.
ZappBrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
GoJays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmitty7 View Post
he played in the spangler cup for Canada 3 months ago....

either way, I don't know about this.
He played, he lost. Didnt even make it to the finals. This is going to go well for Boston.
__________________
I will leave my signature the same until the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. In short, I will never change my signature.
GoJays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
BAMBAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 8,408
Default

Can you say panic move WOW Even though he had a rough day yesterday on a couple of those goals I still think Thomas will be fine if they give him a little bit of rest over the next month. Playoff position means nothing anymore. If you're the best team you'll win home or away.
__________________
IF YOU CAN'T TAKE AN HONEST REPLY THEN DON'T ASK.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
hairysasquatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, Central NY
Posts: 2,834
Default

Farty Turdo to the rescue!
__________________
SAVE WRAPPER, CHEW CARDS, THROW AWAY GUM!
hairysasquatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
TASS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: RI
Posts: 4,616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Can you say panic move WOW Even though he had a rough day yesterday on a couple of those goals I still think Thomas will be fine if they give him a little bit of rest over the next month. Playoff position means nothing anymore. If you're the best team you'll win home or away.
It's just a move to have a veteran Goaltender to play a few games down the stretch to give Thomas the needed rest for the playoffs, Turco is not even eligible to play in the playoffs! It's a smart move, hardly a panic move, as Thomas will be in Goal for all playoff games! The Bruins were not going to throw a 3rd string AHL goalie in net to rest Timmy T for a few nights and will most likely use both Turco and Anton Khudobin who is currently injured but do back in a week or so, he was the #1 Goalie in Prov.
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
GoJays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZappBrannigan View Post
Gauranteed better than Emery, Bryzgelov, any Leafs goalie, Budaj, etc etc.
What? Youd take Marty Turco over James Reimer???????

Same here . God im getting sick of Burke. Bring back cliff Fletcher!
__________________
I will leave my signature the same until the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. In short, I will never change my signature.
GoJays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
BAMBAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 8,408
Default

I still think the Bruins are the best team in the East so I don't understand bringing in a guy like Turco just to spell Thomas for a couple games for the next 4 or 5 weeks. Even if Thomas did go down with an injury, how sharp would Turco be come playoff time just playing a game a week or so ? Once the Bruins get Peverley and Ference back and give Thomas enough rest I see them cranking it up come April.

I think the Rangers scoring depth and non-existent power play will be their downfall as King Henrik,as tremendous as he's been, will only carry them so far in the playoffs.
__________________
IF YOU CAN'T TAKE AN HONEST REPLY THEN DON'T ASK.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
frozenntimesports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: York, PA
Posts: 10,131
Default

They brought him in because Rask is down for 4-6 weeks. It could be longer.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
NSCC Booth 1601
 
solt0131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 5,690
Default

The injury bug seems to be hitting Boston now.....what a shame. Thomas won't make another run, he'll break down. Boston is out in the 2nd round.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
TASS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: RI
Posts: 4,616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
The injury bug seems to be hitting Boston now.....what a shame. Thomas won't make another run, he'll break down. Boston is out in the 2nd round.
It's so ironic you always show up when your team is Winning, typically with a comment about another team's plight. Then the only other time you post it's about an injury to your Penguins. At least your consistant
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:57 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
TASS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: RI
Posts: 4,616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
I still think the Bruins are the best team in the East so I don't understand bringing in a guy like Turco just to spell Thomas for a couple games for the next 4 or 5 weeks. Even if Thomas did go down with an injury, how sharp would Turco be come playoff time just playing a game a week or so ? Once the Bruins get Peverley and Ference back and give Thomas enough rest I see them cranking it up come April.

I think the Rangers scoring depth and non-existent power play will be their downfall as King Henrik,as tremendous as he's been, will only carry them so far in the playoffs.
The Bruins just picked him up for 'a couple of games' or I would think at least until Khudobin returns from his injury. As far as playoffs Turco can not be on the playoff roster, it's too late in the season for him to be added to the roster, and the Bruins had no intention of even thinking of using him in the Post season. They were obviously not comfortable with using Hutchinson as there backup or "the guy" to give Thomas a night or two off.
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
rhcardinals3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 455
Default

Good move IMO. Gives Thomas the opportunity to have a few games off before the playoffs with Rask out.
rhcardinals3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:32 AM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
BAMBAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 8,408
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
It's just a move to have a veteran Goaltender to play a few games down the stretch to give Thomas the needed rest for the playoffs, Turco is not even eligible to play in the playoffs! It's a smart move, hardly a panic move, as Thomas will be in Goal for all playoff games! The Bruins were not going to throw a 3rd string AHL goalie in net to rest Timmy T for a few nights and will most likely use both Turco and Anton Khudobin who is currently injured but do back in a week or so, he was the #1 Goalie in Prov.
That's who I was thinking about but I didn't know he was out as well. Now it makes a little more sense. Rask looked bad as soon as he went down and considering his history with knee issues he might not be able to help them in the playoffs this year.

Don't worry about Solty, he's talking other team's second round exits when his boy's won't even see a second round this year if they have Philly in the first round. BTW Solty, no Timmonen, no Mez and of course no Pronger and Bryz pitches the SO against the Caps. You better pray he's not snapping out of his funk at the right time of the year.
__________________
IF YOU CAN'T TAKE AN HONEST REPLY THEN DON'T ASK.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
avjp87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 10,962
Send a message via AIM to avjp87
Default

it's so humongous big
__________________
Ray27Ray52:
"53% constitutes a majority? Good to know."
avjp87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
NSCC Booth 1601
 
solt0131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 5,690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
That's who I was thinking about but I didn't know he was out as well. Now it makes a little more sense. Rask looked bad as soon as he went down and considering his history with knee issues he might not be able to help them in the playoffs this year.

Don't worry about Solty, he's talking other team's second round exits when his boy's won't even see a second round this year if they have Philly in the first round. BTW Solty, no Timmonen, no Mez and of course no Pronger and Bryz pitches the SO against the Caps. You better pray he's not snapping out of his funk at the right time of the year.
Bernie Parent could have pitched a shutout against the Caps. They flat out suck.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
TASS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: RI
Posts: 4,616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
That's who I was thinking about but I didn't know he was out as well. Now it makes a little more sense. Rask looked bad as soon as he went down and considering his history with knee issues he might not be able to help them in the playoffs this year.

Don't worry about Solty, he's talking other team's second round exits when his boy's won't even see a second round this year if they have Philly in the first round. BTW Solty, no Timmonen, no Mez and of course no Pronger and Bryz pitches the SO against the Caps. You better pray he's not snapping out of his funk at the right time of the year.
Yea BAM, Khudobin went down with a wrist injury a few weeks back, and Providence has been using a couple of call-ups from the ECHL and that just left Hutchinson, who is definitely not ready! At that point the call went out to Turco who had played in Austria for awhile(Nov/Dec) so he's still somewhat in game shape, and once the playoffs roll around, I hope Thomas has gotten the needed break to make another Cup run! Solty talks a great game, and I really think he's prospecting the Bruins future, the whole time thinking about his Pens' last few early round exits

Last edited by TASS; 03-06-2012 at 05:34 PM.
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.