Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bruins sign Turco!!!

No, seriously......Bruins sign Turco......

I had no idea you could get into game shape in the color commentary booth, when will we see JR take one more stab at it?
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

he played in the spangler cup for Canada 3 months ago....

either way, I don't know about this.
jsmitty7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Gauranteed better than Emery, Bryzgelov, any Leafs goalie, Budaj, etc etc.
ZappBrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmitty7 View Post
he played in the spangler cup for Canada 3 months ago....

either way, I don't know about this.
He played, he lost. Didnt even make it to the finals. This is going to go well for Boston.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

Can you say panic move WOW Even though he had a rough day yesterday on a couple of those goals I still think Thomas will be fine if they give him a little bit of rest over the next month. Playoff position means nothing anymore. If you're the best team you'll win home or away.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

Farty Turdo to the rescue!
Old 03-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Can you say panic move WOW Even though he had a rough day yesterday on a couple of those goals I still think Thomas will be fine if they give him a little bit of rest over the next month. Playoff position means nothing anymore. If you're the best team you'll win home or away.
It's just a move to have a veteran Goaltender to play a few games down the stretch to give Thomas the needed rest for the playoffs, Turco is not even eligible to play in the playoffs! It's a smart move, hardly a panic move, as Thomas will be in Goal for all playoff games! The Bruins were not going to throw a 3rd string AHL goalie in net to rest Timmy T for a few nights and will most likely use both Turco and Anton Khudobin who is currently injured but do back in a week or so, he was the #1 Goalie in Prov.
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZappBrannigan View Post
Gauranteed better than Emery, Bryzgelov, any Leafs goalie, Budaj, etc etc.
What? Youd take Marty Turco over James Reimer???????

Same here . God im getting sick of Burke. Bring back cliff Fletcher!
Old 03-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #9 (permalink)

I still think the Bruins are the best team in the East so I don't understand bringing in a guy like Turco just to spell Thomas for a couple games for the next 4 or 5 weeks. Even if Thomas did go down with an injury, how sharp would Turco be come playoff time just playing a game a week or so ? Once the Bruins get Peverley and Ference back and give Thomas enough rest I see them cranking it up come April.

I think the Rangers scoring depth and non-existent power play will be their downfall as King Henrik,as tremendous as he's been, will only carry them so far in the playoffs.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

They brought him in because Rask is down for 4-6 weeks. It could be longer.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
NSCC Booth 1601

The injury bug seems to be hitting Boston now.....what a shame. Thomas won't make another run, he'll break down. Boston is out in the 2nd round.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:51 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
The injury bug seems to be hitting Boston now.....what a shame. Thomas won't make another run, he'll break down. Boston is out in the 2nd round.
It's so ironic you always show up when your team is Winning, typically with a comment about another team's plight. Then the only other time you post it's about an injury to your Penguins. At least your consistant
Old 03-06-2012, 07:57 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
I still think the Bruins are the best team in the East so I don't understand bringing in a guy like Turco just to spell Thomas for a couple games for the next 4 or 5 weeks. Even if Thomas did go down with an injury, how sharp would Turco be come playoff time just playing a game a week or so ? Once the Bruins get Peverley and Ference back and give Thomas enough rest I see them cranking it up come April.

I think the Rangers scoring depth and non-existent power play will be their downfall as King Henrik,as tremendous as he's been, will only carry them so far in the playoffs.
The Bruins just picked him up for 'a couple of games' or I would think at least until Khudobin returns from his injury. As far as playoffs Turco can not be on the playoff roster, it's too late in the season for him to be added to the roster, and the Bruins had no intention of even thinking of using him in the Post season. They were obviously not comfortable with using Hutchinson as there backup or "the guy" to give Thomas a night or two off.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #14 (permalink)

Good move IMO. Gives Thomas the opportunity to have a few games off before the playoffs with Rask out.
rhcardinals3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:32 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
It's just a move to have a veteran Goaltender to play a few games down the stretch to give Thomas the needed rest for the playoffs, Turco is not even eligible to play in the playoffs! It's a smart move, hardly a panic move, as Thomas will be in Goal for all playoff games! The Bruins were not going to throw a 3rd string AHL goalie in net to rest Timmy T for a few nights and will most likely use both Turco and Anton Khudobin who is currently injured but do back in a week or so, he was the #1 Goalie in Prov.
That's who I was thinking about but I didn't know he was out as well. Now it makes a little more sense. Rask looked bad as soon as he went down and considering his history with knee issues he might not be able to help them in the playoffs this year.

Don't worry about Solty, he's talking other team's second round exits when his boy's won't even see a second round this year if they have Philly in the first round. BTW Solty, no Timmonen, no Mez and of course no Pronger and Bryz pitches the SO against the Caps. You better pray he's not snapping out of his funk at the right time of the year.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #16 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

it's so humongous big
Old 03-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
NSCC Booth 1601

Quote:
That's who I was thinking about but I didn't know he was out as well. Now it makes a little more sense. Rask looked bad as soon as he went down and considering his history with knee issues he might not be able to help them in the playoffs this year.

Don't worry about Solty, he's talking other team's second round exits when his boy's won't even see a second round this year if they have Philly in the first round. BTW Solty, no Timmonen, no Mez and of course no Pronger and Bryz pitches the SO against the Caps. You better pray he's not snapping out of his funk at the right time of the year.
Bernie Parent could have pitched a shutout against the Caps. They flat out suck.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:

Yea BAM, Khudobin went down with a wrist injury a few weeks back, and Providence has been using a couple of call-ups from the ECHL and that just left Hutchinson, who is definitely not ready! At that point the call went out to Turco who had played in Austria for awhile(Nov/Dec) so he's still somewhat in game shape, and once the playoffs roll around, I hope Thomas has gotten the needed break to make another Cup run! Solty talks a great game, and I really think he's prospecting the Bruins future, the whole time thinking about his Pens' last few early round exits

Last edited by TASS; 03-06-2012 at 05:34 PM.