Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2012, 01:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Pit. vs Bost.

As a Bruins fan it is becoming increasing difficult to watch the Bruins give up EASY goals at the beginning of every game, and get totally out played for the first 10-12 Min. every night. They gave up 2 quick goals yesterday and eventually lost 4-3. Charelli said they must start stronger and stop falling behind early, so today they again give up 2 quick goals and have to play from behind AGAIN!
This team will not get past the 1st round of the playoffs with the effort they have NOT been giving for the last 2 months! It might be the right time to start resting Thomas and forgo winning the division, because at this rate these Bruins are going nowhere. Yes I am a disgruntled Bruins fan And I refuse to use injuries as an excuse, look at Philly and Pit. not effecting them.
Now I get to watch Pit. with a 2 man advantage because of stupid penalties. And it's quickly 3-0!
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to deboesports

lol what a great post. you really think boston had a shot beating my pens. there on a 8-0 run right now scored 30 goals to 11 by the other 8 teams. not counting the 3 today. boston got no chance today, sorry.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Old Man Thomas is breaking down. No chance he has another playoff run in him this year. They need Rask back ASAP or it's one and done for beantown.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deboesports View Post
lol what a great post. you really think boston had a shot beating my pens. there on a 8-0 run right now scored 30 goals to 11 by the other 8 teams. not counting the 3 today. boston got no chance today, sorry.
Not my point at all, and yes going into the game as a Fan of the Bruins I would think we had a shot, the Bruins are not playing well right now, Its pretty Bold of you to talk smack when you have a 3 Goal lead Remember it's an 80 game pre-season, the real gams start in April, your post is useless!
Old 03-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

just like this thread.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Old Man Thomas is breaking down. No chance he has another playoff run in him this year. They need Rask back ASAP or it's one and done for beantown.

I made this post just to suck guy's like you out! It was pretty obvious you would post your comments with a big lead, another Bold poster form Pit. that "Old' Man Thomas is expected from you, #@#@#@#@ I still like his chances come time when the games really count Your on a roll NOW, perhaps peaking a little too early time will tell!
Old 03-11-2012, 01:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deboesports View Post
just like this thread.

Your making my point, thanks for playing And I was unaware you were an owner of the Pens, after all they are "your Pens" LOL
Old 03-11-2012, 01:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

Looks like one team knows it has something to play for and one doesn't to me. Pens are chasing the Rangers and have the Flyers and Devils right behind them. Bruins are two up on the Sens with 3 games at hand so today looks like a no show for them early on. Hope the rest of the game isn't played like the first period and the Bruins at least make the game interesting. I saw Thornton challenge Asham right after the second goal but Ash skated away because he isn't dumb enough to do anything to possibly give the Bruins some lift. Bruins need something to wake them up like a quick goal or a big hit to start the second if they kill off the rest of the PP.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

Ha well there is the early goal

Old 03-11-2012, 01:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

there u happy.. we gave you 1
Old 03-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #11 (permalink)

Boston is a scary playoff team with Rask in goal. Boston is an average playoff team with Thomas in goal.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Looks like one team knows it has something to play for and one doesn't to me. Pens are chasing the Rangers and have the Flyers and Devils right behind them. Bruins are two up on the Sens with 3 games at hand so today looks like a no show for them early on. Hope the rest of the game isn't played like the first period and the Bruins at least make the game interesting. I saw Thornton challenge Asham right after the second goal but Ash skated away because he isn't dumb enough to do anything to possibly give the Bruins some lift. Bruins need something to wake them up like a quick goal or a big hit to start the second if they kill off the rest of the PP.
Bam, it's what you have said that is the Bruins problem, they don't want it enough and today is a great example, what is frustrating for the Fans is we know they have it, but just are not motivated!
Old 03-11-2012, 01:41 PM   #13 (permalink)

Goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal
Old 03-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #14 (permalink)

Man...when the Pens are winning their homers are out full strength!

This was a loss for Boston before the puck was even dropped.

A matinee yesterday afternoon in Boston plus travel plus the time change plus another matinee?

A scheduled loss if there ever was one.
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post

A matinee yesterday afternoon in Boston plus travel plus the time change plus another matinee?

How many additional players did the Bruins lose today, this is really starting to get pretty severe from the injury standpoint, and how Malkin get's 2 Min. for the boarding on Boychuk is just icing on the #@#@#@#@ cake!

And I refuse to use injuries as an excuse, but it's been a devasting last few weeks!
Old 03-11-2012, 03:18 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:

Just like the Flyer bandwagoners that are out now that Bryzgalov wins a few games.

Also, the last time the Pens weren't winning was actually before this board was created.

It was a loss before the puck dropped because the Bruins are flat, old, and running on empty.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:37 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Just like the Flyer bandwagoners that are out now that Bryzgalov wins a few games.

Also, the last time the Pens weren't winning was actually before this board was created.

It was a loss before the puck dropped because the Bruins are flat, old, and running on empty.
I would say I agree with the running on empty if referring to the bench, lost 3 more players today for multiple shifts and still competed pretty hard in the 2nd and 3rd periods. Now remember how flat, old (Seguin, Lucic, Marchand, Caron, Krejci, Bergeron, Boychuk, McQuaid ohh so very old!) ,tired these Bruins are when players return and the playoffs start I will refer to this post to remind you You tend to get very active on this forum when the puck is bouncing your way, I remember a time when you were nowhere to be found and getting called out, when you did appear it was to whine about injuries. I'm looking forward to the playoffs, that's when the real games begin, and we all kow hockey is all about momentum, and momentum now means nothing in April, I'll take the Bruins chances in April, they know what it takes and now have the experience which is so very important, they are down but certainly not out

Last edited by TASS; 03-11-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:

When are they not winning
Dragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Flyers and bandwagon should never be used in a sentence by a Pens fan. That is just plain old STUPID.

BTW why did the Pens have their top PP unit out on the ice with a 3 goal lead and less then 2 minutes to play ? It's one thing if the other team is taking cheap shots late in the game but Boston was pretty much going through the motions after Dupuis goal. I thought Disco Dan had a little more class. Stuff like this doesn't go by unnoticed by the opposition for future meetings.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Flyers and bandwagon should never be used in a sentence by a Pens fan. That is just plain old STUPID.

BTW why did the Pens have their top PP unit out on the ice with a 3 goal lead and less then 2 minutes to play ? It's one thing if the other team is taking cheap shots late in the game but Boston was pretty much going through the motions after Dupuis goal. I thought Disco Dan had a little more class. Stuff like this doesn't go by unnoticed by the opposition for future meetings.
Because I had a team in this game, I did not want to bring up that blatant disregard for gamesmanship but I'm glad you did, it appears they want to pad there stats, specifically Malkin who remained on the ice for the final 2+ Min.
Chiarelli was approached after the game with that question pertaining to the final powerplay, as well as the 2 min. penalty (as opposed to 5 Min. major) on Malkin, and basically just commented that Pitt. was just playing the game hard untill the end, but was much more perturbed with the Malkin penalty not being a major which at that point of the game was a turning point call as the Bruins had just missed getting there 3rd Goal, and had momentum going in there favor.
The Bruins have alot of work to do, they need to tighten up play in there own end and eliminate turnovers, but I was proud of how they continued to compete after getting out played in the 1st falling behind by 2, and having a "short" bench. Great opp. to get Turco game time and I thought his play was good in getting him some confidence in returning to the NHL, and giving T. Thomas some much needed rest down the road!
Old 03-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:

LOL it's the same damn Flyers fans who were posting before Bryz got hot. And yeah, Flyers fans are some of the most die-hard in sports. Just like the average Pens fan
Old 03-11-2012, 04:46 PM   #22 (permalink)

Love post-Crosby Pens fans.

I bet you that you have no idea that the Pens were hours away from not even existing anymore just a few short years ago because they sucked so bad and had no fan support...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
When are they not winning
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:01 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Love post-Crosby Pens fans.
The average Pens fan today probably remembers Jay Caufield as a broadcaster and thinks Moe Mantha is a rare type of insect. Denis Herron and Ken Wregget ? Never heard of them.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:48 PM   #24 (permalink)

Bruins on cue with another 6-1 defeat to the Lightning! The Senators are 2 points behind them for the division and Boston is now only 5 points from the #8 spot!
Old 03-14-2012, 07:33 PM   #25 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Fleurycup09

Ive been following this post and I have a few things to add

1. I dont wanna hear any Bruins fan complain about the Malkin hit and his not being giving 5 min...Reason? one name Milan Lucic. The guy is just dirty. Dont believe me? just ask Ryan Miller.

2. Not all Pens fans are bandwagon fans. There isnt much support for ANY team when a team is losing. I for one traveled the 500 Miles 3 times a year back when Straka was the superstar to go see them.

3. I know who Ken Wregget is hahaha. If he was in net instead of Barrashole against the Panthers the Avs would never have won that 1st cup.

4. Bruins are a good dangerous team and have more then enough "Tired old flat" Talent to make a hell of a run BUT if they meet the Pens with a rested Sid (If healthy) I dont see them winning that series.

5. Can us Penguins and Bruin fans just agree to HATE the Flyers and Rangers and get along haha

Just some opinions.