Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2009, 09:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Is this allowed?

Say I wanted to do a box (not case) break of something high end like the cup, 08/09 ultimate, or 07/08-08/09 UD Black. Would I be allowed to hold a break where the price is divided by however many cards there are in the box (each person getting 1 card per break)??

Im not sure if anyone will understand the way i am explaining this so I will break it down like this:

1 box 08/09 UD Black = $185 / 2 cards per box = $92.50 per person

Of course I will record the break and purchase the boxes from blowoutcards but I just wanted to know if something like this is possible.

The Tradelist: s73.photobucket.com/albums/i233/EricMateya
EricMateya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricMateya View Post
Say I wanted to do a box (not case) break of something high end like the cup, 08/09 ultimate, or 07/08-08/09 UD Black. Would I be allowed to hold a break where the price is divided by however many cards there are in the box (each person getting 1 card per break)??

Im not sure if anyone will understand the way i am explaining this so I will break it down like this:

1 box 08/09 UD Black = $185 / 2 cards per box = $92.50 per person

Of course I will record the break and purchase the boxes from blowoutcards but I just wanted to know if something like this is possible.

are you asking to basically share the price with a member? If your not then it sounds like a normal break with 2 slots per box. If your just trying to share cost then sure.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacardi2 View Post
are you asking to basically share the price with a member? If your not then it sounds like a normal break with 2 slots per box. If your just trying to share cost then sure.
Yea, basically a normal break but in smaller amounts. I would buy boxes instead of cases. How do I go about getting one started and see who would be interested?

Old 05-08-2009, 11:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have to ask...Why are you wanting to do group breaks with boxes instead of cases?

Group "case" breaks always fill if people are interested. What excites people about them is the fact that someone will get the case hit(s). Doing random boxes won't guarantee anything. Hence my question.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Matt, I can kinda see where he is coming from with this. The things he wants to open may not necessarily fill up were it formatted as a full case. This would work for those who can't afford to open up the high end boxes by themselves. Not saying this is a great idea to accomplish that goal, but it is a reasonable idea. I wouldn't have a problem being in or doing one as long as the rules for it are the same as there is for group breaks (mainly that the person opening doesn't have any stake in what is pulled). The only way to circumvent the breaker not being in would be for it to be done live via webcam with all individuals involved watching.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
Matt, I can kinda see where he is coming from with this. The things he wants to open may not necessarily fill up were it formatted as a full case. This would work for those who can't afford to open up the high end boxes by themselves. Not saying this is a great idea to accomplish that goal, but it is a reasonable idea. I wouldn't have a problem being in or doing one as long as the rules for it are the same as there is for group breaks (mainly that the person opening doesn't have any stake in what is pulled). The only way to circumvent the breaker not being in would be for it to be done live via webcam with all individuals involved watching.
That is my thinking. It gives people (such as myself) that chance at getting some higher end cards while only spending about $70 for one potential huge hit rather than $400 for 4 cards. I thought it was a good idea that has some potential. Maybe ill throw one up under testing the waters. I wont take part in the first one or two, I will just provide the services of busting and eventually I will take part.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:01 AM   #7 (permalink)

I don't understand it at all. According to my math, you have a better shot at getting a "big" hit if you take part in a group "case" break as apposed to participating in a box break. Plus, who's to say the breaker doesn't buy a sealed case, open boxes until the case hit is pulled, and then video one or more of the sealed boxes that are left? No one would know this took place but the breaker.

I'm not saying that anyone would do this, but what if?
Old 05-09-2009, 12:04 AM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

I completely agree with you Matt. Thats why I said it wasn't the best way to go about it. But given the right circumstances and having a completely trustworthy breaker, it could be worth doing. Like I said before, some of the products would not fill a full case. And 1 box gives you a better chance at a big hit than no boxes
Old 05-09-2009, 12:08 AM   #9 (permalink)

Yea it is really a hit or miss idea. I randomly though of it the other day and just wanted to see what everyone else though. Anyone want to throw one of these together? I don't have a web cam so I guess I wouldn't be able to hold it.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:13 AM   #10 (permalink)

I guess, why not throw a group case break together, and when it doesn't fill completely, decide to make it a group box break? I don't think it makes any sense to ever start off having a group "box" break. But that's just me I guess.

I promise I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade. I just don't get it.