Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 11:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Wanted to show these off - Also a question - Lundqvist Cup Gold Auto Rc

I've been picking up a few PC cards lately and wound up getting this for the hockey side.

The seller cropped the top corners out and made no mention of the whiting on the top two corners or the dinged bottom right corner (which you cant see at all in his scan but can tell a bit from mine). He has given me the option of returning for a full refund. However, this would cost me $15 just to ship it back to him.

I got the card for a good price so I think I'm better off keeping it and hitting him with a neutral feedback. The scan doesn't really show the damage to well and I'm not one to nitpick about condition but on a purchase this large, I believe the seller should have been less deceiving. Here is a link to the original auction.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Thoughts?

-James
Always accepting consignments - Top Rated Seller - PM Me!
pastmyshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:51 AM   #2 (permalink)

I don't think you really got that great a price on the card, since it isn't his true rookie, it's a parallel. I'd honestly send it back, and request he also refund you return shipping.
Aomalle27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aomalle27 View Post
I don't think you really got that great a price on the card, since it isn't his true rookie, it's a parallel. I'd honestly send it back, and request he also refund you return shipping.
The Gold parallels are much more valuable base autograph. I was able to get this gold for less then what some of his 3 color base go for.

He does not have to refund return shipping, ebay has already proven this to me on multiple occasions.

-James
Always accepting consignments - Top Rated Seller - PM Me!
pastmyshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:49 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastmyshades View Post
The Gold parallels are much more valuable base autograph. I was able to get this gold for less then what some of his 3 color base go for.

He does not have to refund return shipping, ebay has already proven this to me on multiple occasions.

-James
The gold parallels are much rarer but not more valuable than the Cup RC /199. Either way though, you picked a good time to pick him up. His values have steadily increased this year thanks in part to him being a favorite for winning the Vezina.

I'm a Lundqvist fan so I think its a great pickup. =)
SkyFire47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:38 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastmyshades View Post

-James
im guessing you're a bball collector comparing it to exquisite. Hockey collectors are much different on this front, the gold's are not nesscarilymore valuable than the base, and less valuable if the number is in the upper ranges.
mrlaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:20 AM   #6 (permalink)

I dont think i would give him a neutral if he offered a full refund. Just my opinion though.

Opening a new hobby shop soon northwest of Pittsburgh, check us out at luckylarryssportscards.com and Lucky Larry's Sports Cards on facebook!
hanes1111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:11 AM   #7 (permalink)

it is a typical cup card.

ding his item as described DSR's, leave positive feedback indicating condition could have been described better.
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote