Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 07:56 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
avjp87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 11,002
Send a message via AIM to avjp87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
HAHA! Tortorella looks like even a bigger ass now. Good for him.
dude, as an avid hockey fan, and sports fan overall. can you honestly sit there and defend your team on EVERY negative thing said about them? So, you don't think Orpik deserved a suspension or fine for the knee to knee hit?
__________________
Ray27Ray52:
"53% constitutes a majority? Good to know."
avjp87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:59 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Rinkwraith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MA
Posts: 4,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
Oprik isn't suspended but Tortorella is fined, does that make sense? Twice, in one week, coaches have been fined for actions against Pittsburgh, yet they get away with everything. It doesn't make sense.
Ya know, Devils fans have had it right since 1995 and have paid the price for it since then......but damn they had it right with Bettman;

1995 Stanley Cup Finals: Gary Bettman Interview - YouTube
__________________
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16

Shop Smart, Shop Rink-Mart
Rinkwraith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:53 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
solt0131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 5,734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avjp87 View Post
dude, as an avid hockey fan, and sports fan overall. can you honestly sit there and defend your team on EVERY negative thing said about them? So, you don't think Orpik deserved a suspension or fine for the knee to knee hit?
Nope, not after viewing the hit over and over again. Stepan made the move to his left after Orpik went to hit him high. They didn't suspend or fine Rupp for his hit on Staal, so there was no reason to fine or suspend Orpik here. Shanahan made the right call.
solt0131 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:34 AM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
BAMBAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 8,408
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Nope, not after viewing the hit over and over again. Stepan made the move to his left after Orpik went to hit him high. They didn't suspend or fine Rupp for his hit on Staal, so there was no reason to fine or suspend Orpik here. Shanahan made the right call.
Two entirely different hits. Rupp's hit on Staal was a whole lot like Vitale's hit on Grossman. Both weren't intentional. Orpik stuck his leg out after Stepan deked him so Shanny better get his eyes checked. What a joke he's turned into this year. If that were Prust, Cooke or Rinaldo they'd have been suspended for sure. You can't delegate rulings based on the name on the back and crest on the front like he seems to be doing. I love when he gives his little spiel on NHL Network and says nonsense like "the player doesn't have any prior history" or " the other player wasn't injured" That's like saying "we'll release the sniper since the guy he shot only suffered a flesh wound"

Torts deserved to get fined for questioning the integrity of the league and it's officials after the WC. Lavy deserved to get fined for his actions last Sunday. Both were pretty obvious why the fines were handed out. I would love to hear the leagues explanation of why Torts got fined for his comments after the Pens game ???? If I were Torts I just wouldn't do any more post game conferences like the league wants because he got screwed on this one. WTF is he supposed to say after a cheap hit takes out one of his top goal scorers ?
__________________
IF YOU CAN'T TAKE AN HONEST REPLY THEN DON'T ASK.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New jersey
Posts: 444
Default

[IMG][/IMG]

I hope he changed his tampon today.
sportsstuff87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:52 AM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
TASS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: RI
Posts: 4,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Two entirely different hits. Rupp's hit on Staal was a whole lot like Vitale's hit on Grossman. Both weren't intentional. Orpik stuck his leg out after Stepan deked him so Shanny better get his eyes checked. What a joke he's turned into this year. If that were Prust, Cooke or Rinaldo they'd have been suspended for sure. You can't delegate rulings based on the name on the back and crest on the front like he seems to be doing. I love when he gives his little spiel on NHL Network and says nonsense like "the player doesn't have any prior history" or " the other player wasn't injured" That's like saying "we'll release the sniper since the guy he shot only suffered a flesh wound"

Torts deserved to get fined for questioning the integrity of the league and it's officials after the WC. Lavy deserved to get fined for his actions last Sunday. Both were pretty obvious why the fines were handed out. I would love to hear the leagues explanation of why Torts got fined for his comments after the Pens game ???? If I were Torts I just wouldn't do any more post game conferences like the league wants because he got screwed on this one. WTF is he supposed to say after a cheap hit takes out one of his top goal scorers ?

This is just further proof the League wants to protect it's Marquee Team and assure it's able to promote 'said' Team on it's National Broadcast
As far as Shanahan let's face it, he does not like to be challenged and figures if he has someone trying to voice an opinion against his 'spoken word' he will just embarrass that individuial for the sake of his "Prime-Time" Network Team with the NHL's face of hockey 'Sid the Kid'!
As far as Pens Fans not able to acknowledge this blatant disregard for League rules, it's become so much of the norm, what will Shanny do to try to increase the Leagues visibiity when he no longer has "Crosby" to pimp his product (following 1st Rd. LOSS)
I as well as other True Hockey Fans will continue to watch regardless, and be Ohh so happy we don't have to hear about you know who
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:07 PM   #32 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Nope, not after viewing the hit over and over again. Stepan made the move to his left after Orpik went to hit him high. They didn't suspend or fine Rupp for his hit on Staal, so there was no reason to fine or suspend Orpik here. Shanahan made the right call.
Just a homer, that's all.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:40 PM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fall River MA
Posts: 494
Send a message via AIM to Fleurycup09
Default

As a Penguins fan Ive noticed a few things over the last few days and Years for that matter.

1. Crosby is hated on by fans who care about the game because he is ruining it by whining BUT fans love Ovechkin for his style of play AKA leaving his feet to hit (And being suspened for it).

2. Orpik and the Penguins are Dirty but players like Lucic and Pronger are just playing old time hockey huh.....

Seems to me that the issue isnt the NHL's love for the Penguins its the fact that the IN thing to do is to hate them. Every article on Yahoo/ESPN/Here that involves the Penguins or Crosby all us Pens fans hear from the posters is "Crysbaby" "Cindy" Ect.... If I remember correctly before the Draft lottery for Sid every single fan of every team was ranting about how badly they wanted him (Ofcourse now everyone will deny it).

After this unorganized rant all I have to say is stop hating on the Pens for being good and try and enjoy the game....its playoff time. Hate the Pens during the Parade they throw.
__________________
I Supercollect no one at all.
Fleurycup09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:51 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleurycup09 View Post
As a Penguins fan Ive noticed a few things over the last few days and Years for that matter.

1. Crosby is hated on by fans who care about the game because he is ruining it by whining BUT fans love Ovechkin for his style of play AKA leaving his feet to hit (And being suspened for it).

2. Orpik and the Penguins are Dirty but players like Lucic and Pronger are just playing old time hockey huh.....

Seems to me that the issue isnt the NHL's love for the Penguins its the fact that the IN thing to do is to hate them. Every article on Yahoo/ESPN/Here that involves the Penguins or Crosby all us Pens fans hear from the posters is "Crysbaby" "Cindy" Ect.... If I remember correctly before the Draft lottery for Sid every single fan of every team was ranting about how badly they wanted him (Ofcourse now everyone will deny it).

After this unorganized rant all I have to say is stop hating on the Pens for being good and try and enjoy the game....its playoff time. Hate the Pens during the Parade they throw.
I hate the Pens because they were allowed a 45 second too many men on the ice play in the 2009 Cup Finals against the Wings, and then Crosby couldn't even shake hands with half of the Wings (he is a captain mind you). And what are the lottery numbers?
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:34 PM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
avjp87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 11,002
Send a message via AIM to avjp87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleurycup09 View Post
As a Penguins fan Ive noticed a few things over the last few days and Years for that matter.

1. Crosby is hated on by fans who care about the game because he is ruining it by whining BUT fans love Ovechkin for his style of play AKA leaving his feet to hit (And being suspened for it).

2. Orpik and the Penguins are Dirty but players like Lucic and Pronger are just playing old time hockey huh.....

Seems to me that the issue isnt the NHL's love for the Penguins its the fact that the IN thing to do is to hate them. Every article on Yahoo/ESPN/Here that involves the Penguins or Crosby all us Pens fans hear from the posters is "Crysbaby" "Cindy" Ect.... If I remember correctly before the Draft lottery for Sid every single fan of every team was ranting about how badly they wanted him (Ofcourse now everyone will deny it).

After this unorganized rant all I have to say is stop hating on the Pens for being good and try and enjoy the game....its playoff time. Hate the Pens during the Parade they throw.
And another Penquins fan is wrong.

Who are you talking to?? SOOOOOO many people in the NHL despise Ovechkin. Sometimes, he annoys me more then Crosby. If Crosby would just shut the hell up and play the game, I'd have no problem with him. But he bitches non stop, dives every chance he gets. Pot calling the kettle black when he complains about other players. And you would think with a player like mario lemieux that he would have some sort of influence on Crosby on how to play the game, but it doesn't.

Lucic and Pronger are always voted towards the top as some of the dirtiest players in the league so not sure why you're thinking that. O wait a minute, yes I do, you're a Penquins fan and they can do no wrong, right?

The IN thing to do is to hate them? Yeah, you're finally right about something. Why do you think people hate them? Why do you always hear other players on other teams, coaches and just people in the NHL talking about the Penquins about showing a lack of class when on the ice.

In the 90's and early 2000's was the IN thing to do was to hate the Detroit Red Wings cause they were good? No, wanna know why? Because they were never considered as a "dirty" team. They were always an organization that presented themselves with class and played the game the right way.

And don't come back at me with some Flyers BS. Unlike you and most Penquins fan, I'm not a huge homer and I admit when they are dirty and douche bags. Which, is many times of the year. It just annoys the hell out of me when talking to Penquins fans because all they do is bitch how everyone hates them. I wonder where you guys get your bitch and moaning skills from.....................
__________________
Ray27Ray52:
"53% constitutes a majority? Good to know."
avjp87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:20 AM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
WilsonValdez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Temporarily Suspended
Posts: 9,580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avjp87 View Post
And another Penquins fan is wrong.

Who are you talking to?? SOOOOOO many people in the NHL despise Ovechkin. Sometimes, he annoys me more then Crosby. If Crosby would just shut the hell up and play the game, I'd have no problem with him. But he bitches non stop, dives every chance he gets. Pot calling the kettle black when he complains about other players. And you would think with a player like mario lemieux that he would have some sort of influence on Crosby on how to play the game, but it doesn't.

Lucic and Pronger are always voted towards the top as some of the dirtiest players in the league so not sure why you're thinking that. O wait a minute, yes I do, you're a Penquins fan and they can do no wrong, right?

The IN thing to do is to hate them? Yeah, you're finally right about something. Why do you think people hate them? Why do you always hear other players on other teams, coaches and just people in the NHL talking about the Penquins about showing a lack of class when on the ice.

In the 90's and early 2000's was the IN thing to do was to hate the Detroit Red Wings cause they were good? No, wanna know why? Because they were never considered as a "dirty" team. They were always an organization that presented themselves with class and played the game the right way.

And don't come back at me with some Flyers BS. Unlike you and most Penquins fan, I'm not a huge homer and I admit when they are dirty and douche bags. Which, is many times of the year. It just annoys the hell out of me when talking to Penquins fans because all they do is bitch how everyone hates them. I wonder where you guys get your bitch and moaning skills from.....................
Plus Fcking 1!

(Although I disagree that the Flyers team of this year was particularly dirty...)
__________________
"I have learned over the years that when one's mind is made up, this diminshes fear." - Rosa Parks
WilsonValdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.