Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2007, 04:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 06/07 Cup Hockey Case

Hi Everyone,

I have never busted Hockey before but I am thinking about a case of The Cup. I am actually considering doing more Hockey in the future. At the current prices what is everyone's opinion on busting a 6 box case? Decent chance of not getting absolutely killed on this product? All opinions are welcome
sandlotsportcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Keep it sealed. This product is like Exquisite. It is a high risk, high reward product. Additionally, it contains the best and least produced cards of this year's rookie class. It should take off in 2-3 years or even sooner after some of the rookies mature.
EGRHOCKEYFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

I busted a case at almost dealer cost and still lost $300.00 AND that was hitting some really nice cards. You could lose $1000.00 very easily with the amount of The Cup that is listed on Ebay right now.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

also, if you do bust don't sell til the season starts. right now, hockey seems to be selling really cheap on ebay.
andrew13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:50 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to allhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew13 View Post
also, if you do bust don't sell til the season starts. right now, hockey seems to be selling really cheap on ebay.
I very much agree with A13- dont know why folks sell hockey in the middle of the summer like this. Common sense would dictate potential buyers would be greater in a few weeks once camps open & the season starts, folks come in from outside begin to settle in doors for school and due to the shorter days. I have lost my power seller status each of the last two years by July- Aug, cause I dont sell much at all - if any during the summer/off season.........
allhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allhockey View Post
I very much agree with A13- dont know why folks sell hockey in the middle of the summer like this. Common sense would dictate potential buyers would be greater in a few weeks once camps open & the season starts, folks come in from outside begin to settle in doors for school and due to the shorter days. I have lost my power seller status each of the last two years by July- Aug, cause I dont sell much at all - if any during the summer/off season.........
I used to take the summer off because hockey sales tank in the summer. So I had to get smart and do baseball and football... augh!!! Never again.

It is a good buying opportunity for resale. I picked up a Hossa Preferred for $18 and another for $22 this month. When I have enough I'll send them up to PSA and resell on eBay.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to allhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
I used to take the summer off because hockey sales tank in the summer. So I had to get smart and do baseball and football... augh!!! Never again.

It is a good buying opportunity for resale. I picked up a Hossa Preferred for $18 and another for $22 this month. When I have enough I'll send them up to PSA and resell on eBay.
I have thought about doing other stuff when the boys dont have them laced up- fortunately I have never taken that step- dont see how guys do it year round personally- unless its your full time gig. And being full time in this environment is hard to believe.........I also am a big buyer this time of year- certainly there are some spectaular deals out there- certainly cards of the type you described can bring an easy 20-25% plus premium just few months from now- Hossa had an off year in my opinion............
allhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allhockey View Post
I have thought about doing other stuff when the boys dont have them laced up- fortunately I have never taken that step- dont see how guys do it year round personally- unless its your full time gig. And being full time in this environment is hard to believe.........I also am a big buyer this time of year- certainly there are some spectaular deals out there- certainly cards of the type you described can bring an easy 20-25% plus premium just few months from now- Hossa had an off year in my opinion............
A lot of folks are dumping cards in lots this summer. I missed on a few good ones, a LeCavalier UD rookie lot of 20 went for $32, I missed that one though. Even stuff I'm overloaded on like Theodore (30 in stock) or Gagne (at least 60 in stock) I pick up if the price is right because I know I'll move it in the fall and spring.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

i missed the boat on Letang cards. some where dirt cheap, then i started bidding finally and now they're all up to like 15-20. still may be a steal though if he wins the calder.

i'm stocking up on whitneys at the moment, and picking up the rare boogeys and parros' i am missing. i have gotten some sweet deals so far i think.
andrew13 is offline   Reply With Quote