Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 06:27 PM   #276 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post
Oh look....nhl.com just put these on sale for 20% off....pens fans quick.....

Lol , classic
Old 04-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #277 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbschuet View Post
I don't post much in these forums prefer to just read and keep my opinion to myself. But I am a Pens fan and felt like I needed to post and apologize to all Flyers players and fan for the disgusting cheap shots and runs Pens players have taken particularly in game 3...the end with the runs by Neal were just sickening..so I'll go back to just reading but felt like apologizing and am as disgusted as all you are.
Damn, finally a Penquins fan who isn't a homer

What do most Penquins fan think of the team and organization? Like how they're being called classless and dirty.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:34 PM   #278 (permalink)

I can't speak for all Pens fans knowing some people they probably love it but for me personally it's disgraceful. I'll gladly support my team but I don't want people associating me with the way they play and after today's game it makes me sick because of the way they behaved and played hockey...they're grown men not little immature boys.
dbschuet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #279 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbschuet View Post
I don't post much in these forums prefer to just read and keep my opinion to myself. But I am a Pens fan and felt like I needed to post and apologize to all Flyers players and fan for the disgusting cheap shots and runs Pens players have taken particularly in game 3...the end with the runs by Neal were just sickening..so I'll go back to just reading but felt like apologizing and am as disgusted as all you are.
And you are an admirable fan and a respectable person. Thank you for admitting the obvious, which apparently is so hard for the others in your fan-base to do.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #280 (permalink)

fun stuff to watch.

I think everybody needs to suck it up though.

Pens fans aren't here because they have absolutely nothing to talk about - their team has failed so far in every regard - beginning in net.

Flyers fans need to suck it up - this is hockey always has been. This is flyers hockey - you guys should know that, and you're playing it way better right now than Pitts so be happy.

The Rangers/Flyers or Bruins/Flyers series that is inevitable won't be any less hard fought. Physical all the way, that's why the Cup is the hardest trophy to win in sports.

As for Oilers fans - we would be golfing by now if it would stop snowing.

ya that's right it's still winter - so if you think you have something to complain about
Oilers1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:38 PM   #281 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers1980 View Post
fun stuff to watch.

Pens fans aren't here because they have absolutely nothing to talk about - their team has failed so far in every regard - beginning in net.

Flyers fans need to suck it up - this is hockey always has been. This is flyers hockey - you guys should know that, and you're playing it way better right now than Pitts so be happy.

The Rangers/Flyers or Bruins/Flyers series that is inevitable won't be any less hard fought. Physical all the way, that's why the Cup is the hardest trophy to win in sports.

ya that's right it's still winter - so if you think you have something to complain about
Oilers are still in the league?
Old 04-15-2012, 06:39 PM   #282 (permalink)

Shall we review?

Crosby slashing brzy
Asham cross check to the face
adams punching hartnell in the back of the head
james neal leaving his feet to hit cooter
james neal hitting the head of giroux

did i miss anything??
sportsstuff87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:40 PM   #283 (permalink)

Quote:
fun stuff to watch.

suck it up??? are you kidding me? shoo, just go away.

being physical and being cheap are two complete different things

soooo if aaron asham cross checked taylor hall in the throat you wouldnt complain?
If Jordan eberle gets smacked with the puck no where near him thats ok?

go away homer.

Last edited by sportsstuff87; 04-15-2012 at 06:43 PM.
sportsstuff87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:41 PM   #284 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsstuff87 View Post
suck it up??? are you kidding me? shoo, just go away.

being physical and being cheap are two complete different things

go away homer.
+1 HUGE difference between being physical and being cheap.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:42 PM   #285 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsstuff87 View Post
Shall we review?

Crosby slashing brzy...slapping away Voracek's glove when he went to go pick it up...refusing to fight with Schenn
Asham cross check to the face, punches him while he's laying face down
adams punching hartnell in the back of the head and pulling his hair during the fight
james neal leaving his feet to hit cooter
james neal hitting the head of giroux

did i miss anything??
I fixed it a little.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:42 PM   #286 (permalink)

Quote:
fun stuff to watch.

Hey Liam..serious question. Did you watch the entire game...and paying full attention?
Old 04-15-2012, 07:27 PM   #287 (permalink)

Normally only watch hockey once it gets to the playoffs, but was watching the game at a restaurant. Seemed like the type of game that gives hockey a bad name as the sport. I get fighting a little after a cheap hit, but delaying the game to skate around and fight? Seemed like they were fighting for 5 minutes, and then a guy complains about getting his hair pulled when it's curled past his shoulders and looks like a girl. And then all of their highlights after the game were 25 seconds and fighting and 5 seconds of the 12 goals, thought it was a UFC fight or something.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:33 PM   #288 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Normally only watch hockey once it gets to the playoffs, but was watching the game at a restaurant. Seemed like the type of game that gives hockey a bad name as the sport. I get fighting a little after a cheap hit, but delaying the game to skate around and fight? Seemed like they were fighting for 5 minutes, and then a guy complains about getting his hair pulled when it's curled past his shoulders and looks like a girl. And then all of their highlights after the game were 25 seconds and fighting and 5 seconds of the 12 goals, thought it was a UFC fight or something.

Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having to read your post. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #289 (permalink)

Should be goodbye Neal and Asham for game 4 at least. Asham should be done for the series after that cheap shot. I think it's time the league hit D&ckhead Dan's bank account a little because you can't tell me he's not encouraging some of this stuff. If he isn't then he should be fired because that means he can't control his own team.

The refs are to blame as well as they were a joke and let this get out of hand. Giving the Pens the power play for inciting the whole mess in the first just shows how they had no clue. I said to my buddy after the first period if they keep evening up calls they're going to lose control of the game and they did. How they missed Neal's cheap shot is beyond me ? The fact that Lavy didn't have Simmonds or Rinaldo come over the boards after Neal is beyond me at that point and it almost cost them Giroux. You can preach discipline but you can't let cheap crap like that go unanswered.

Lost in all this because Fleury has been horrendous is that the Flyers need to get Bryz going because he hasn't been the same since coming back from the foot injury. He's let in some very soft goals lately but is getting away with it because of the sieve on the other end of the ice. 20 goals in 3 games BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Not even the Flyers goalie carousel last year was this pitiful.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:49 PM   #290 (permalink)

Old 04-15-2012, 07:52 PM   #291 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Please stick to posting about WWE....
Old 04-15-2012, 08:03 PM   #292 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Fleurycup09

Lets check out some videos Shall we?

Scott Hartnell dirty hit on David Desharnais, Def. Zone (2011-01-25) - YouTube
Briere gets a two game vacation. - YouTube
Daniel Briere cheapshot on Franz Nielsen - YouTube
Danny Briere Dirty Hit on Rob Niedermayer 4-26-11 - YouTube

SO classy Flyer fans.... You know what they say about throwing stones.

I am a die hard Pens fan. Always have been and always will be. I will defend their right doings and Wrong doings till the end.

No series ever ended in 3 games. Pens in 7. LETS GO PENS ! ! ! !
Old 04-15-2012, 08:05 PM   #293 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleurycup09 View Post

I am a die hard Pens fan. Always have been and always will be. I will defend their right doings and Wrong doings till the end.

Yeah that's great

Old 04-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #294 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Should be goodbye Neal and Asham for game 4 at least. Asham should be done for the series after that cheap shot.
Agreed, but what about the d-bag that was 3rd man in on the last scrum? Crosby was involved with someone next to the bench (so much crap at once, I cannot remember who it was) and Penguin jumped in and started throwing punches at the Flyer. Is that not an automatic suspension, being 3rd man in?

Someone needs to get a video or scren capture of that one because it was just as bad as the other garbage Pittsburgh threw out today.

And when is someone in that locker room going to have the balls to knock Crosby on his ass for continuing to incite riots, then leave his teammates to face the music while he skates away or flat-out refuses to engage?
IndyKMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:11 PM   #295 (permalink)

Quote:

Really guy? Are you that stupid?

EDIT: I'm sorry, let me rephrase that

You're a moron

Last edited by avjp87; 04-15-2012 at 08:17 PM.
avjp87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:13 PM   #296 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyKMB View Post
Agreed, but what about the d-bag that was 3rd man in on the last scrum? Crosby was involved with someone next to the bench (so much crap at once, I cannot remember who it was) and Penguin jumped in and started throwing punches at the Flyer. Is that not an automatic suspension, being 3rd man in?
While it was pretty gutless (but hey it's the Pens) I'm guessing Adams will probably get away with that because I don't think the refs considered that a fight yet between Hartnell and Sid. Shanny has to take Asham out and SHOULD take Neil but I don't think he'd take Adams as well.

Old 04-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #297 (permalink)

Quote:

This make you feel any better? Do a similar search on some of your beloved Penguins and you'll find the same stuff. Better yet, just watch today's game.

Not one Flyers fan here will even attempt to tell you that our franchise is guilt-free of crap like this. We've seen it before and it doesn't make it any better than what we have been witnessing out of Pittsburgh for the last month or so.

The issue here is, the things we saw tonight were intents to injure and knock players out of the game because they have been out-played entirely in this series. If the roles were reversed you'd be seething as we are, as this is the last thing Pittsburgh has left ... take as many guys out before going home. That's gutless hockey and there is absolutely no place for it, and I'd say that just as much and as loudly if it were Claude Giroux that left his feet and leveled Staal 3-4 seconds after he had lost possession of the puck, then skated around and went after Crosby's head seconds later, THEN mouthed "what did I do?" when assessed a penalty.

I publicly stated it here when the 7th goal was scored but we ALL knew it was coming...goonville. Go aheead and defend your team all you want, but that was despicable hockey. A fan base that has had to deal with guys running at their stars over the years shouldn't all of a sudden accept this trash or revel in it. Guess you reap what you sew, so when Crosby gets is next concussion I will read Pens fans comments with interest.
IndyKMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:24 PM   #298 (permalink)

Embarrassing

It's really all I got
bigbensbff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #299 (permalink)

I don't typically post on the weekends but felt compelled to jump on and at least catch up to how others viewed game three (i.e. I was on vacation

With that said, I was as disgusted as most (all) of the Flyers fans by the conduct of many of the Pens players in todays game, particularly the third period. I won't try to sit here and apologize for a entire franchise or a group of players. As a fan of the team I don't think that is my responsibility. Just know that it gives this fan no solace in a series where his team has played pitifully to see them intent upon injuring the opposing teams players.

As for suspensions, the way the league and Shanaban has been this year anyone's guess is as good as mine. After seeing Weber only get a fine for what he did to Zetterberg it appears the NHL views calling Crosby and Malkin, "whiny stars" worse than shoving an opponents head in to the glass. It'd be tough for the NHL to ignore the precedent they set by sitting Ovie 4 games before/after the all-star break for leaving his feet and hitting Michalek and then not giving Neal at least a game, but once again with the garage league the have set up right now no one knows.

Finally, as for BostonNut coming on this thread and jumping for joy with what I can only assume what he thinks will be a cakewalk for the Rangers or Bruins in the next round, I hope the B's get their behinds handed to them by the Capitals. If (read when) Philly wins one more game and gets to rest 5 days before having to face their next opponent I think they are on their way to the SCF.

Completed the 1971 Topps set!
Currently working on the 1969 and 1970 sets
mthokie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #300 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyKMB View Post
This make you feel any better? Do a similar search on some of your beloved Penguins and you'll find the same stuff. Better yet, just watch today's game.

Not one Flyers fan here will even attempt to tell you that our franchise is guilt-free of crap like this. We've seen it before and it doesn't make it any better than what we have been witnessing out of Pittsburgh for the last month or so.

The issue here is, the things we saw tonight were intents to injure and knock players out of the game because they have been out-played entirely in this series. If the roles were reversed you'd be seething as we are, as this is the last thing Pittsburgh has left ... take as many guys out before going home. That's gutless hockey and there is absolutely no place for it, and I'd say that just as much and as loudly if it were Claude Giroux that left his feet and leveled Staal 3-4 seconds after he had lost possession of the puck, then skated around and went after Crosby's head seconds later, THEN mouthed "what did I do?" when assessed a penalty.

I publicly stated it here when the 7th goal was scored but we ALL knew it was coming...goonville. Go aheead and defend your team all you want, but that was despicable hockey. A fan base that has had to deal with guys running at their stars over the years shouldn't all of a sudden accept this trash or revel in it. Guess you reap what you sew, so when Crosby gets is next concussion I will read Pens fans comments with interest.
That's a valiant effort but don't even bother trying to talk to that dude. He's obviously a close minded homer fan that thinks everyone is out to get his team. Which is right this time around