Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #301 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthokie83 View Post
I don't typically post on the weekends but felt compelled to jump on and at least catch up to how others viewed game three (i.e. I was on vacation

With that said, I was as disgusted as most (all) of the Flyers fans by the conduct of many of the Pens players in todays game, particularly the third period. I won't try to sit here and apologize for a entire franchise or a group of players. As a fan of the team I don't think that is my responsibility. Just know that it gives this fan no solace in a series where his team has played pitifully to see them intent upon injuring the opposing teams players.

As for suspensions, the way the league and Shanaban has been this year anyone's guess is as good as mine. After seeing Weber only get a fine for what he did to Zetterberg it appears the NHL views calling Crosby and Malkin, "whiny stars" worse than shoving an opponents head in to the glass. It'd be tough for the NHL to ignore the precedent they set by sitting Ovie 4 games before/after the all-star break for leaving his feet and hitting Michalek and then not giving Neal at least a game, but once again with the garage league the have set up right now no one knows.

Finally, as for BostonNut coming on this thread and jumping for joy with what I can only assume what he thinks will be a cakewalk for the Rangers or Bruins in the next round, I hope the B's get their behinds handed to them by the Capitals. If (read when) Philly wins one more game and gets to rest 5 days before having to face their next opponent I think they are on their way to the SCF.
They're going to Sportscardforum?

That sure would suck
Old 04-15-2012, 08:29 PM   #302 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbensbff View Post
Embarrassing

It's really all I got
See ^...Pens fan calling a spade a spade. This is why Krupper is my boy. Well this and his FB card sales.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:31 PM   #303 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleurycup09 View Post
Lets check out some videos Shall we?

Scott Hartnell dirty hit on David Desharnais, Def. Zone (2011-01-25) - YouTube
Briere gets a two game vacation. - YouTube
Daniel Briere cheapshot on Franz Nielsen - YouTube
Danny Briere Dirty Hit on Rob Niedermayer 4-26-11 - YouTube

SO classy Flyer fans.... You know what they say about throwing stones.

I am a die hard Pens fan. Always have been and always will be. I will defend their right doings and Wrong doings till the end.

No series ever ended in 3 games. Pens in 7. LETS GO PENS ! ! ! !
LOL...that is all I have. I hope you are like 14, for your sake.

Quote:
I don't typically post on the weekends but felt compelled to jump on and at least catch up to how others viewed game three (i.e. I was on vacation

With that said, I was as disgusted as most (all) of the Flyers fans by the conduct of many of the Pens players in todays game, particularly the third period. I won't try to sit here and apologize for a entire franchise or a group of players. As a fan of the team I don't think that is my responsibility. Just know that it gives this fan no solace in a series where his team has played pitifully to see them intent upon injuring the opposing teams players.

As for suspensions, the way the league and Shanaban has been this year anyone's guess is as good as mine. After seeing Weber only get a fine for what he did to Zetterberg it appears the NHL views calling Crosby and Malkin, "whiny stars" worse than shoving an opponents head in to the glass. It'd be tough for the NHL to ignore the precedent they set by sitting Ovie 4 games before/after the all-star break for leaving his feet and hitting Michalek and then not giving Neal at least a game, but once again with the garage league the have set up right now no one knows.

Finally, as for BostonNut coming on this thread and jumping for joy with what I can only assume what he thinks will be a cakewalk for the Rangers or Bruins in the next round, I hope the B's get their behinds handed to them by the Capitals. If (read when) Philly wins one more game and gets to rest 5 days before having to face their next opponent I think they are on their way to the SCF.
Appropriate respect given...noted.
WilsonValdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:33 PM   #304 (permalink)

Bahahahaha....Anyone of the regulars on here knows I talk out of my behind 99.99% of the time.

If you honestly think I think Philly is going to be swept next round then I'm sorry for making a bad joke.

Quote:

Old 04-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #305 (permalink)

Players on the Penquins probably have this stuck in their head

Last edited by avjp87; 04-15-2012 at 08:53 PM.
avjp87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #306 (permalink)

I hated seeing that kind of sh*t today from the Pens and I'm sure Ace wasn't happy at all about it either. I have a feeling he's going to have a long talk with Bylsma after these events and may not even retain him as coach. I know he won't bring Asham back and I would not be opposed to seeing Bylsma go as well. I know this type of stuff would not have gone on if Therrien were behind the bench.

The move to Bylsma at the time was the right one, but now it's time for a strict coach to take over again. The personnel is right, but the leadership and direction is wrong.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:55 PM   #307 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
I hated seeing that kind of sh*t today from the Pens and I'm sure Ace wasn't happy at all about it either. I have a feeling he's going to have a long talk with Bylsma after these events and may not even retain him as coach. I know he won't bring Asham back and I would not be opposed to seeing Bylsma go as well. I know this type of stuff would not have gone on if Therrien were behind the bench.

The move to Bylsma at the time was the right one, but now it's time for a strict coach to take over again. The personnel is right, but the leadership and direction is wrong.
I was thinking that today, if they would get rid of Bylsma if they can't come back. But like I've been saying, I have no idea what the reaction is in Pittsburgh.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:55 PM   #308 (permalink)

No wonder I hate the Penguins. I know Asham is a 'tough guy', but cmon seriously? And Neal was, without a doubt, head hunting in the third period. Hoping for a sweep next game so we can avoid any potentially unexpected injuries...
Old 04-15-2012, 08:56 PM   #309 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluecolt93 View Post
No wonder I hate the Penguins. I know Asham is a 'tough guy', but cmon seriously? And Neal was, without a doubt, head hunting in the third period. Hoping for a sweep next game so we can avoid any potentially unexpected injuries...
You have to get it right. It's not Asham, it's Ass Ham.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:12 PM   #310 (permalink)

What an AWESOME game...was able to be there right behind the net ...unreal...
Old 04-15-2012, 09:29 PM   #311 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleurycup09 View Post
Lets check out some videos Shall we?

Scott Hartnell dirty hit on David Desharnais, Def. Zone (2011-01-25) - YouTube
Briere gets a two game vacation. - YouTube
Daniel Briere cheapshot on Franz Nielsen - YouTube
Danny Briere Dirty Hit on Rob Niedermayer 4-26-11 - YouTube

SO classy Flyer fans.... You know what they say about throwing stones.

I am a die hard Pens fan. Always have been and always will be. I will defend their right doings and Wrong doings till the end.

No series ever ended in 3 games. Pens in 7. LETS GO PENS ! ! ! !

can you post some videos of the polar ice caps melting or maybe the economic issue in the united states.....i mean they have about as much relevance to this as those videos right.........???

go away
sportsstuff87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:23 PM   #312 (permalink)

Here's a video someone posted on ESPN tonight. Since FleuryCup likes videos I thought this might be a good show for him:

Why People Hate Sidney Crosby and Pen's Fans - YouTube
IndyKMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:33 PM   #313 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyKMB View Post
Here's a video someone posted on ESPN tonight. Since FleuryCup likes videos I thought this might be a good show for him:

Why People Hate Sidney Crosby and Pen's Fans - YouTube
There will be one made of Crosby solely from this series. Guaranteed.
WilsonValdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:55 PM   #314 (permalink)

Ill make sure to take the over on the next game

Always Looking For Rare Paul Pierce
tylert295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:44 AM   #315 (permalink)

Some scathing comments from a Pittsburgh columnist this morning who certainly gets it:

Kovacevic: Don't bother showing for Game 4 - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Last edited by IndyKMB; 04-16-2012 at 06:48 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:12 AM   #316 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyKMB View Post
Some scathing comments from a Pittsburgh columnist this morning who certainly gets it:

Kovacevic: Don't bother showing for Game 4 - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
He was doing fine until this :

James Neal`s later hit that wiped out Sean Couturier wasn`t nearly as bad as folks here fussed about, but it was well away from the puck.

Wasn't as bad ? He left his feet to hit a guy who wasn't even looking that didn't have the puck, then tries to elbow Giroux's head into the seats (which I guess this guy missed) Maybe this guy thinks Shanny reads his column for insight before suspending guys ?

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #317 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
He was doing fine until this :

James Neal`s later hit that wiped out Sean Couturier wasn`t nearly as bad as folks here fussed about, but it was well away from the puck.

Wasn't as bad ? He left his feet to hit a guy who wasn't even looking that didn't have the puck, then tries to elbow Giroux's head into the seats (which I guess this guy missed) Maybe this guy thinks Shanny reads his column for insight before suspending guys ?
I just heard on another site that Neal is scheduled to have TWO hearings tomorrow morning for his hits on Couturier and Giroux. It will be interesting to see what he gets.
rhcardinals3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:14 PM   #318 (permalink)

Neal gets 5 games.............goes into next yr wear ever he is playing
Old 04-16-2012, 12:19 PM   #319 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacardi2 View Post
Neal gets 5 games.............goes into next yr wear ever he is playing
where do you see that? His hearings are tomorrow.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #320 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avjp87 View Post
where do you see that? His hearings are tomorrow.
I'm guessing that was his prediction. The hearings are tomorrow.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #321 (permalink)

As a half season ticket plan holder I'll say that both teams are guilty of playing like goons at variouls levels throughout the series. I also think that Asham is the only player that should get suspended for the debauchery in game 3. The Flyers players weren't angels either... While this series is action packed, entertaining, and generating attention, it's not the kind of attention that hockey wants to have to attrack more fans. Furthermore, I'd like the NHL to take a serious look at the refs calling the playoffs. Also watching the Caps series closely the refs have been horrible across the board. Aren't these guys the best of the best? IMHO

The problem is that everybody tries to rip everybody off!
MrSnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:22 PM   #322 (permalink)

Being a repeat offender (both previously and during the game), I can't see Neal playing Game 4.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #323 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSnyder View Post
As a half season ticket plan holder I'll say that both teams are guilty of playing like goons at variouls levels throughout the series. I also think that Asham is the only player that should get suspended for the debauchery in game 3. The Flyers players weren't angels either... While this series is action packed, entertaining, and generating attention, it's not the kind of attention that hockey wants to have to attrack more fans. Furthermore, I'd like the NHL to take a serious look at the refs calling the playoffs. Also watching the Caps series closely the refs have been horrible across the board. Aren't these guys the best of the best? IMHO
can i please have a detailed list of the flyers dirty illegal plays in this series so far? thank you.
sportsstuff87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #324 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSnyder View Post
Furthermore, I'd like the NHL to take a serious look at the refs calling the playoffs. Also watching the Caps series closely the refs have been horrible across the board. Aren't these guys the best of the best? IMHO
I'll certainly agree with you on this count. The referee certainly failed to establish any semblance of control yesterday. If players can be fined and suspended, they should be held to similar standards.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #325 (permalink)

Yesterday was the first time in my 32 years I have watched an entire hockey game, and I must say "Where the hell have I been?' That was one of the most exciting sporting events I have seen in a very long time. Take it I have no favorites, because before this moment I never watched hockey (except highlights on Sportscenter). I thought hockey was just for New Englanders and Canadians, well I'm going to try to catch a few more of these playoff games and hockey might have another fan. I knew of the Pens-Flyers hatred, but I never imagined in a million years it was that deep. They talk about keeping the NFL clean, this was like MMA meets lacrosse on ice. Now I need to figure out the rules!!!
thebear29 is offline   Reply With Quote