Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #426 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
No worries or Now there is worries? Seems the Philly papers are more inclined to believe the 2nd. Like I said, the chances of the Pens winning this series are like 3 out of 100 but Philly has big problems in the 2nd round.
oh no there are def worries haha.

The flyers need to play a rough game against the pens to win, get in their faces and rough up crosby and malkin. IF you let them skate around free and make plays, well, you saw what happened last night.

The officiating also needs to let them play.

14 power plays is just down right wrong.

9 for the pens 5 for the flyers.

If it was the other way around i would say the same thing. The officals have so much pressure on them with the stuff that has been going on lately it seems you cant touch someone without a penalty.

I just think the flyers opened up a HUGE can of worms after last night and well, its not looking good.
sportsstuff87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #427 (permalink)

Both teams have made their beds and now they have to sleep in them.

They had their opportunity to play a normal series but now due to their actions every little bump is going to be called....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsstuff87 View Post

The flyers need to play a rough game against the pens to win, get in their faces and rough up crosby and malkin. IF you let them skate around free and make plays, well, you saw what happened last night.

If it was the other way around i would say the same thing. The officals have so much pressure on them with the stuff that has been going on lately it seems you cant touch someone without a penalty.

I just think the flyers opened up a HUGE can of worms after last night and well, its not looking good.
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #428 (permalink)

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Both teams have made their beds and now they have to sleep in them.

They had their opportunity to play a normal series but now due to their actions every little bump is going to be called....
I agree with you BNut. For better or worse this is what the series has become and both teams will have to adjust accordingly.

Officials are human, they are prone to mistakes. Very (extremely) rarely is a game/series ever going to come down to a mistake an official made. All I want to see out the officiating is consistency. Either call every minor bump along the way, or let the guys play after the whistle every play, but not both. Just be consistent.

Completed the 1971 Topps set!
Currently working on the 1969 and 1970 sets
mthokie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #429 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthokie83 View Post
I agree with you BNut. For better or worse this is what the series has become and both teams will have to adjust accordingly.

Officials are human, they are prone to mistakes. Very (extremely) rarely is a game/series ever going to come down to a mistake an official made. All I want to see out the officiating is consistency. Either call every minor bump along the way, or let the guys play after the whistle every play, but not both. Just be consistent.
Completely agree with this statement. Last night's game was a joke (as far as the consistency factor goes)...every single ticky-tack possible penalty was called. It was just frustrating to watch, because 1/2 the stuff doesn't even get called in the regular season and especially not in the 3 games before.

I am DEFINITELY not assigning blame to the refs for the loss; not even close. I'm just saying that it was frustrating as all hell to watch, when you're trying to watch a playoff hockey game and they are calling little penalties every 2-3 minutes.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:53 PM   #430 (permalink)
Banned

Flyers fans are not worried

The Penguins won ONE game. THey are down Three games to one. Coming back when you're down 3 games to none is a mountain climb in hockey. The Penguins, realistically, have about a 5% chance of winning this series.

The fact that a team coming back when down three games to none has only happened four or five times in history should prove how difficult it is. Im not knocking the Penguins skill, just pointing out that despite skill, winning 4 in a row in the playoffs is nearly unthinkable.

Yes, the Flyers did. Yes several other teams did it. But those cases are few and far between.

Not saying it can't happen, but even after tonights awful performance by the flyers, the odds are heavily, heavily in their favor.
Sidthekidc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:22 PM   #431 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthokie83 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
Completely agree with this statement. Last night's game was a joke (as far as the consistency factor goes)...every single ticky-tack possible penalty was called. It was just frustrating to watch, because 1/2 the stuff doesn't even get called in the regular season and especially not in the 3 games before.

I am DEFINITELY not assigning blame to the refs for the loss; not even close. I'm just saying that it was frustrating as all hell to watch, when you're trying to watch a playoff hockey game and they are calling little penalties every 2-3 minutes.
You guys are completely on the wrong track. No one has claimed the 10-3 game last night was the result of officiating errors or over-zealousness.
However, there is the very real case in game 1 where a goal was allowed on a WAY offside play, a goal that ended up creating a tie game... No goal, no game 1 win for Philly.

Yes, officials can and DO change the course of series with their mistakes. I've seen it countless times in the NBA and very rarely in the NHL but time will tell if it gets worse in hockey.
Nicnac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #432 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
You guys are completely on the wrong track. No one has claimed the 10-3 game last night was the result of officiating errors or over-zealousness.
However, there is the very real case in game 1 where a goal was allowed on a WAY offside play, a goal that ended up creating a tie game... No goal, no game 1 win for Philly.

Yes, officials can and DO change the course of series with their mistakes. I've seen it countless times in the NBA and very rarely in the NHL but time will tell if it gets worse in hockey.
Wtf are YOU talking about? How are we on the wrong track? All we are arguing for is consistency in the way the game is called...nobody is talking about 1-2 officiating boners or the results of the game. I think we (or at least I was) referring to the laughable difference in which games 1-3 were called vs. game 4.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:47 PM   #433 (permalink)

Quote:
Wtf are YOU talking about? How are we on the wrong track? All we are arguing for is consistency in the way the game is called...nobody is talking about 1-2 officiating boners or the results of the game. I think we (or at least I was) referring to the laughable difference in which games 1-3 were called vs. game 4.
I am DEFINITELY not assigning blame to the refs for the loss; not even close implies that people talking about the officials are talking about game 3. Any complaints about missed calls influencing the outcome of a game or series have to be made about game 1.
Nicnac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:12 PM   #434 (permalink)

Quote:

While you can't argue he was offside, you can argue til you are blue in the face about whether or not one particular missed call could affect the outcome of the game. With the way that Philly dominated the 2nd and 3rd period in game 1, I am in no way brave enough to even insinuate that Pitt would've won that game had that call been made.

Completed the 1971 Topps set!
Currently working on the 1969 and 1970 sets
mthokie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:29 PM   #435 (permalink)

Quote:
I am DEFINITELY not assigning blame to the refs for the loss; not even close implies that people talking about the officials are talking about game 3. Any complaints about missed calls influencing the outcome of a game or series have to be made about game 1.

Did you bother to read the paragraph directly above what you just quoted?
Old 04-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #436 (permalink)

Late 2nd period, Staal beat Bryzzy in Game 1, yet had it hit the inside of the pipe and kick out to the circle. That somehow moves a centimeter either way, this Series has a good chance of being tied 2-2.

Maybe as big a play as the offsides call yet hasn't been mentioned much. And those little bounces usually add up in a series more than calls by the refs.

Good news for Flyers: they still will win the series. Good news for Pens: they get one more game in front of the home folks before the tee times, and have, IMHO, two surging stars in Staal and Letang. Sid and Geno get a lot of ink, but these two have skills and a set of onions.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:52 PM   #437 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

hi cuties!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2012, 07:45 PM   #438 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidthekidc87 View Post
Flyers fans are not worried
I'm not ashamed to admit that I certainly am. Especially when our "#1" has been spotty at best, and both goalies combined to give up 10 (TEN!!) last night.

All it takes is the first win to get the confidence back. They come out blazing tomorrow, get another win, and then there is a HUGE amount of pressure on a young Flyers team to win game 6. They play tight, and it could mean a game 7 in Pittsburgh.

Worried? Me? Hell yes.
IndyKMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:52 PM   #439 (permalink)

Evgeni Malkin hit on Niklas Grossman. NY Rangers vs Ottawa Senators. 4/18/12 NHL Hockey - YouTube

Im shocked no 1 has posted this, hey, take a look at malkins elbow....

and then kennedy leaving his feet to hit grossman......

where did grossmans concussion come from???

Last edited by sportsstuff87; 04-19-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:52 PM   #440 (permalink)

Not even a hearing for Rinaldo. I think that's pretty ridiculous.

Oh well. He actually hurts the Flyers IMO
bigbensbff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #441 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbensbff View Post

It was def a stupid move by him....

What would the suspension be for? the stick NEVER made contact with the face, both gloves made contact with the face. Its kinda like someone getting punched with a glove on. Is that suspendable in the playoffs or regular season? Nope.

So its really not that ridiculous.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:12 PM   #442 (permalink)

Quote:

Quote:

What would the suspension be for? the stick NEVER made contact with the face, both gloves made contact with the face. Its kinda like someone getting punched with a glove on. Is that suspendable in the playoffs or regular season? Nope.

I am surprised, honestly. Ronaldo is under super-duper scrutiny from the NHL. We were talking about this in the stands yesterday, expected him to get at least 2-3 games. Guess not.

Regardless, Rinaldo is a freaking liability. 1/2 the time, he gets a penalty called on him just because he is Zac Rinaldo; the other 1/2 of the time he gets a penalty because he is a headcase and can't prevent himself from taking penalties. Either way, you can't win, and as much as I like his "energy", he hurts the team.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:16 PM   #443 (permalink)

Quote:
I am surprised, honestly. Ronaldo is under super-duper scrutiny from the NHL. We were talking about this in the stands yesterday, expected him to get at least 2-3 games. Guess not.

Regardless, Rinaldo is a freaking liability. 1/2 the time, he gets a penalty called on him just because he is Zac Rinaldo; the other 1/2 of the time he gets a penalty because he is a headcase and can't prevent himself from taking penalties. Either way, you can't win, and as much as I like his "energy", he hurts the team.

id much rather have harry z in the lineup
Old 04-19-2012, 08:18 PM   #444 (permalink)

Rinaldo not being suspended is actually GOOD for the Pens. I know when he's on the ice I feel better about the Pens scoring chances.
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:18 PM   #445 (permalink)

JVR will be back for game 5. Too bad he doesn't play goalie.

He will be on the a line with Read and Voracek
Old 04-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #446 (permalink)

Brzy is hurt and is a game time decision. They say hip injury and that would explain his poor performance last night.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:15 PM   #447 (permalink)

Quote:

Not sure. I can live with the board and cross check. It's the hit to the head when Michalek was defenseless that bothered me. Three blatant penaltys is 10 seconds. He did get a game misconduct so idk I just thought it was worth of a game.

Quote:

Not sure if Rinaldo has decent talent but I definitely felt this way about Cooke prior to this year
bigbensbff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:20 PM   #448 (permalink)

Ugh, rough game last night for the Flyers. What a complete disaster they were on defense. And Rinaldo is an idiot. I guess he was bitter that he didn't get to get his shots in late in game 3. Hope the defense can step it up a bit tomorrow night!
Old 04-19-2012, 10:22 PM   #449 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt16 View Post
Brzy is hurt and is a game time decision. They say hip injury and that would explain his poor performance last night.
That sucks for the Pens. Let's hope Bryzgalov heals overnight and is ready for Game 5! Let's go Bryz!!!
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:37 PM   #450 (permalink)

Quote:

Not sure if Rinaldo has decent talent but I definitely felt this way about Cooke prior to this year
He is talented in the sense that he can be a very good energy guy, can lay some good hits and is a bit of a pest...plus he can fight, but he doesnt have much offensive skill. He is like Carcillo V2 basically, but if he could contain himself he'll end up having a fairly long career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
That sucks for the Pens. Let's hope Bryzgalov heals overnight and is ready for Game 5! Let's go Bryz!!!
Yeah...you really don't know the Flyers goaltending that well if you're hoping for any sort of healthy Bryzgalov over the others. But I totally agree with you...let's go Bryz!