Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2012, 10:40 AM   #476 (permalink)

Saw the highlites on CSN. Surprised Crosby got up after Malkin laid him out and then of course another blind side cheap shot by Malkin, this time on Couts. Shame the Flyers didn't make them pay for that one. Looks like Briere blew a great chance to send it to OT by shooting it right at Fleury's pad then not being able to elevate it on the second chance when Fleury got the leg out for the rebound. Oh well, Flyers still in the drivers seat heading back to Philly. Game 6 slated as an early start, imagine that.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:54 AM   #477 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Saw the highlites on CSN. Surprised Crosby got up after Malkin laid him out and then of course another blind side cheap shot by Malkin, this time on Couts. Shame the Flyers didn't make them pay for that one. Looks like Briere blew a great chance to send it to OT by shooting it right at Fleury's pad then not being able to elevate it on the second chance when Fleury got the leg out for the rebound. Oh well, Flyers still in the drivers seat heading back to Philly. Game 6 slated as an early start, imagine that.
Now that this has become a series, you Flyer Fans have got to stop the pissing and moaning over "cheap shots' and what not's, if you have been watching these Games and I know you guy's are including you BAM, (Unless you were locked in a private room, you can't tell me the Game was not on some TV where you were playing poker, come on man it has gone both way's!
Neither Team has been absolved of flagrant penalties and it's the #@#@#@#@ing playoffs for crying out loud!
If that Briere off-sides was the other way around it would be the Refs. you guy's would be pointing fingers at. You are right the Flyers are still in the drivers seat, but when they get beat 2 Games in a row, because they were outplayed just accept the fact they were not as hungry as the Pens.
Trust me I know as the Caps have proven to be hungrier than my Bruins so far in there series IMO, and the only excuse I've got is my Team has been not creating enough Quality opportunities, and time is running out!
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:56 AM   #478 (permalink)

The Flyers should be able to finish this off tomorrow. They don't have momentum on their side but in situations like this, you usually see a team band together and give their best effort for one much needed game and since this is in their home building I think they will bring a very strong, all out effort. Especially from Bryzgalov...I think this is his game to shine.

If it does go to Game 7 though, I think the Flyers will be at a disadvantage and would really have a tough time. The team that scores first tomorrow, will win the game.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #479 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
The Flyers should be able to finish this off tomorrow. They don't have momentum on their side but in situations like this, you usually see a team band together and give their best effort for one much needed game and since this is in their home building I think they will bring a very strong, all out effort. Especially from Bryzgalov...I think this is his game to shine.

If it does go to Game 7 though, I think the Flyers will be at a disadvantage and would really have a tough time. The team that scores first tomorrow, will win the game.
By placating the Flyers is not going to give your Team an advantage! I do not believe for one moment that any of your post is sincere but still a very humble attempt on your behalf, the part I liked the most was this Quote: "Especially from Bryzgalov...I think this is his game to shine." Solt you my friend are the ultimate 'Eddie Haskell' (for those to young it's a' Leave it to Beaver' reference)
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #480 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

What a series, I have no idea who's gonna pull this one out.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:44 PM   #481 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Now that this has become a series, you Flyer Fans have got to stop the pissing and moaning over "cheap shots' and what not's, if you have been watching these Games and I know you guy's are including you BAM, (Unless you were locked in a private room, you can't tell me the Game was not on some TV where you were playing poker, come on man it has gone both way's!
Neither Team has been absolved of flagrant penalties and it's the #@#@#@#@ing playoffs for crying out loud!
If that Briere off-sides was the other way around it would be the Refs. you guy's would be pointing fingers at. You are right the Flyers are still in the drivers seat, but when they get beat 2 Games in a row, because they were outplayed just accept the fact they were not as hungry as the Pens.
Trust me I know as the Caps have proven to be hungrier than my Bruins so far in there series IMO, and the only excuse I've got is my Team has been not creating enough Quality opportunities, and time is running out!
No t.v. last night at the hall I rented for the tourney two months ago. Killed the turn out a little but whatever. My crystal ball didn't tell me game 5 would be last night back in Feb. when I set the date.

Who's whining because they lost the last two ? I have no problem with losing last night. I have no problem with hard, CLEAN hits that put guys down and out. I ahv eno problem with a two hander in the back to clear the crease or a glvoe to the face after the whistle. That's playoff hockey.

Other than Rinaldo in game three with a cross check and shove to the guys face with his gloves on (to which he laid there like he was shot LOL) , I haven't seen the Flyers running around giving elbows to the head or blind side hits to guys without the puck like Malkin and Neal have. Did I miss them ? Point them out if I did ? Biggest hit was Schenn's in game three and that was a clean, finishing type check on a guy who just made a clearing pass in his own end. I don't even have a problem with someone going after Schenn for the hit even though Asham crossed the line.

What really bothers me is that Lavy has this turn the other cheek approach. He should have sent someone after Malkin when game 4 got out of hand because an assbeating would put an end to his nonsense. Now Lavy's without Grossman and he's lucky he didn't lose Couts last night or back when Neal left his feet in game 3. Sooner or later you have to police this crap and stop the nonsense because you can't let a pussy like Malkin run around like he has. I guarantee you if Malkin shouldered Sidenberg in the jaw late like he did Grossman that Shawn Thornton or Lucic would have been sent off the bench on Malkin's next shift.

BTW you sound like Solt mentioning the Briere off sides. Did that missed call count as 4 goals or something ? Seems to me they were still down by two when that went in. Like I said after that game, it still doesn't make up for Bobby Nystrom in the '80 Cup Finals.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:47 PM   #482 (permalink)

If they call Briere for offsides, the faceoff is out of the zone. Who knows, Pittsburgh could have one the faceoff, went down and scored and that would seal the game. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Like I said, my feeling is Bryzgalov plays his best game of the series tomorrow. I hope he doesn't, but something tells me he will.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:56 PM   #483 (permalink)

Flyers are typically horrendous in afternoon starts. Might actually work out for them since the team that scores first loses in this series.

Old 04-21-2012, 01:56 PM   #484 (permalink)

Quote:
Flyers are typically horrendous in afternoon starts. Might actually work out for them since the team that scores first loses in this series.
And not only that, 12 PM too...couldn't ask for a worse start time (guess the boys will have to avoid Old City for one night).

I still have faith that they'll pull it out, but they look so tired, are dealing with so many injuries, etc that it's becoming pretty trying.

And yes, Malkin is a huge cheapshot artist (was going to make a post about it after the game I saw live, and saw lots of stuff you normally don't on TV, but didn't get around to it).

Edit: Also wow...it really is amazing to see all the Pens cockroach fans crawl out after they were completely gone/non-existant the first 3 games. Just an observation.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #485 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
And not only that, 12 PM too...couldn't ask for a worse start time (guess the boys will have to avoid Old City for one night).

I still have faith that they'll pull it out, but they look so tired, are dealing with so many injuries, etc that it's becoming pretty trying.

And yes, Malkin is a huge cheapshot artist (was going to make a post about it after the game I saw live, and saw lots of stuff you normally don't on TV, but didn't get around to it).

Edit: Also wow...it really is amazing to see all the Pens cockroach fans crawl out after they were completely gone/non-existant the first 3 games. Just an observation.
What were you saying there? All I heard was "cry" "whine" "excuse" "cry" "whine"

Where were all the "cockroach" Flyer fans when your team was getting your *ss beat 10-3?

Stop b*tching about cheap shots you whiny little b*tch. It's obvious your worried your team might pull off the biggest choke job in sports history (even though they won't).

Last edited by solt0131; 04-21-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:19 PM   #486 (permalink)

Quote:
What were you saying there? All I heard was "cry" "whine" "excuse" "cry" "whine"

Where were all the "cockroach" Flyer fans when your team was getting your *ss beat 10-3?

Stop b*tching about cheap shots you whiny little b*tch. It's obvious your worried your team might pull off the biggest choke job in sports history (even though they won't).
For the record, they were all still here. None of them went on "vacation" while the Flyers were getting their asses handed to them by the Pens. Just an observation...
lambeauleap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:21 PM   #487 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

Where were we? We were right here talking about the game. It's funny how you've showed back up when the Pens have started to play well.

I don't know how you are with the Steelers, but with the Pens, you're a bandwagon fan just like the rest of that city for hockey.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:37 PM   #488 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeauleap87 View Post
For the record, they were all still here. None of them went on "vacation" while the Flyers were getting their asses handed to them by the Pens. Just an observation...
Hey *sshole, I had to attend a funeral. Sorry to all the Flyers fans I can not be here 100% of the time but I can't control when people die. Don't make observations or assumptions about sh*t you don't know about.

This is all typical ignorant Philadelphia sports fans comments though.

Bandwagon, yep. We are all bandwagon fans here. When you have nothing left to bring up, the Philly fans always resort to the typical bandwagon comments (happens every time). I'm still a Pirate fan though and have been ever since I was a kid going to watch Stargell play at Three Rivers....would you like to join our Bucco bandwagon?
Old 04-21-2012, 03:39 PM   #489 (permalink)

Quote:

Wow, you are just a total joke.

Show me one time where I am making an excuse? I am just commenting on what I've seen, since I've watched this series incredibly closely and can make objective observations because I am not a hopelessly blind homer.

Malkin is a dirty player who goes around giving cheapshots: FACT.

All the flyers fans were still here, throughout the whole series...good or bad. You, on the other hand, are a pathetic coward who disappeared when your team was down and now you wanna come out and talk #@#@#@#@ when they are winning? Go back on your "vacation" and get lost...
Old 04-21-2012, 03:43 PM   #490 (permalink)

Quote:
Hey *sshole, I had to attend a funeral. Sorry to all the Flyers fans I can not be here 100% of the time but I can't control when people die. Don't make observations or assumptions about sh*t you don't know about.

Bandwagon, yep. We are all bandwagon fans here. When you have nothing left to bring up, the Philly fans always resort to the typical bandwagon comments (happens every time). I'm still a Pirate fan though and have been ever since I was a kid going to watch Stargell play at Three Rivers....would you like to join our Bucco bandwagon?
Why didn't you just say that instead of going on vacation? Doesn't sound like a vacation to me...it's not an assumption when I'm going off what you said, so chill.

Oh, not a Philly sports fan at all, FYI. And yeah, there's a helluva lot of Pittsburgh bandwagoners. That's the truth, truth.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:46 PM   #491 (permalink)

Quote:

Seriously, you are so stupid...it hurts. The Philly fans are really the ones who look 'ignorant' based on this thread.....right. The guy above me commenting isn't even a Philly fan lol.

I should've known that we couldn't have a good hockey conversation with typical ignorant, blind,homer, bandwagon Pittsburgh fans (see what I did there?).
Old 04-21-2012, 03:49 PM   #492 (permalink)

Quote:
All the flyers fans were still here, throughout the whole series...good or bad. You, on the other hand, are a pathetic coward who disappeared when your team was down and now you wanna come out and talk #@#@#@#@ when they are winning? Go back on your "vacation" and get lost...
You and your little b*tch buddies on here are some seriously sick and f'd up individuals. I'm done with all of you ignorant, crybaby Filthadelphia fans. Congratulations if you win the series because you probably will and if you don't, I'm sure it will be because the refs blew it, or Malkin's cheap shot, or Bettman wanted the Pens to advance.

You can have this thread and bitch and cry all you want now. I'm out.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:03 PM   #493 (permalink)

I'm just excited the game'll be on NBC so I'll actually get to watch it for once...
Old 04-21-2012, 08:27 PM   #494 (permalink)

Quote:
if you don't, I'm sure it will be because the refs blew it, or Malkin's cheap shot, or Bettman wanted the Pens to advance.
Yep. Cryer's fans rule.
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:44 AM   #495 (permalink)

Jeez, guess I can't leave you all alone for a day or it gets personal.

Come on now boys, I know the playoffs are emotional for the fans as well but let's keep it classy.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #496 (permalink)

Quote:
Jeez, guess I can't leave you all alone for a day or it gets personal.

Come on now boys, I know the playoffs are emotional for the fans as well but let's keep it classy.
Some people are just incapable of talking about a game with opposing fans without getting chilidish/personal...
Old 04-22-2012, 11:53 AM   #497 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Fleurycup09

Quote:
Some people are just incapable of talking about a game with opposing fans without getting chilidish/personal...

Are you kidding me? You have called more people a Moron and an Idiot in this thread then anything and you wanna talk about childish, You sir are a F**King A**Hole.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:58 AM   #498 (permalink)

This is getting good
Old 04-22-2012, 12:21 PM   #499 (permalink)

name calling?!?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
sportsstuff87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:26 PM   #500 (permalink)

Flyers strike first, but every team that scored first lost so far this series....
SerialKilnWalkr is offline   Reply With Quote