Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2012, 06:05 PM   #551 (permalink)

In honor of the Flyers MVP and his FOURTEEN point series, I present to you the crown jewel of my Flyers collection:

Well done, Claude!
IndyKMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #552 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Tremendous team effort today. Flyers FINALLY played a full 60 minutes and you could see once that 4th goal went in the Pens were stunned.

Superb game from start to finish by the Flyers future captain Giroux. Hard clean check on Crosby and a wicked wrister on his first shift got the bench and the barn rocking.

Still a whole lot more work to be done so I hope they're not satisfied with getting rid of their cross state rivals. If all the higher seeded teams go down the Flyers could actually have home ice advantage in the East. I normally don't like long layoffs between games for this team but the Flyers could use the extra days off to hopefully get some bodies back.

The hand shake line seemed to go with out a hitch although you could tell Lavy and Disco Dan can't stand each other with that quick dead fish. I was thinking maybe we'd get a Steve Thomas - Keith Jones type handshake where Thomas told Jonesy who agitated him all series long , "I swear on my kids, the next time we play I'm going to f'n kill you."
I hope all of you people who normally don't get a chance to watch the Flyers play, now have an idea of how tremendously good Giroux is. He is already a star and is only getting better. One of the top 3 best players in the league, no doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avjp87 View Post
Where's the Penguins fans? One showed up, and the rest just went and hid in their hole until next year.

That is my biggest pet peeve when it comes to fans of teams. You talk a big game when your team does well, that's normal and expected. But when the team doesn't do too well, you just go away. I hate it when fans do that, and it's like that in every sport. What ever happened to supporting your team no matter what? I'm sure most people do when their team isn't doing well, but come out and show. And don't be such a homer, every team does wrong at some point.

End rant, and about the 5th times i've talked about this in this thread cause how most of the Pitt fans have been in this thread, have been the bandwagon, fair weather fans.
And I've said the exact same thing. It's pretty sad. I lost a lot of respect for a bunch of Pens fans. The only one who went up in mind was Mthokie, because he actually stood in, the whole time, and was able to talk (mostly ) rationally about the game. Pskell stays neutral cause he wasn't involved enough

But seriously, everything Anthony wrote in the above post is completely true.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:16 PM   #553 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyKMB View Post
Philly fans are passionate, and no one can say otherwise.
This thread is 4 to 5 times longer than any other playoff thread and I'm not the least bit surprised.
Also, you get it. Say what you want about Philly fans (they are idiots , criminals, whatever stupid thing you want to say), but I don't think anyone can deny that they are one of the most passionate fan bases in any city.

Last edited by WilsonValdez; 04-22-2012 at 06:21 PM.
WilsonValdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:48 PM   #554 (permalink)

There is alot of jawing that goes on when these two teams play. They are rivals and it comes along with the territory. Some fans on here are classier than others but it goes both ways. I would have loved to see the Pens come back and take the series but at the same time, they had some dirty plays early in the series. I'm glad they just played hockey as the series went on. That Asham hit a few games back was dirty and shameful. Good games and good luck to the Flyers in the next series. Fleury and the D definately need to figure it out next playoff season. I have a feeling we'll see Philly next year in the playoffs.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:11 PM   #555 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Fleurycup09

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsstuff87 View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

Should read:

Giroux= Man

Crosby= Stanley Cup Champion

Take a Lesson
Old 04-22-2012, 09:41 PM   #556 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleurycup09 View Post
Should read:

Giroux= Man

Crosby= Stanley Cup Champion

Take a Lesson
Was that supposed to be clever or funny?

Because it was neither....
Sidthekidc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:05 PM   #557 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidthekidc87 View Post

LMAO. I would take offense of that comment BUT I read some recent posts you have been on and lets just say you arent the best Cop on the force haha Sorry officer.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:08 PM   #558 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleurycup09 View Post
LMAO. I would take offense of that comment BUT I read some recent posts you have been on and lets just say you arent the best Cop on the force haha Sorry officer.
a little late there bud
Sidthekidc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:44 PM   #559 (permalink)

Who cares how late. You are a joke not only in the internet world but in life in general. Now go back to the world of make believe im sure they have some unsolved crimes you can help with.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:58 PM   #560 (permalink)

Quote:

It was actually both! And accurate as Crosby has Won a Cup as a Boy (19 yrs. old) What part don't you understand If you can dish it out make sure you can take it!
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:01 PM   #561 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
It was actually both! And accurate as Crosby has Won a Cup as a Boy (19 yrs. old)
Huh???

I think you're wrong...

Crosby is 24 years old....simple math tells me he was 21 years old 3 years ago.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:58 AM   #562 (permalink)

Quote:

But it's true..................
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:21 AM   #563 (permalink)

Im a huge pens fan and I just laugh as you guys go back and forth, as much as I wanted the pens to win they were simply outplayed and it was an exciting series to watch. I will never root for the flyers but they were the better team in the series and it showed in the end. Alot of great hockey being played right now and cant wait until the next round.

Opening a new hobby shop soon northwest of Pittsburgh, check us out at luckylarryssportscards.com and Lucky Larry's Sports Cards on facebook!
hanes1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:05 AM   #564 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcampos View Post
Huh???

I think you're wrong...

When your in your 50's 19-21 it's all the same to me, it's a kid!
Old 04-23-2012, 08:06 AM   #565 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcampos View Post
Huh???

I think you're wrong...

When your in your 50's 19-21 it's all the same to me, it's a kid! And a true statement regardless of the age!
Old 04-23-2012, 08:11 AM   #566 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
Also, you get it. Say what you want about Philly fans (they are idiots , criminals, whatever stupid thing you want to say), but I don't think anyone can deny that they are one of the most passionate fan bases in any city.
Well, I have to get it, because I'm one of them!

Born-and-raised a Philly fan, as my dad grew up across the Whitman in South Jersey. Been a rabid Phillies, Flyers, and Eagles fan since 1977. LOVED the Sixers just as much until they canned Cunningham way back in the day. Never really got over that.

My brother and mom were both born in Pittsburgh, so our family was split, and my borther is the rabid Pens fan. Definitely glad I went the other route, although it's caused me much more misery over the years in so many aspects.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:47 AM   #567 (permalink)

Huh.

Looks like Crosby simply takes the lead from his coach:

Whatever the reason, Pittsburgh coach Dan Bylsma, a stand-up guy, showed little class when he started his post-game news conference this way: "I want to congratulate the Flyers organization on the series win, but I really can’t wish them good luck, though.”
Old 04-23-2012, 09:02 AM   #568 (permalink)

No...If Boston wins and Ottawa wins they play each other....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Not if the Sens win tomorrow. Then if the panthers win it's Sens/Cats. That'd be a good one!

Congrats to the Flyers and all of their fans. And to those out there supporting the Penguins, well, HA
Old 04-23-2012, 09:40 AM   #569 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
No...If Boston wins and Ottawa wins they play each other....
And let's hope for that, as before these playoffs started it was thought a Bos./Ott series would be a cakewalk for the B's! Let's go Bruins get the job done Wed. and let's see if Ott can finish that series!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:47 AM   #570 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to deboesports

philly still sucks! GOD BLESS
Old 04-23-2012, 09:57 AM   #571 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

Philly sucks!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 01:03 PM   #572 (permalink)

I'm somewhat sad that this thread will most likely die. I think it has become the largest and most viewed thread on this sub-forum so Philly fans definitely deserve a gold medal for that!

If nothing else, I think fans of both teams are extremely passionate. It is easy to resort to saying that all Pittsburgh fans are band-wagoners and all Philly fans are inconsiderate jerks. Blanket accusations of a fan base don't benefit anyone. In the end, one of the two teams was going to have their season ended. No argument from this Penguins fan that the better team won. Bylsma has some work to do this offseason as the Flyers dominated the Pens in both the regular season and the playoffs.

Completed the 1971 Topps set!
Currently working on the 1969 and 1970 sets
mthokie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #573 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthokie83 View Post
I'm somewhat sad that this thread will most likely die. I think it has become the largest and most viewed thread on this sub-forum so Philly fans definitely deserve a gold medal for that!

If nothing else, I think fans of both teams are extremely passionate. It is easy to resort to saying that all Pittsburgh fans are band-wagoners and all Philly fans are inconsiderate jerks. Blanket accusations of a fan base don't benefit anyone. In the end, one of the two teams was going to have their season ended. No argument from this Penguins fan that the better team won. Bylsma has some work to do this offseason as the Flyers dominated the Pens in both the regular season and the playoffs.
Pens fan here, and I will say congrats to Philly. Quite simply, this thread does prove that no matter which team you support, there are thugs amongst the fans. Sore losers, sore winners.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:04 PM   #574 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
Pens fan here, and I will say congrats to Philly. Quite simply, this thread does prove that no matter which team you support, there are thugs amongst the fans. Sore losers, sore winners.
I don't really understand why this thread is still going, (I say this as I'm contributing) but the Series is over, Philly was the stronger team and Pit. needs to work on there organization. To continue to bash each other's fan base is just getting old!
If you are a Pit. Fan and can't acknowledge that you were out played than you have a problem, if you are a Philly Fan start ramping up for your next opponent, Pit. and there Fans are no longer a concern for you, and remember it takes 4 Series to acheive the ultimate Win, and you still have a way to go (12 Win's), and it get's more intense the farther you go
Old 04-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #575 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyKMB View Post
Whatever the reason, Pittsburgh coach Dan Bylsma, a stand-up guy, showed little class when he started his post-game news conference this way: "I want to congratulate the Flyers organization on the series win, but I really canít wish them good luck, though.Ē
What exactly was wrong with that? Its a rivalry. I'm sure he isn't rooting for Washington or Ottawa either.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote