Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #51 (permalink)

evidently the Pens PK isn't as effective with Orpik in the box instead of killing the penalty!
Old 04-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #52 (permalink)

No matter what some people say, there were bad calls against both sides. Flyers played better for the majority of the game and deserved to win in the end.
rhcardinals3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:50 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avjp87 View Post
The Flyers power play is one of the best in the league, how is the Pens penalty kill?

And I'm not trying to be a smartass, I'm seriously asking.
#3 in the league

were #1 briefly before last month of season
bigbensbff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #54 (permalink)

Ok now that I have recovered and "sobered up"....some random "brain droppings" from re-watching the game:

1. Yes Briere’s 1st goal was off sides…was a blown call. So was the Pens 3rd goal; should have been blown dead for icing. The Pens have nobody to blame for the loss but themselves.

2. The first 2 penalties against the flyers were embellished by the Pens. The 3rd one…WOW. That is just straight up why everyone hates Crosby. That was TERRIBLY embellished. That aspect of his game is just disgraceful. Tried it again later in a little “skirmish” with Nick Grosmannn

3. MA-Fleury is really just a spectacular goalie. He made some huge robberies and was all around very, very solid. I have the utmost respect for him.

1st period Bryzgalov :1st half of the year Ilya. 2nd period through OT : 2nd half of the year Ilya…He really rebounded strongly.

5. It is SO incredibly ludicrous that the Pens fans boo Jagr. The guy is one of the greatest players in your team’s history. Your team jerked him around when he wanted to come back; the Flyers gave him a definite commitment….get over it.

6. Danny Briere and Brayden Schenn both clearly had a target on their backs the entire game. They got extra attention from the Pens physical play. Which brings me to….

a. Danny B is such a clutch player in the playoffs. Even if he is worthless in the regular season, he brings it when it matters. Gotta respect that.

b. Brayden Schenn is gonna be a helluva great player down the line…hell he is playing like one right now. He is playing with supreme confidence and took being targeted in stride (not to mention he knocked a few Pens who ran at him, on their asses)

Just some random thoughts upon re-watching the game from the comfort of my TV. I had a lot more thoughts, but I’ll spare you the details. Can’t wait for Fri night
WilsonValdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:44 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Note to Flyers:

The game started at 7:30, not 8:30.

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manmadeofsteel View Post
That's incorrect because the game ended at 7:30
Where did all the Pens fans go?
Old 04-12-2012, 09:47 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
It's funny, when I logged on today, I expected to see a bunch of Pens fans bitching about the officiating. When they realized they couldn't, they stopped posting.
lambeauleap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Where they were between 2000 and 2004.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:03 AM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
They all vanished when the 2nd period started....
rhcardinals3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:11 AM   #59 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

That's one of the things that annoy me as a fan. If you're such a die hard fan of your team, always defending them and such. But when they lose or don't play well, they vanish. And I'm talking about for every sport.

If you're a diehard fan, you stick with your team through the crap years too, not just the good ones.

Perfect example, the Washington Capitals. Next time you guys watch a game and they're playing at home, look in the crowd and try and find a jersey from the late 90's and early 2000's, hell, mid 2000's. You won't find one. They didn't start caring until Ovechkin came around.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
That's one of the things that annoy me as a fan. If you're such a die hard fan of your team, always defending them and such. But when they lose or don't play well, they vanish. And I'm talking about for every sport.

If you're a diehard fan, you stick with your team through the crap years too, not just the good ones.

Perfect example, the Washington Capitals. Next time you guys watch a game and they're playing at home, look in the crowd and try and find a jersey from the late 90's and early 2000's, hell, mid 2000's. You won't find one. They didn't start caring until Ovechkin came around.
Still a few pirates fans alive from the last winning season 20 years ago.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #61 (permalink)

Exactly. It's so frustrating. And all Pens fans think we are all jealous of their team.

NEWSFLASH: Your team was hours away from not existing anymore because they blew and received no fan support just a few short years ago.

Quote:

Old 04-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #62 (permalink)

Helllooooo...Pens fans! Big game tonight. Anybody wanna come out of hiding? Solt, you're always a big talker...where you at, buddy?
Old 04-13-2012, 03:38 PM   #63 (permalink)

The whole point for this thread was to trash talk and discuss the series. So that usually means fans of both teams would be talking. Flyers fans are here, but no Penguins fans. Just talk about the games, don't have to hide and not discuss it cause they lost game 1. It's a 7 game series, anything can happen.

I wished the Flyers were playing a team with a fanbase that cares no matter what their teams are doing. It least then, you can talk hockey.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:42 PM   #64 (permalink)

Can't wait for B's/Flygirls Round 3!!! (This time it's PERSONAL!)

Quote:
The whole point for this thread was to trash talk and discuss the series. So that usually means fans of both teams would be talking. Flyers fans are here, but no Penguins fans. Just talk about the games, don't have to hide and not discuss it cause they lost game 1. It's a 7 game series, anything can happen.

I wished the Flyers were playing a team with a fanbase that cares no matter what their teams are doing. It least then, you can talk hockey.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #65 (permalink)

I'll admit to purposefully avoiding this thread yesterday on account of the Pens collapse in the 2nd/3rd and OT periods. I figured why pour salt on an open wound. I don't think that makes me any less of a fan (or any more of a fan if I had posted on the forum since Wednesday), just needed a day away to forget about the final 43 minutes of that crap fest.

I wouldn't begrudge a Philly fan had the tables been turned and the Flyers collapsed and no one showed up the next day. Knowing Philly fans however, you guys take abuse better than just about anyone except a Vietnam POW survivor. Must come from living in or near the butthole of America

Still looking forward to a great series and hope the Pens can escape their home territory with one victory before the series shifts back to Philly. Otherwise I think the series may as well be over.

Completed the 1971 Topps set!
Currently working on the 1969 and 1970 sets
mthokie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthokie83 View Post
I'll admit to purposefully avoiding this thread yesterday on account of the Pens collapse in the 2nd/3rd and OT periods. I figured why pour salt on an open wound. I don't think that makes me any less of a fan (or any more of a fan if I had posted on the forum since Wednesday), just needed a day away to forget about the final 43 minutes of that crap fest.

I wouldn't begrudge a Philly fan had the tables been turned and the Flyers collapsed and no one showed up the next day. Knowing Philly fans however, you guys take abuse better than just about anyone except a Vietnam POW survivor. Must come from living in or near the butthole of America

Still looking forward to a great series and hope the Pens can escape their home territory with one victory before the series shifts back to Philly. Otherwise I think the series may as well be over.
But the one of the best things about sports and talking sports, is talking #@#@#@#@ to the other teams fan base. And obviously, it's all in good fun in here but serious at the same time.

But solt annoys the hell out of everyone lol
Old 04-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:

Yeah man that Liberty Bell is a pretty big butt hole, so is Independence Hall.

What does Pittsburgh have? NOTHING.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:

Yay!!! A Pens fan posted in the thread!

If the Pens win tonight, you have earned the right to come and brag/gloat. Congrats!
Old 04-13-2012, 05:51 PM   #69 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

I'm around. Nothing needs to be said at this point until game time. Will be sitting on my bed at the Four Season in Houston rooting on the Pens.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:03 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
I'm around. Nothing needs to be said at this point until game time. Will be sitting on my bed at the Four Season in Houston rooting on the Pens.
At this point, you are completely right. Was just posting to get the Pens fans who have been gloating forever to make an appearance back in the thread (ie. Solty). You are a pretty neutral guy, so you can have a pass.

But you better be prepared to hit up the mini-bar in your Four Seasons luxury suite (or just watch the 1st period).
Old 04-13-2012, 06:10 PM   #71 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Quote:
At this point, you are completely right. Was just posting to get the Pens fans who have been gloating forever to make an appearance back in the thread (ie. Solty). You are a pretty neutral guy, so you can have a pass.

But you better be prepared to hit up the mini-bar in your Four Seasons luxury suite (or just watch the 1st period).
Going to Ninfas (awesome Mexican restaurant here) and getting a bucket of beer brought up to the room. Going to be a good night regardless of how the game turns out
Old 04-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
Going to Ninfas (awesome Mexican restaurant here) and getting a bucket of beer brought up to the room. Going to be a good night regardless of how the game turns out
Touche...but I still suggest you switch off the game after the 1st period, so you keep up the good mood. Perhaps Cinemax has some good viewing on, instead.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:41 PM   #73 (permalink)

hahahaha wow, what a sport
Old 04-13-2012, 07:46 PM   #74 (permalink)

hmmmmm that sucks LOL, flyers got em right where they want em lol
sportsstuff87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:55 PM   #75 (permalink)

Pitt is going to need to score, score, score, score....and score, score and score and score, score, score and score some more because they know for a fact that they can't hold any lead over Philly.

That's a scary thing in the play-offs....