Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 12:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Will Vancouver Riot....again???

Hey everyone, after watching yesterday's game against the Canucks and Kings, I'm wondering if Vancouver will riot (AGAIN) if they lose in the first round???

I mean, it could very much happen, I heard (and then researched) that the #8 seed had defeated the #1 seed in the NHL playoffs various times:

1994 — San Jose (8) won 4-3 over Detroit (1)
1995 — N.Y. Rangers (8) won 4-2 over Quebec (1)
1998 — Ottawa (8) won 4-2 over New Jersey (1)
1999 — Pittsburgh (8) won 4-3 over New Jersey (1)
2000 — San Jose (8) won 4-3 over St. Louis (1)
2002 — Montreal (8) won 4-2 over Boston (1)
2006 — Edmonton (8) won 4-2 over Detroit (1)
2009 — Anaheim (8) won 4-2 over San Jose (1)
2010 — Montreal (8) won 4-3 over Washington (1)

BTW...I'm not making this thread to mock or do anything negative towards the City of Vancouver or the fans of the Canucks.

I know full well how much it hurts to see your favorite team come so close to winning a championship only to fall short (2011 Miami Heat).

Although, I believe that rioting is very absurd and not the way to handle things.
alexcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'm sure the city of Vancouver will try to be a little more prepared (and ask the NHL to pay for police at all their playoff games), but I don't see good things ahead for them this playoff season;
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isn’t that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16

Shop Smart, Shop Rink-Mart
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

As you are a self-admitted bandwagon hockey fan...what makes you think this was a good idea to post?

IT'S BEEN ONE DAY OF PLAYOFF HOCKEY!!!! Hockey playoff series' change shift to shift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcampos View Post
Hey everyone, after watching yesterday's game against the Canucks and Kings, I'm wondering if Vancouver will riot (AGAIN) if they lose in the first round???

I mean, it could very much happen, I heard (and then researched) that the #8 seed had defeated the #1 seed in the NHL playoffs various times:

1994 — San Jose (8) won 4-3 over Detroit (1)
1995 — N.Y. Rangers (8) won 4-2 over Quebec (1)
1998 — Ottawa (8) won 4-2 over New Jersey (1)
1999 — Pittsburgh (8) won 4-3 over New Jersey (1)
2000 — San Jose (8) won 4-3 over St. Louis (1)
2002 — Montreal (8) won 4-2 over Boston (1)
2006 — Edmonton (8) won 4-2 over Detroit (1)
2009 — Anaheim (8) won 4-2 over San Jose (1)
2010 — Montreal (8) won 4-3 over Washington (1)

BTW...I'm not making this thread to mock or do anything negative towards the City of Vancouver or the fans of the Canucks.

I know full well how much it hurts to see your favorite team come so close to winning a championship only to fall short (2011 Miami Heat).

Although, I believe that rioting is very absurd and not the way to handle things.
BostonNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
As you are a self-admitted bandwagon hockey fan...what makes you think this was a good idea to post?

IT'S BEEN ONE DAY OF PLAYOFF HOCKEY!!!! Hockey playoff series' change shift to shift.
I'm not sure why I would be DISQUALIFIED to ask a question...

Sport Forums are all about speculation and discussion, I have done nothing wrong.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

If I lived in Vancouver,I would be stocking up on marshmellows

The Canucks had their shot last year.
Kent Clements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

But leave it to the play on the ice...

The riots were unfortunate and embarrassing and pretty much had nothing to do with hockey fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcampos View Post
I'm not sure why I would be DISQUALIFIED to ask a question...

Sport Forums are all about speculation and discussion, I have done nothing wrong.
BostonNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

They would have to make it to the Stanley Cup Finals again for their to be a riot. The two riots in Vancouver both happened after Finals Game 7 losses. In 94 to the Rangers and last year to the Bruins.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

Man people take some things too far, being a Vancouver resident I resent most of the Riot talk. I was 3 in '94 and last year I was at game 7, after the game I just hit the sky train and headed home. A lot of the people involved in the riot werent even people from our Province. I heard of people coming over from other provinces and people who came up from the States for the sole purpose of rioting.

I know they're not showing games outdoors anymore, and closing liquor stores down earlier.
AaronGodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

By this same logic Pittsburgh is done as well becaus they lost a close game. Oh, so are the Wings.

It's one day in, one game in and you're calling them finished! C'mon man!

This isn't a fluke playoff team like YOUR Florida Panthers. This is the best team in the West, a team that came 60 minutes away from winning the Stanley Cup. Give them a little more credit bro.

The thing about your list of upsets is that none of the 1 seeds have just come off of playing in a Cup Final. Vancouver has. I say they move on easy.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronGodgers View Post
Man people take some things too far, being a Vancouver resident I resent most of the Riot talk. I was 3 in '94 and last year I was at game 7, after the game I just hit the sky train and headed home. A lot of the people involved in the riot werent even people from our Province. I heard of people coming over from other provinces and people who came up from the States for the sole purpose of rioting.

I know they're not showing games outdoors anymore, and closing liquor stores down earlier.
WOW, it sucks when a bunch of idiots ruin the reputation of a city and team just because they want to act like animals.

I always knew that not everyone that was involved with the riots were Hockey or Canucks fans, but still, I believe a good portion were and that's not the way to act when your team loses a championship.....or wins a championship (L.A Lakers).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
By this same logic Pittsburgh is done as well becaus they lost a close game. Oh, so are the Wings.

It's one day in, one game in and you're calling them finished! C'mon man!

This isn't a fluke playoff team like YOUR Florida Panthers. This is the best team in the West, a team that came 60 minutes away from winning the Stanley Cup. Give them a little more credit bro.

The thing about your list of upsets is that none of the 1 seeds have just come off of playing in a Cup Final. Vancouver has. I say they move on easy.
Sorry if it seemed like I was picking on Vancouver, it was just an honest question and assumption. (And I don't think I ever said the Canucks were "Finished" after just ONE game).

BTW, I know that the "Cats" are a fluke playoff team.

However, I've watched all kinds of sports ALL MY LIFE, and I know full well that it's better to be LUCKY than good.

Last edited by alexcampos; 04-12-2012 at 09:11 PM.