Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
D'oh! Fantastic game! These aren't Bruce's Caps anymore that's for sure....they are a great defensive team.
What ? Caps aren't some great defensive team, the Bruins just are playing terrible offense and are making things too easy for Holtby who is going to stop mostly everything he sees. Why isn't anyone really going hard to the net like Pouliot did on their only goal ? Bruins are playing like they think they just need to throw the sticks on the ice and they'll win. Their third line has been their most consistent in BOTH games. WTH are Lucic and Krejci ? Where is that snarl that the team played with last year ? Bruins SHOULD beat this team handily but not if they play like they have been.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:45 AM   #27 (permalink)

Yeah...it's that too. No toughness so far. But the Bruins can't beat teams that block a ton of shots like the Rangers and Caps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
What ? Caps aren't some great defensive team, the Bruins just are playing terrible offense and are making things too easy for Holtby who is going to stop mostly everything he sees. Why isn't anyone really going hard to the net like Pouliot did on their only goal ? Bruins are playing like they think they just need to throw the sticks on the ice and they'll win. Their third line has been their most consistent in BOTH games. WTH are Lucic and Krejci ? Where is that snarl that the team played with last year ? Bruins SHOULD beat this team handily but not if they play like they have been.
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Yeah...it's that too. No toughness so far. But the Bruins can't beat teams that block a ton of shots like the Rangers and Caps.
The Bruins need to take this series seriously plain ans simple! They are not playing with the necessary despiration or intensity, and as I think BAM stated noboby especially Lucic is taking the puck to the net. Holtby has given up a number of 'juicy' rebounds of which either the puck was bouncing or clearly missed opportunities.
Washington is playing that #@#@#@#@ing neutral zone trap #@#@#@#@ and Julien needs to work with the defense in practice and work on cycling the puck out of their end, this will free up the wings and give them outside shots like the winning goal from Kelly. The Bruins will win this series if they play their tenacious game, and eventually those rebounds Holtby is giving up will end up in the back of there net!
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:29 PM   #29 (permalink)

1-0 caps after one. I hope the caps can keep up this level of play
efish44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:37 PM   #30 (permalink)

The Bruins act like they don't even want to play...all they do is dump and chase.

I wonder what it would take to wake their ass' up....
Old 04-16-2012, 09:54 PM   #31 (permalink)

Come on refs....LET THEM PLAY.

Back to back terrible calls....
Old 04-16-2012, 11:12 PM   #32 (permalink)

My God....you're gonna call THAT with 3 to go????

These refs blow....
Old 04-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #33 (permalink)

Bruins did a better job of getting activity in front of Holtby, but still seem to be just going through the motions with multiple players taking entire shifts off! If they intend on moving far into this years playoffs, they had better start now!
Even though they are up in this series and it's obvious they can beat this kid 'high' on the glove side, it's amazing they have the lead in the series considering they have been playing with a 70% effort at best, hope these day's off produce the drive they most desperetly need to play a full 60 Min. game.
Also cannot wait to have the right situation for Lucic to inflict a good ole' beat down on Alzner, who now regrets his actions (go figure ) and will not be so tough when he has no linesman holding Lucic back! Paybacks a bitch
Old 04-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Bruins did a better job of getting activity in front of Holtby, but still seem to be just going through the motions with multiple players taking entire shifts off! If they intend on moving far into this years playoffs, they had better start now!
Even though they are up in this series and it's obvious they can beat this kid 'high' on the glove side, it's amazing they have the lead in the series considering they have been playing with a 70% effort at best, hope these day's off produce the drive they most desperetly need to play a full 60 Min. game.
Also cannot wait to have the right situation for Lucic to inflict a good ole' beat down on Alzner, who now regrets his actions (go figure ) and will not be so tough when he has no linesman holding Lucic back! Paybacks a bitch

Lucic is a big puss, hendricks already beat his azz earlier this year. Lucic will not fight this series, he knows he has to stay on the ice for them to win. I see caps taking next 3 in a row. Plus the B's will not have an answer for the trap, going up the sides will not work. They will keep trying dump and chase and try to get shots on goal and gets some rebounds to win. The only way they can win is get rebounds, caps block wayyy to many shots for them to win any other way.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacardi2 View Post
Lucic is a big puss, hendricks already beat his azz earlier this year. Lucic will not fight this series, he knows he has to stay on the ice for them to win. I see caps taking next 3 in a row. Plus the B's will not have an answer for the trap, going up the sides will not work. They will keep trying dump and chase and try to get shots on goal and gets some rebounds to win. The only way they can win is get rebounds, caps block wayyy to many shots for them to win any other way.

Unless I'm missing something, Lucic and Hendricks have never fought. And Hendricks would get lit up if he tried.
xgoodgriefx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:47 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Another senseless post of which I have to remind you about a previous prediction you made QUOTE=ebacardi2 HAHAHHAHA(I know my caps will not prob go far, but this is fun watching the pens getted pistol whipped)
Stick with your original, it's probably the only Quote I can use of yours that will actually hold true
If Lucic is a 'big puss' how about your boy Alzner actually apoligizing to Marchand at the Bruins Team bus after the game, talk about a Pussy HaHaHaHaHa, That's not going to save his Ass from the beat down Lucic will unleash next game!!!!!!!!
I don't remember any rebounds on Kelly, Peverly or Chara Goals, so again let's try another theory, the Bruins are up 2-1 with a Piss-Poor effort, hate to see what happens when they actually get serious and I have a feeling that's coming soon, Don't Poke the Bear, but you know that's too late now!

As much as you feel the Bruins need Lucic, which I agree is far too much of a talented scorer to not want in your lineup, it's a shame your punk ass Swede Backstrom will miss Game 4 for, well let's just say being a #@#@#@#@ing coward! It's to bad Backstrom is letting his team down by getting a stupid match penalty at the end of there Game 3 Loss, nice job

Last edited by TASS; 04-17-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:18 PM   #37 (permalink)

The Bear got poked and still lost thanks to Holtby - no need for Backstrom tonight. Go Caps!
I pull scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:26 PM   #38 (permalink)

Great game, The caps were out played but Holtby had their back. Series gets quite interesting again.
efish44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:26 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by efish44 View Post
Great game, The caps were out played but Holtby had their back. Series gets quite interesting again.
Just extends it another game, Holtby stole one last night congrats! But you got to think at some point his 'good fortune' will reach it's end
Old 04-20-2012, 09:32 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Just extends it another game, Holtby stole one last night congrats! But you got to think at some point his 'good fortune' will reach it's end
Maybe in the 2nd round after they dispose of the Bruins!
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:05 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Maybe in the 2nd round after they dispose of the Bruins!
HaHa, go back on vacation! Worry about your Team and stay with the "How do you fix the Pens" thread, we are just fine here in Beantown, this kid Holtby cannot continue to play like the second coming of Kenneth Dryden
Old 04-20-2012, 12:28 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
I agree but Caps fans said that about Halak 2 years ago.
I pull scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
HaHa, go back on vacation! Worry about your Team and stay with the "How do you fix the Pens" thread, we are just fine here in Beantown, this kid Holtby cannot continue to play like the second coming of Kenneth Dryden
is he really playing that good...or are the bruins shooting right at him...i mean come on ...name one quality save he has made
Trimarchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:15 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimarchi View Post
is he really playing that good...or are the bruins shooting right at him...i mean come on ...name one quality save he has made

watch hockey much?? lmao what a JA. I think holtby made 44 last night and 30 something game before. He has the best save % in the playoffs and many great saves! How can you say the Bruins are just shooting directly at him, that is just an idiotic statement.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:38 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:

Even if for a second you assume the Bruins are shooting right at him, wouldn't that be a worse criticism of the Bruins than of Holtby? Granted they could be "shooting right at him" in order to generate rebound chances, but still, 44 shots and all of them were aimed directly at Holtby's chest? C'mon.

Completed the 1971 Topps set!
Currently working on the 1969 and 1970 sets
mthokie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Listen I have been an avid Bruins Fan since the 69-70 season and have spent many a night in the Ole' Garden, and can't recall all the times I left after a 2-0 defeat to the Canadians in the playoffs and wondered the same thing, and questioned weather Dryden was that good or just plain lucky (I'll say both!) Anything and anyone can step up and carry a Team through the playoffs, and that's just what you are seeing from Holtby, however after watching 90%of the Bruins games the last (2) seasons I'd be remissant if I did not comment on what this Bruins Team is not doing, and that's taking the play to the net, and missing to many 'juicy' rebounds that during the season they buried.
Cap's fans will tell you it's the defense, and where that is somewhat true, the Bruins have been there own worst enemy in this series, and need to get back to there tenacious 'going to the net' game, and that means not just the last few minutes! And when they do this, all things will be right in Beantown! After all they are still the 'Defending Stanley Cup Champions' and know what it takes to get it done GO B's GO!!!!
Old 04-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Listen I have been an avid Bruins Fan since the 69-70 season and have spent many a night in the Ole' Garden, and can't recall all the times I left after a 2-0 defeat to the Canadians in the playoffs and wondered the same thing, and questioned weather Dryden was that good or just plain lucky (I'll say both!) Anything and anyone can step up and carry a Team through the playoffs, and that's just what you are seeing from Holtby, however after watching 90%of the Bruins games the last (2) seasons I'd be remissant if I did not comment on what this Bruins Team is not doing, and that's taking the play to the net, and missing to many 'juicy' rebounds that during the season they buried.
Cap's fans will tell you it's the defense, and where that is somewhat true, the Bruins have been there own worst enemy in this series, and need to get back to there tenacious 'going to the net' game, and that means not just the last few minutes! And when they do this, all things will be right in Beantown! After all they are still the 'Defending Stanley Cup Champions' and know what it takes to get it done GO B's GO!!!!
I still think series is 50/50 either way.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:23 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Absolutly, it's going to come down to who get's that extra save! This will be decided by the Goaltending that's pretty obvious at this point, and what is truly going to be interesting is who ever wins this series could very well be playing a Team in the second round that they might not have expected!
Old 04-20-2012, 08:28 PM   #49 (permalink)

Did the series being tied 2-2 give you that hint?

Quote:
Old 04-21-2012, 06:19 PM   #50 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

holy #@#@#@#@ that save by Holtby was awesome