Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/17/14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2012, 06:00 PM   #51 (permalink)

CAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to finish it on home ice tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacardi2 View Post
CAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to finish it on home ice tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rooting for you guys
Old 04-21-2012, 06:27 PM   #53 (permalink)

Hope the caps can pull it off, big game tomorrow.
efish44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #54 (permalink)

Tough "slashing" call to make in the waning moments of a playoff game but hey...Thomas has to make that save.

Big kudos to Dryden and the Caps but if there is a mentally tough team in the NHL it is the Bruins...
Old 04-21-2012, 08:01 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Tough "slashing" call to make in the waning moments of a playoff game but hey...Thomas has to make that save.

Big kudos to Dryden and the Caps but if there is a mentally tough team in the NHL it is the Bruins...
They had to call the slash, they are going to make the call in the 1st or last minute of the game.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
They had to call the slash, they are going to make the call in the 1st or last minute of the game.
I just returned home from Fenway, and witnessed both the Bruins loss (on TV in our suite, very nice set-up, not the finish we wanted but you need to win 4 so I still feel we will win this series, we like the 7 game format) but what I witnessed from the Red Sox bullpen will go down in my own personal infamy as perhaps the worst defeat I will ever see live!

As far as calling that penalty with under 3 Min. left, in a playoff game you will very rarely see that call, but we will win this series regardless of the calls!! The Bruins in 7, it's just what happens I got over served today so I'm going to bed
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:44 AM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
I just returned home from Fenway, and witnessed both the Bruins loss (on TV in our suite, very nice set-up, not the finish we wanted but you need to win 4 so I still feel we will win this series, we like the 7 game format) but what I witnessed from the Red Sox bullpen will go down in my own personal infamy as perhaps the worst defeat I will ever see live!

As far as calling that penalty with under 3 Min. left, in a playoff game you will very rarely see that call, but we will win this series regardless of the calls!! The Bruins in 7, it's just what happens I got over served today so I'm going to bed
The refs were told pre playoffs to make the same calls they would in the regular season in the playoffs no matter the time left in game etc. I am not sure if they are following this rule since I have not watched every second of every game but that is what they are told to do.

AND.... Game 7 nah Caps will win at home and close it out today. I call shutout 2-0
Old 04-22-2012, 08:53 AM   #58 (permalink)

Please back this up with some substance...

Quote:
The refs were told pre playoffs to make the same calls they would in the regular season in the playoffs no matter the time left in game etc. I am not sure if they are following this rule since I have not watched every second of every game but that is what they are told to do.

AND.... Game 7 nah Caps will win at home and close it out today. I call shutout 2-0
Old 04-22-2012, 09:20 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Please back this up with some substance...

They just said during the game that this is what the refs were told to do.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:23 AM   #60 (permalink)

I'm pretty sure I watched the same feed as you did as the local affiliates could not have the game...and not once did I hear this statement...

Quote:
Old 04-22-2012, 11:25 AM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
That's BS I don't know how long you have followed hockey, but I have never heard where refs were told to change how the Game is called, they NEVER call such a borderline BS slash as the one I just watched on replay regardless of a regualr season game and especially not in the playoffs! Unless it's flagrant they don't #@#@#@#@ with it, it looks worse when you watch it today, pathetic call
But no excuses here, we have been there before and know what needs to be done, I can only hope Bergy is in our lineup today as that would be a HUGH disadvantage to our lineup! GO B's GO!!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 04-22-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:34 AM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:

BNut, was to popped last night to read to far into yesterday's thread but loved your Dryden reference, 'You know what I was talking about' then I look at NHL.com this AM and one of there highlights refers to a Holtby save as Dryden like! This kid has been pretty damn good, and almost stole this series by himself!
Old 04-22-2012, 11:46 AM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
That's BS I don't know how long you have followed hockey, but I have never heard where refs were told to change how the Game is called, they NEVER call such a borderline BS slash as the one I just watched on replay regardless of a regualr season game and especially not in the playoffs! Unless it's flagrant they don't #@#@#@#@ with it, it looks worse when you watch it today, pathetic call
But no excuses here, we have been there before and know what needs to be done, I can only hope Bergy is in our lineup today as that would be a HUGH disadvantage to our lineup! GO B's GO!!!!!
That is not BS, they were told to call penalties like they would in the reg. season. The guys on the post game were talking about it after the game.
oh and been watching and playing for 30 yrs
Old 04-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
That is not BS, they were told to call penalties like they would in the reg. season. The guys on the post game were talking about it after the game.
oh and been watching and playing for 30 yrs
I'm very surprised someone who has watched and played for 30+ years would not agree that a 'borderline' call with under 3 Min. regardless of the type of game (Regular or Postseason) is NOT unusual or at the very least RARE in the game of Hockey, I'm sure if the call were the other way around you would feel it was uncalled for But that's why they play all these games,and all I can say is they have been extremely draining for me, and that's from my #@#@#@#@ing couch
Old 04-22-2012, 01:21 PM   #65 (permalink)

That call was pretty weak in a playoff game with 3 min less, but with that being said the Bruins should of stepped up and that was a weak goal by thomas. I will take it thought caps need to finish it off today. GO CAPS.
efish44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:51 PM   #66 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

I'm really looking forward to watching this game later.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #67 (permalink)

SEGUIN FTW! holtbys been playing nice but it seems like he completely lost every bit of poise he had in overtime, looked panicked and as if the game was going way too fast for him
Old 04-22-2012, 06:34 PM   #68 (permalink)

DAMN....game 7
Old 04-22-2012, 07:21 PM   #69 (permalink)

WOW That third period was insane and Doc Emrick made it even better with the way he got into the action. Best play by play guy in any sport. Since I didn't care who won I was a whole lot more relaxed watching it but I was glued to the big screen.

Seguin with the winner in OT sets up a game 7 in Boston after, I think they said, three off days.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:38 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
WOW That third period was insane and Doc Emrick made it even better with the way he got into the action. Best play by play guy in any sport. Since I didn't care who won I was a whole lot more relaxed watching it but I was glued to the big screen.

Seguin with the winner in OT sets up a game 7 in Boston after, I think they said, three off days.
+1 on the Emrick comment, the man is incredible.... Lets Go B's!!!!

Trying to put together Brandon Lafell's Name have an L, A,F, E help please
Always looking for New England sports teams autos and patches
Jordan Todman supercollector!!!
los421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #71 (permalink)

That Overtime will do the Bruins well, they carried the play throughout, and could have scored 2 Goals prior to Seguins actual Goal! Tim Thomas was disappointed again in giving up that 'soft' tieing Goal, but I would not want another Goalie in my net for a Winner take all Game 7. I have to give Holtby credit but he looked a little rattled in that OT, and I think it will carry over to game 7, he does not have the experience to stem off this Bruins club, and without him this Caps team is done! Nice to see Seguin amd Looch hook up they need to really get it together Wed. night! GO B's GO!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 04-22-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:28 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:

EBacardi you were a little quite today, but I'm sure you saw the game, just wanted to remind you there is a Game Wed, night, thought I would post your previous response to my 7 Game prediction, at least you have been consistant, consistantly WRONG! GO B's GO!!!!!
Old 04-25-2012, 11:01 AM   #73 (permalink)

Game 7 tonight !!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait. Put up or shut time for Ovie and the crew. If they go out in the first round again it's gonna get ugly in Washington I believe. Can't keep changing the supporting cast when the stars might be the problem.

Don't worry TASS, I'll LYK what happened since I'm sure you'll be watching American Idol

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:48 AM   #74 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Game 7 tonight !!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait. Put up or shut time for Ovie and the crew. If they go out in the first round again it's gonna get ugly in Washington I believe. Can't keep changing the supporting cast when the stars might be the problem.

Don't worry TASS, I'll LYK what happened since I'm sure you'll be watching American Idol
Have you been to Washington lately? Already ugly/

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:54 AM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:

Thanks Bam, you can PM me throughout the Game to keep me posted Actually kind of getting used to the whole Game (7) mystique, typically if I medicate around 7:00 I'm OK for most of the Game The way the B's played the Overtime on Sun. is the effort I expect tonight, if indeed they play with some form of despiration they will be alright Enjoy the Game, it's a lot tougher for us guy's that have a horse is in the race! GO B's GO!!!!