Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2012, 09:28 AM   #101 (permalink)

Not calling any Bruins fans out in this particular forum, but this is disgraceful:

Chirpstory - Bruins Fans Calling Joel Ward The N-Word

Completed the 1971 Topps set!
Currently working on the 1969 and 1970 sets
mthokie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #102 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthokie83 View Post
Not calling any Bruins fans out in this particular forum, but this is disgraceful:

ehhh sadly, there are people like that every where. If Ward were on the Bruins and Game 7 was in D.C., it be the same thing, yah know?
Old 04-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avjp87 View Post
ehhh sadly, there are people like that every where. If Ward were on the Bruins and Game 7 was in D.C., it be the same thing, yah know?
Yup, I know completely what you mean. I would expect the same story from just about any fanbase under the same circumstances.

It's still very sad to me in this day and age though.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:54 AM   #104 (permalink)

That was definitely one of the BEST playoff series that I've ever seen. I can't believe there was 4 OT's, and each game was decided by a goal. I also can't believe the Caps went on the road, and won 3 times in Boston......Being a Caps fan, and being counted out, made it all the more sweeter.

Ref's trying to throw the effing game at the end was BULLCRAP

"Would you like to touch my monkey? Touch him! Touch my monkey!"
chipmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:

I hope none of these people ever get the chance to breed.
xgoodgriefx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:11 AM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:

Then why mention it! Had you not posted it would have gone unnoticed as I tend to not even look at that #@#@#@#@, and the majority of those post's are not even from Fans IMO, especially the ones that say #@#@#@#@ Thomas be real, yes it's sad but not a link I would have posted things like this need not to be acknowledged.
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:21 AM   #107 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Then why mention it! Had you not posted it would have gone unnoticed as I tend to not even look at that #@#@#@#@, and the majority of those post's are not even from Fans IMO, especially the ones that say #@#@#@#@ Thomas be real, yes it's sad but not a link I would have posted things like this need not to be acknowledged.
Ehh, I don't think sweeping overt racism under the proverbial rug is the "right" thing to do in this situation. I think the more we can acknowledge this type of behavior and admonish it, the closer we can get to a society that can look beyond a person/players skin color and more at their individual accomplishments.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:23 AM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes, because ignoring bigotry makes it all go away
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:26 AM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
Yup, I know completely what you mean. I would expect the same story from just about any fanbase under the same circumstances.

It's still very sad to me in this day and age though.
yeah I'm with yah, it's sad and it sucks. I see it at work all the time.

I hear it was a GREAT game too, i fell asleep so I'm pissed I missed it lol
Old 04-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Hockey is such a cruel sport and to have a series decided by the bounce of a puck will always make this an 'edge of your seat' sport! My team lost and it's a season of what if's at this point, but I still cannot get that Bergeron 'shank' out of my head
But that's how the puck bounces! Good luck to the remaining teams as you only have 3 Teams remaining that have EVER won Lord Stanley's Cup! Should make for an interesting next month of Hockey

Bam I can now watch American Idol without feeling guilty now! Good luck with your next series.

When Bergeron missed the wide open net I said to myself, there went their best shot and figured the Caps would be getting one soon after. I've seen it (and I'm sure you have as well) happen so many times before. Kind of funny how the hockey gods can sometimes be cruel when you don't capitalize on the opportunity presented to you.

Oh well, thems the breaks but at least you went out as defending champs. I wouldn't be at all sad if this time next year I was talking about my boys going out as defending champs. I just want one more Cup before I die.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:34 AM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
Yes, because ignoring bigotry makes it all go away
This is a damn sports forum, and I think bringing that negative link into it does not belong here, it's not sports worhty nor does it have anything to do with the Bruins/Caps series! Theres plenty of places to discuss your feelings on bigotry and one is not in a Hockey forum, is that to hard for you to comprehend It's not sweeping anything under the carpet, just not appropriate for this forum IMO, has nothing to do with hiding the fact this still exists, use some common sense before you get all righteous!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:39 AM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
When Bergeron missed the wide open net I said to myself, there went their best shot and figured the Caps would be getting one soon after. I've seen it (and I'm sure you have as well) happen so many times before. Kind of funny how the hockey gods can sometimes be cruel when you don't capitalize on the opportunity presented to you.

Oh well, thems the breaks but at least you went out as defending champs. I wouldn't be at all sad if this time next year I was talking about my boys going out as defending champs. I just want one more Cup before I die.
Thanks BAM, I said the same thing when Bergy missed that rebound, and sure than #@#@#@#@, within the next minute 'Game/Series' OVER!!!!
And thanks for posting about the Series, some folks here have started to sweep this Hockey thread 'under the proverbial carpet'
Old 04-26-2012, 10:45 AM   #113 (permalink)

so who will the Caps play the next round? I'm still an idiot and trying to grasp the next playoff system.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:47 AM   #114 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
You can't blame a entire fan base on what a bunch of band wagon fans are saying. Please Tim Thomas is washed up? It was a one goal game each time, its not like Thomas got blown up like Fleury did, those people have no clue as to what they are talking about.
MrNineteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:13 AM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avjp87 View Post
so who will the Caps play the next round? I'm still an idiot and trying to grasp the next playoff system.
The field is reset and seeding takes place so the highest remaining seed will play the lowest remaining seed. Here are the remaining combinations:

If NY and Florida both win: NY vs. Washington and Florida vs. Philly

If NY and NJ both win: NY vs. Washington and Philly vs. NJ

If Ottawa and Florida win: Florida vs. Ottawa and Philly vs. Caps

If Ottawa and NJ win: Philly vs. Ottawa and NJ vs. Caps

I think I have all those right, but if not someone please correct me.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:02 PM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:

I'm kind of shocked. Having lived in Boston, there is absolutely no racism there. Especially not public racism!
Old 04-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #117 (permalink)

Quote:
This is a damn sports forum, and I think bringing that negative link into it does not belong here, it's not sports worhty nor does it have anything to do with the Bruins/Caps series! Theres plenty of places to discuss your feelings on bigotry and one is not in a Hockey forum, is that to hard for you to comprehend It's not sweeping anything under the carpet, just not appropriate for this forum IMO, has nothing to do with hiding the fact this still exists, use some common sense before you get all righteous!

Why question my common sense like I'm an idiot? Did I say something stupid or nonsensical?

Bigotry is a relevant topic in ANY sports. This world is mean and ignoring it doesn't make it go away.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:20 PM   #118 (permalink)

Weird...I was in Philly last weekend and walking down the street all I heard was "Look at those two crackas!!!"

I kept looking around for Uncle Cracker but never found him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
I'm kind of shocked. Having lived in Boston, there is absolutely no racism there. Especially not public racism!
Old 04-26-2012, 12:20 PM   #119 (permalink)

Quote:
Have you noticed bigotry in sports? I have. It's a totally relevant topic in ANY sports. Sorry if this world is hurtful for you but that's reality.
Please go troll another thread, you have made no comments related to the actual game, and the only thing that hurtfull is having to reply to your annoying posts! You don't know me or my beliefs so mind your own #@#@#@#@ing business,is that enough reality for you!
Old 04-26-2012, 12:24 PM   #120 (permalink)

Quote:
Why question my common sense like I'm an idiot? Did I say something stupid or nonsensical?

Bigotry is a relevant topic in ANY sports. This world is mean and ignoring it doesn't make it go away.
Because you came into a thread that had nothing to do with racism and attempted to preach to me, as your doing now, that in my book is an idiot and I will treat you as such! go to the open topic section and preach all you want
Old 04-26-2012, 12:25 PM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Weird...I was in Philly last weekend and walking down the street all I heard was "Look at those two crackas!!!"

I kept looking around for Uncle Cracker but never found him...
You've never been to Philly have you?

But seriously, I am surprised by the # of people involved....at first I just thought it was just one or two twitterers and was just ready to write it off as 1-2 idiots.. You can't just say it was isolated.

Is it relevant to the game? No. But it's definitely a relevant issue.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #122 (permalink)

Been to Philly four times.

And come one man...alcohol + men + devastating sports loss = what we have here. Are you really that surprised???

Quote:

But seriously, I am surprised by the # of people involved....at first I just thought it was just one or two twitterers and was just ready to write it off as 1-2 idiots.. You can't just say it was isolated.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:44 PM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:
Relevant to the actual play on ice? No. Relevant to the game/series itself? Yes

Quote:

I believe that had it been Washington vs. Philly it wouldn't have happened (or would have been less widespread. Like you said, it wasn't one or two people on twitter, it was a ton of nitwits. Look at what Simmonds had to put up with in the preseason. Tass may not like it or want to talk about it, but this is as relevant as ever.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:
Because you came into a thread that had nothing to do with racism and attempted to preach to me, as your doing now, that in my book is an idiot and I will treat you as such! go to the open topic section and preach all you want
Wrong: I didn't start the racism topic here so, it apparently had something to do with racism before you or I opened our mouths.

Wrong: I don't see anyone preaching in this thread beside you.
"Racism doesn't belong in this thread, can I get an AMEN!"

Lashing out at others with insults because you have no other means to carry a discussion or argument is perhaps not the best thing when you're trying to prove a point, one that you are incorrect at no matter how rude you get. Racism is a part of sports and though you might want to hide it that doesn't make it go away.

Wrong: Why should I go to Off Topic to talk about racism in HOCKEY? That belongs in the HOCKEY section.

How many things can you get wrong in a single post?
Old 04-26-2012, 02:53 PM   #125 (permalink)

Listen, it's unfortunate that some people are still ignorant and just stupid for lack of a better term. Most of those people are hiding behind their keyboards and wouldn't dare say that if they had over 10 of their little friends following them. Unfortunate. I have friends that are Boston fans, and it's unfair to call out a single fan base. Personally, I think Philly fans are worse In all seriousness, the Bruins were not close to what they were last year offensively and Thomas lost some of his magic. Just no chance from the beginning to win it this year, they made a good run, but there are teams that are just flat out more dynamic.