Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2012, 03:02 PM   #126 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthokie83 View Post
Relevant to the actual play on ice? No. Relevant to the game/series itself? Yes

I believe that had it been Washington vs. Philly it wouldn't have happened (or would have been less widespread. Like you said, it wasn't one or two people on twitter, it was a ton of nitwits. Look at what Simmonds had to put up with in the preseason. Tass may not like it or want to talk about it, but this is as relevant as ever.
I believe you are 110% wrong. It would have happened in Philly. Shockingly, they, like every place else have racists. They also have an abundance of drunken morons like other places as well. You think the place that boos Santa, pukes on other fans, and beats opposing fans in the parking lot wouldn't use racial slurs??

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #127 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
I believe you are 110% wrong. It would have happened in Philly. Shockingly, they, like every place else have racists. They also have an abundance of drunken morons like other places as well. You think the place that boos Santa, pukes on other fans, and beats opposing fans in the parking lot wouldn't use racial slurs??
And I believe YOU are 110% wrong. While your argument of using every tired (and false) cliche to paint Philly fans as savages is very strong (yeah, right), there is a difference between being an a**hole and being a racist.

Having lived in both cities, I don't think the same thing would've happened in Philly, at least to the same degree (of course there are racists living everywhere, but I can't say I was entirely shocked by the # of people tweeting racist garbage after the game).

And to humor you, even if the same thing would happen in Philly, does that make it any more excusable?
Old 04-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #128 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
Wrong: I didn't start the racism topic here so, it apparently had something to do with racism before you or I opened our mouths.

Wrong: I don't see anyone preaching in this thread beside you.
"Racism doesn't belong in this thread, can I get an AMEN!"

Lashing out at others with insults because you have no other means to carry a discussion or argument is perhaps not the best thing when you're trying to prove a point, one that you are incorrect at no matter how rude you get. Racism is a part of sports and though you might want to hide it that doesn't make it go away.

Wrong: Why should I go to Off Topic to talk about racism in HOCKEY? That belongs in the HOCKEY section.

How many things can you get wrong in a single post?
Not much I can say as you continue to amaze me by assisting me in making my point, for that, I Thank You! The only point you got correct was indeed you did not start the topic, but by simply trolling it, and attempting to make a condensending comment my way I did indeed lash out, sorry you took it as hurtfull, but that's reality.
You see I truly feel sad for you and your negative outlook on society in general, your thoughts on "it's a mean world" tend to make me believe you have alot of negative in your life, don't worry it can only get better
I look at all the positive things that surround me, and as in my original post will continue to refuse to acknowledge the few nitwits that attempt to corrupt it, where in your 'mean world' ,that was my an attempt to make bigotry go away.
You see when you ignore such people they do tend to go away, not to difficult to understand correct, kind of like turning the other cheek I think I will practice what I preach now and just ignore you
Good luck with your racism in Sports campaign, other than commenting on a sports blog, just curious as to what else you plan to do to make sure it does not get swept under the carpet or whatever else you and your buddy were trying so desperately to point out
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:13 PM   #129 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
And I believe YOU are 110% wrong. While your argument of using every tired (and false) cliche to paint Philly fans as savages is very strong (yeah, right), there is a difference between being an a**hole and being a racist.

Having lived in both cities, I don't think the same thing would've happened in Philly, at least to the same degree (of course there are racists living everywhere, but I can't say I was entirely shocked by the # of people tweeting racist garbage after the game).

And to humor you, even if the same thing would happen in Philly, does that make it any more excusable?
You realize I live close to Philly and the things I cited above all actually happened right? And that some fans at Eagles or Phillies or in some cases Flyers games are in fact basically savages right? Philly fans get painted that way because thats the way a whole bunch of them act. I go there all the time. I go to Boston all the time. I go to NYC all the time. I hear awful things, and racist things ALL THE TIME at all 3 places. Do you know how many things I was called at the Jets/Patriots Sunday night game for wearing a Brady jersey? Or how much food/gum/beer/etc was thrown at me? #@#@#@#@ happens everywhere.

And of course it doesnt make it right - it just makes me laugh that people somehow think Boston is this super racist city, while places like Philly/NYC, etc, etc would never behave in such a manner.

There are #@#@#@#@#@#@#@s everywhere dude.

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #130 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthokie83 View Post
Not calling any Bruins fans out in this particular forum, but this is disgraceful:

Chirpstory - Bruins Fans Calling Joel Ward The N-Word
$haun McNasty - Twitter

Everybody is calling this black guy racist because he wrote... "half of y'all didnt even see that n_____ score" I didn't know that word was treated as "racist" when a black man says it.

I guess Rappers are all racist now.
vwnut13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:17 PM   #131 (permalink)

Unfortunately, the NHL isn't as diverse as the other major American Sports leagues.

Racism is INEXCUSABLE no matter what!

It's sad that SOME Boston fans have to take their frustrations and disappointment to this level.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:14 PM   #132 (permalink)

This thread cracks me up.

It just goes to show how sheltered some of you are.

Try something out today...go walk down the street...take a stroll though your park...go outside and get some fresh air and mingle with other people for once.

You will be shocked at what you hear. If you are getting your pretty pink panties in a wad over what some neanderthals said on Twitter then you are in for a world of shock at what "your own" people are saying right in your back yard...