Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14 SM

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 03:32 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
This post is the epitome of stupid. Have you seen the hit? He was looking at the head. His elbow was headed towards the head. His elbow hit the head. Alfredsson is hurt because of the hit to the head. It's a hit Shanahan has done everything to take out of the game. This is a suspension, no doubt. It's not like he was hitting a player with a questionable history either. He hit Daniel Alfredsson.

I take it you are a Ranger fan. Or at least you are cheering for the Rangers in the series.
We'll agree to disagree because this will go nowhere, but I'm curious to see what Shanahan's take on it is whenever they announce if he gets anything or not.
jayjay0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:37 PM   #27 (permalink)

I'll be honest with you, I think it's better for Hagelin if he gets 2-3 games. If he plays tomorrow you can bet your bottom dollar that Neil, Konopka or Carkner will be out to kill him, Callahan, Girardi or Dubinsky. For Hagelin's safety he better be hoping he gets suspended.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:31 PM   #28 (permalink)

Hagelin got three for the hit. Good to see Shanaban doing his job for once these playoffs.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #29 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

Hagelin getting suspended and Phillips getting NOTHING for elbowing Callahan is absolutely #@#@#@#@ing retarded, great job Shanahan, how about you guys do something about the cheap shots McDonagh took AFTER the whistle late in regulation

and what about Carkner, did he get booted for targeting and cheap shotting Boyle early in the game, the only reason he was even in the lineup was to get kicked out

bs i say, absolute bs on this one

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Phil Simms Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #30 (permalink)

Holy ban Batman!

I guess it's safe to say goodbye to Asham and Neal and possibly Adams!

Quote:
Hagelin got three for the hit. Good to see Shanaban doing his job for once these playoffs.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:39 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post
Hagelin getting suspended and Phillips getting NOTHING for elbowing Callahan is absolutely #@#@#@#@ing retarded, great job Shanahan, how about you guys do something about the cheap shots McDonagh took AFTER the whistle late in regulation

and what about Carkner, did he get booted for targeting and cheap shotting Boyle early in the game, the only reason he was even in the lineup was to get kicked out

Shanny is basing his suspensions on the results not the infraction. I'm guessing Alfie is OUT for at least the next game which is why Shanny came down hard. If Alfie came back into the game last night I'm guessing Hagelin only gets a game at most.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:42 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:

Carkner was doing his job protecting his team after Boyle had thrown punches and was hitting Karlsson. Hagelin's hit was senseless and just stupid.

As for the Phillips hit it wasn't nearly as violent. Callahan isn't hurt. Alfredsson could possibly be done for the year. Hell, his CAREER could possibly be over.

And let's not forget Alfredsson is taller than Hagelin. Hagelin threw his elbow up at the head of Alfreddson. Phillips is four inches taller than Callahan. He went in for a regular check. And don't say height has nothing to do with it, because it's much easier to hit someone with the elbow when you're 6'3" than it is when you're 5'10".
Old 04-15-2012, 08:43 PM   #33 (permalink)

BTW - I'm in no way saying I agree with how Shanny is running things. He is basing things on how bad the other guy is hurt and not on the time, place and, while it's sometimes tough to gauge, intent.

Old 04-15-2012, 08:48 PM   #34 (permalink)

all i can say is this, someone on Ottawa will be getting their face punched in come Monday night...

I expect the Brandon Prust, Brian Boyle, Mike Rupp line to make an appearance at the faceoff

serious butt whoopings need to happen

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Phil Simms Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
Old 04-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #35 (permalink)

Carkner did get a game so if the Rangers are going to "Pittsburgh"' it up then game three is the time to do it with only Neil in the line-up.

I don't think Torts wants to get involved in all that though and put his team on the PK. He doesn't want to give the Sens a chance to get ahead early and have to play comeback hockey. As a Rangers fan Murph you realize that they play much better with a lead.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:29 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Carkner was doing his job protecting his team after Boyle had thrown punches and was hitting Karlsson. Hagelin's hit was senseless and just stupid.

As for the Phillips hit it wasn't nearly as violent. Callahan isn't hurt. Alfredsson could possibly be done for the year. Hell, his CAREER could possibly be over.

And let's not forget Alfredsson is taller than Hagelin. Hagelin threw his elbow up at the head of Alfreddson. Phillips is four inches taller than Callahan. He went in for a regular check. And don't say height has nothing to do with it, because it's much easier to hit someone with the elbow when you're 6'3" than it is when you're 5'10".
You can protect your team without jumping a player. You do it man to man, not by dropping your gloves and throwing bomb after bomb while the guy is on the ice. As for the Alfredsson situation, go look at the video and look at where Alfredsson's head is. He is crouched low. Hagelin wouldn't even have reached his head if he was standing upright for the hit. I'm not surprised with the suspensions though because Shanahan has done a terrible job handling situations like these all year.
jayjay0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:21 AM   #37 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to jbellis74

blah............. lol

Last edited by jbellis74; 04-16-2012 at 09:35 AM.
jbellis74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:03 PM   #38 (permalink)

I like Alfredsson, hes a great player and Im sorry hes out but you guys had it coming. You put Carkner and Konopka in the game and asked for it to be played that way. Its your own doing. Were not the Red Wings...If you wanna jump Boyle and lay him out with cheap shots that's fine, its part of the game but know whats coming when you do.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:35 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovius View Post
I like Alfredsson, hes a great player and Im sorry hes out but you guys had it coming. You put Carkner and Konopka in the game and asked for it to be played that way. Its your own doing. Were not the Red Wings...If you wanna jump Boyle and lay him out with cheap shots that's fine, its part of the game but know whats coming when you do.
Really? Its not okay to jump a player who's been attacking your star player? Have you seen film? Boyle lands cheap shots in on Erik Karlsson, someone 9 inches shorter and 65 pounds lighter than him. I'm sorry, that is not cool. You wouldn't put up with Carkner slashing and attacking Gaborik, well the sens weren't okay with this. Carks did the right thing. End of story.

Alfredsson didn't have it coming, that's why Hagelin's suspension was so steep.

You mustn't know Daniel Alfredsson or the Ottawa Senators. Alfredsson has never cheap shotted anyone, he's been a class act his whole career. The Sens didn't initiate the fighting, the Rangers did. Watch film, you'll see what I mean.

I'm sorry if the Sens aren't rolling over and dying like you hoped but that's no reason to justify elbowing someone in the head. Hagelin could very well have ended Alfie's career.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Since when do elbows fly up on 'normal hockey checks?'
They don't, but the Hagelin hit looked accidental. May have been deliberate, but I doubt it.

Funny how Shannahan gives 3 games for that but seems to have missed so much. Ugh.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #41 (permalink)

Best anthem in the league, bar none. Thank you Lyndon Slewidge for another fantastic performance
Old 04-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #42 (permalink)

and thank you King Henrik for another fantastic performance

he showed why he might be the best goalie in the league tonight

Old 04-16-2012, 11:02 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
and thank you King Henrik for another fantastic performance

he showed why he might be the best goalie in the league tonight
It was truly an awesome game by him. I say the Sens won every aspect of that game except the goaltending. Jim obrian had a chance to score, probably should've, but oh well.

Can't wait for game 4! Look for me in the crowd!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #44 (permalink)

Sens have tied the Game late in the 2nd!!!! Go Ottawa

2-2 through 2 periods, Ott. has outplayed NY for most of the 2nd period

Last edited by TASS; 04-18-2012 at 09:17 PM.
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #45 (permalink)

Sens in OT, back to NY all tied up, a hugh win for Ott. without Alfredsson
Old 04-18-2012, 11:29 PM   #46 (permalink)

Wtf is Torts doing putting the 4th line out in the 2nd minute of overtime? Im really starting to question his decisions :/
Old 04-19-2012, 12:00 AM   #47 (permalink)

I guess I'll give my opinion.

I was at the game tonight and I must say that New York Rangers fans are the biggest disgrace I've ever seen. Horrible human beings. I am absolutely disgusted. They were booing through the Canadian anthem, they attempted to chant "#@#@#@#@ you Canada" many times throughout the game, and as god as my witness they were defaming the Canadian flag. Sick human beings. I am truly disgusted.

As for the game it was played very well. I think if Alfie gets back the Sens will win this series. Great game and an amazing atmosphere in Ottawa. Many standing o's throughout the tv timeouts. Refs were pretty brutal, but that can be expected.

Great crowd tonight as I said. It's a shame the rangers fans had to ruin it. I went in cheering for the Rangers but after their disgusting display left rooting for the Sens.

Worst fans in the league. Period.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:49 AM   #48 (permalink)

Ehh....you must not go to many games. I have been to Habs/Bruins games both in Montreal and Boston and Candiens fans are no different then what you described Rangers fans as.

Back in the early 90's as my wife and I were walking to the subway after a game in Montreal we saw a man in a Habs jersey pooping.....yes pooping on the American flag.

All teams have their idiots of fans....

Quote:

I was at the game tonight and I must say that New York Rangers fans are the biggest disgrace I've ever seen. Horrible human beings. I am absolutely disgusted. They were booing through the Canadian anthem, they attempted to chant "#@#@#@#@ you Canada" many times throughout the game, and as god as my witness they were defaming the Canadian flag. Sick human beings. I am truly disgusted.

As for the game it was played very well. I think if Alfie gets back the Sens will win this series. Great game and an amazing atmosphere in Ottawa. Many standing o's throughout the tv timeouts. Refs were pretty brutal, but that can be expected.

Great crowd tonight as I said. It's a shame the rangers fans had to ruin it. I went in cheering for the Rangers but after their disgusting display left rooting for the Sens.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:01 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Ehh....you must not go to many games. I have been to Habs/Bruins games both in Montreal and Boston and Candiens fans are no different then what you described Rangers fans as.

Back in the early 90's as my wife and I were walking to the subway after a game in Montreal we saw a man in a Habs jersey pooping.....yes pooping on the American flag.

All teams have their idiots of fans....

Well said not all rangers fans are de evolutionized apes. Passion and good Canadian beer can make decent people do stupid things. Sorry for your experience but don't lump all of us in.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:02 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:

The are Shitty Fans in every city in the League and I hate to burst your bubble but some of them reside north of the border in Montreal, it was a disgrace when they booed the entire USA National Anthem during the playoffs against Boston (I'm sure you recall), so don't point fingers at the 'Ugly American's' when the same sentiment can be said of your country's fair Fans. I for one did not let there classless act ruin anything for me, as I took there lack of respect for what it was, pure ignorance
Ohh by the way, we here in the States did not reciprocate when your National Anthem was played the following game, because we know better!
And the disgusting act that BosonNut referred to was well publicized here in the States, defaming our proud Flag, so I guess you also posses "sick human beings" you need to accept the fact no matter where your travels take you there will always be a douchbag or two regardless of which country they are from! In case you have not noticed, I as a proud American have now actually defended residents of NY who should not be condemned for the actions of a few, because it's not the people of that specific city I loathe, just there sports Teams!

Last edited by TASS; 04-19-2012 at 10:20 AM.