Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #51 (permalink)
Member
 
BAMBAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 8,418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
The are Shitty Fans in every city in the League
There are ? But the national media says they're only in Philly ? BAWAHAHAHAHAHA
__________________
IF YOU CAN'T TAKE AN HONEST REPLY THEN DON'T ASK.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:15 AM   #52 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
I guess I'll give my opinion.

I was at the game tonight and I must say that New York Rangers fans are the biggest disgrace I've ever seen. Horrible human beings. I am absolutely disgusted. They were booing through the Canadian anthem, they attempted to chant "#@#@#@#@ you Canada" many times throughout the game, and as god as my witness they were defaming the Canadian flag. Sick human beings. I am truly disgusted.

As for the game it was played very well. I think if Alfie gets back the Sens will win this series. Great game and an amazing atmosphere in Ottawa. Many standing o's throughout the tv timeouts. Refs were pretty brutal, but that can be expected.

Great crowd tonight as I said. It's a shame the rangers fans had to ruin it. I went in cheering for the Rangers but after their disgusting display left rooting for the Sens.

Worst fans in the league. Period.
I don't understand. Are you a fan of the Maple Leafs or the Senators? You go to the games and said you were rooting for the Rangers to win (which I doubt) then you say you started rooting for the Senators. Isn't there a big rivalry between the Leafs and the Sens? And calling ALL fans of one specific team "a disgrace" is just laughable.
jayjay0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:53 AM   #53 (permalink)
Member
 
FrankieP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 498
Default

7 straight playoff overtime losses for NYR. Wow.
FrankieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #54 (permalink)
Member
 
GoJays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay0122 View Post
I don't understand. Are you a fan of the Maple Leafs or the Senators? You go to the games and said you were rooting for the Rangers to win (which I doubt) then you say you started rooting for the Senators. Isn't there a big rivalry between the Leafs and the Sens? And calling ALL fans of one specific team "a disgrace" is just laughable.
I'm a big leafs fan but being that I live in Ottawa I tend to have a soft spot for them come playoff time. I cheer for all Canadian teams in the playoffs, though.

To answer Bostonnut's comment I go to about 10-12 games a season (including a couple hostile leaf and Hab games). I dont have as big a problem with fans in montreal being that way. My problem is that they came into Canada just to hurl insults at us Canadians? I've never seen fans this disrespectful at a Sens game.

I don't mind people wearing flags or US merchandise, or even starting to chant "USA". My problem comes when they start defaming us and our flag.
__________________
I will leave my signature the same until the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. In short, I will never change my signature.
GoJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #55 (permalink)
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 12,839
Default

You don't have a problem with your people defecating on Old Glory?!?!?

You're no better then the Rangers fans you described....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
I'm a big leafs fan but being that I live in Ottawa I tend to have a soft spot for them come playoff time. I cheer for all Canadian teams in the playoffs, though.

To answer Bostonnut's comment I go to about 10-12 games a season (including a couple hostile leaf and Hab games). I dont have as big a problem with fans in montreal being that way. My problem is that they came into Canada just to hurl insults at us Canadians? I've never seen fans this disrespectful at a Sens game.

I don't mind people wearing flags or US merchandise, or even starting to chant "USA". My problem comes when they start defaming us and our flag.
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #56 (permalink)
Member
 
GoJays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
You don't have a problem with your people defecating on Old Glory?!?!?

You're no better then the Rangers fans you described....
No no no, you read my comment wrong. I don't have AS BIG a problem with people IN MONTREAL doing that. I still have a massive problem with it. There's a reason all of Canada hates Quebec and the French. It's because of stuff like this.

I have a bigger problem with Americans coming down to Canada just to insult us, especially in a city like Ottawa that'd never pull crap like this.
__________________
I will leave my signature the same until the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. In short, I will never change my signature.
GoJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #57 (permalink)
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 12,839
Default

You're right. Those New Yorkers spent thousands of dollars to go UP to Canada for the sole reason of insulting Canadians....

Come on man....be rational.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
No no no, you read my comment wrong. I don't have AS BIG a problem with people IN MONTREAL doing that. I still have a massive problem with it. There's a reason all of Canada hates Quebec and the French. It's because of stuff like this.

I have a bigger problem with Americans coming down to Canada just to insult us, especially in a city like Ottawa that'd never pull crap like this.
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:28 PM   #58 (permalink)
Member
 
TASS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: RI
Posts: 4,929
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
No no no, you read my comment wrong. I don't have AS BIG a problem with people IN MONTREAL doing that. I still have a massive problem with it. There's a reason all of Canada hates Quebec and the French. It's because of stuff like this.

I have a bigger problem with Americans coming down to Canada just to insult us, especially in a city like Ottawa that'd never pull crap like this.
I've read a few of your post's in these hockey forums and have had some disagreements with you over USA Hockey and the increased involvement of Americans in Pro-Hockey in general, and quite frankly I think you have issues with us folks here in the great USA.

You have never had a problem "calling out" the actions of what I believe you feel to be the "Ugly Americans" syndrome, but rarely seem to see it from the other side. Furthermore for whatever reason you also feel because you are Canadian you have some form of entitlement to the Game of Hockey of which we here in America should never encroach.

And we Americans 'go up' to Canada not 'come down" as previously stated to just insult you, and I'm not so sure the people of Ottawa never pull crap like what you saw, again just another Pro-Canadian comment by you, and I'm pretty sure when the #@#@#@#@ hit the fan in Vancouver you were probably referring to that city as not part of your Canada
I actually forwarded some of your post's/comments to a few of my friends, North of the Border to get there spin on things, and there response was what fueled my rant of a post, as they agreed there appears to be some bitterness on your behalf towards Americans in general IMO!

Also I don't think ALL OF CANADA hates QUEBEC and the FRENCH, I would think most of Canada would NOT want you to be their spokesman that I can assure you! Would are other Canadian board members like to chime in on the last highlighted comment, please feel free as I would like to know.

Last edited by TASS; 04-19-2012 at 03:41 PM.
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #59 (permalink)
Member
 
GoJays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
You're right. Those New Yorkers spent thousands of dollars to go UP to Canada for the sole reason of insulting Canadians....

Come on man....be rational.
Up, you're right . And it wouldn't cost thousands to come to Ottawa. I know it's a 2 hour drive from Watertown and only a four hour drive from Syracuse. And tickets in the cheap seats (where the majority of them sat) were only $40-70 a pop.

Listen, I understand that some of them were there for the same reason as I was: to watch playoff hockey.

But I also believe some of them had other priorities on their trip.

I'm sorry if I said something in my first post that offended anybody. I had just returned from the game and was at the height of my anger. I still think the acts by those fans were unacceptable.
__________________
I will leave my signature the same until the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. In short, I will never change my signature.
GoJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:48 PM   #60 (permalink)
Member
 
GoJays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
I've read a few of your post's in these hockey forums and have had some disagreements with you over USA Hockey and the increased involvement of Americans in Pro-Hockey in general, and quite frankly I think you have issues with us folks here in the great USA.

You have never had a problem "calling out" the actions of what I believe you feel to be the "Ugly Americans" syndrome, but rarely seem to see it from the other side. Furthermore for whatever reason you also feel because you are Canadian you have some form of entitlement to the Game of Hockey of which we here in America should never encroach.

And we Americans 'go up' to Canada not 'come down" as previously stated to just insult you, and I'm not so sure the people of Ottawa never pull crap like what you saw, again just another Pro-Canadian comment by you, and I'm pretty sure when the #@#@#@#@ hit the fan in Vancouver you were probably referring to that city as not part of your Canada
I actually forwarded some of your post's/comments to a few of my friends, North of the Border to get there spin on things, and there response was what fueled my rant of a post, as they agreed there appears to be some bitterness on your behalf towards Americans in general IMO!

Also I don't think ALL OF CANADA hates QUEBEC and the FRENCH, I would think most of Canada would NOT want you to be their spokesman that I can assure you! Would are other Canadian board members like to chime in on the last highlighted comment, please feel free as I would like to know.
I'll say this: almost all of Quebec hates the English and a good amount of the english hate the French. I was raised that way, as many people born before 1980 were.

As for Ottawa: I can honestly say that this type of stuff never happens in Ottawa. I can't speak for the rest of Canada. I know Montreal has gone many steps further, as has Vancouver, and I know if Quebec City got a team back they would'nt stay off the naughty list.

Am I pro-Canadian: yes. Am I anti-American: absolutely not. I can tell you that last night I was quite upset with some American fans though.
__________________
I will leave my signature the same until the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. In short, I will never change my signature.
GoJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:38 PM   #61 (permalink)
Member
 
SethMurphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cambridge Springs/Erie, PA
Posts: 10,032
Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy
Default

How the hell are the rangers the best team I the east this disay has been sorry and pathetic, absolutely terrible
__________________
http://s898.photobucket.com/albums/ac186/Seth_Murphy/

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #62 (permalink)
Member
 
frozenntimesports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: York, PA
Posts: 10,435
Default

The Rangers are in deep trouble now. Senators put them away next game.
__________________
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #63 (permalink)
Member
 
Oilers1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 503
Default

Never would have thought......
Oilers1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:35 PM   #64 (permalink)
Member
 
GoJays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,768
Default

[/IMG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers1980 View Post
Never would have thought......

__________________
I will leave my signature the same until the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. In short, I will never change my signature.
GoJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:37 AM   #65 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post
How the hell are the rangers the best team I the east this disay has been sorry and pathetic, absolutely terrible
Agreed. What's also terrible is the way Shanahan does his job. Apparently Neil isn't going to have a hearing for his hit on Boyle. This idiot gives 3 games to Hagelin and Neil will most likely get nothing. One of the most dirty players in the league leaves his feet while Boyle doesn't have the puck and hits him in the head, but he doesn't have a hearing?? It's sickening.
jayjay0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:43 AM   #66 (permalink)
Member
 
SethMurphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cambridge Springs/Erie, PA
Posts: 10,032
Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy
Default

Neil doesn't even at hockey out there he is just trying to start fights left and right. After every whistle he is jabbing and jawing, he's just a disgrace to his teammates.

That said, shanahan does suck at his job and after seeing hagelin get three and Torres get 25, Neil needs to be booted for giving Boyle a concussion
__________________
http://s898.photobucket.com/albums/ac186/Seth_Murphy/

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:22 AM   #67 (permalink)
Member
 
GoJays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post
Neil doesn't even at hockey out there he is just trying to start fights left and right. After every whistle he is jabbing and jawing, he's just a disgrace to his teammates.

That said, shanahan does suck at his job and after seeing hagelin get three and Torres get 25, Neil needs to be booted for giving Boyle a concussion
Oh my god I am sick of people insulting Neil when they know absolutely nothing about him at all.

You want to explain why Ottawa has played him for 11 seasons, and kept him in the organization for 14? You want to explain why he plays 13+ minutes every night? You want to explain why in his 11 seasons the Sens have made the playoffs 9 times, including 2 conference finals and one Stanley Cup?

Oh, here's the kicker. If he's such a disgrace to the team and to the game do explain why HE'S NEVER BEEN SUSPENDED. He's been fined once... In 2003. That's right, the biggest disgrace in the east has never been suspended in 11 years.

Just because he had a nice, clean hit on your precious Boyle doesn't mean you need to rant on Neil. It's not a late hit, Neil isn't a repeat offender, hell, he's barely an offender.
__________________
I will leave my signature the same until the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. In short, I will never change my signature.
GoJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:36 AM   #68 (permalink)
Member
 
GoJays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay0122 View Post
Agreed. What's also terrible is the way Shanahan does his job. Apparently Neil isn't going to have a hearing for his hit on Boyle. This idiot gives 3 games to Hagelin and Neil will most likely get nothing. One of the most dirty players in the league leaves his feet while Boyle doesn't have the puck and hits him in the head, but he doesn't have a hearing?? It's sickening.
Do tell. How is Neil the most dirty player in the game? What has he done in his career...scratch that, you havent watched him his whole career. You've seen him play 5 games. This isn't a dirty player, he's a physical player.

Ive said it in other posts and I'll say it here. If he's so dirty why has he NEVER BEEN SUSPENDED AND ONLY FINED ONCE?. You'd think such a dirty, horrific disgrace to the game would've been suspended at least once before.

You're basing your opinion on tortorella, who also has not done his research.

And please explain how this is a late hit? The NHL constitutes a late hit as a hit that comes 0.5 seconds after the puck has left the stick. Neil's hit was 0.2 seconds after Boyle let go of the puck.

I'm sorry your precious Boyle got hurt, but thats no reason to suspend Neil.
__________________
I will leave my signature the same until the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. In short, I will never change my signature.

Last edited by GoJays; 04-22-2012 at 11:38 AM.
GoJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:37 AM   #69 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: saint louis
Posts: 85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Oh my god I am sick of people insulting Neil when they know absolutely nothing about him at all.

You want to explain why Ottawa has played him for 11 seasons, and kept him in the organization for 14? You want to explain why he plays 13+ minutes every night? You want to explain why in his 11 seasons the Sens have made the playoffs 9 times, including 2 conference finals and one Stanley Cup?

Oh, here's the kicker. If he's such a disgrace to the team and to the game do explain why HE'S NEVER BEEN SUSPENDED. He's been fined once... In 2003. That's right, the biggest disgrace in the east has never been suspended in 11 years.

Just because he had a nice, clean hit on your precious Boyle doesn't mean you need to rant on Neil. It's not a late hit, Neil isn't a repeat offender, hell, he's barely an offender.

SERIOUSLY. The hit was clean. No doubt Chris Neil plays on the edge but he is getting painted in the same light as Torres which is ludicrous.
xgoodgriefx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:57 AM   #70 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Do tell. How is Neil the most dirty player in the game? What has he done in his career...scratch that, you havent watched him his whole career. You've seen him play 5 games. This isn't a dirty player, he's a physical player.

Ive said it in other posts and I'll say it here. If he's so dirty why has he NEVER BEEN SUSPENDED AND ONLY FINED ONCE?. You'd think such a dirty, horrific disgrace to the game would've been suspended at least once before.

You're basing your opinion on tortorella, who also has not done his research.

And please explain how this is a late hit? The NHL constitutes a late hit as a hit that comes 0.5 seconds after the puck has left the stick. Neil's hit was 0.2 seconds after Boyle let go of the puck.

I'm sorry your precious Boyle got hurt, but thats no reason to suspend Neil.
I don't need to watch him his whole career to know the guy is a dirty player. The NHL has been a joke about handing out suspensions forever, so just because he hasn't been suspended mean absolutely nothing to me. I don't care about what the NHL looks at because they're a complete joke and it starts with Bettman. And it doesn't matter that it was Boyle. It could have been any player in the league and I would feel the exact same way about the Neil hit. You're the biggest Canadian homer I have ever come across in my life. You say you root for the Leafs, then the Sens, then all Canadian teams. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.
jayjay0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:35 PM   #71 (permalink)
Member
 
TASS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: RI
Posts: 4,929
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Oh my god I am sick of people insulting Neil when they know absolutely nothing about him at all.

You want to explain why Ottawa has played him for 11 seasons, and kept him in the organization for 14? You want to explain why he plays 13+ minutes every night? You want to explain why in his 11 seasons the Sens have made the playoffs 9 times, including 2 conference finals and one Stanley Cup?

Oh, here's the kicker. If he's such a disgrace to the team and to the game do explain why HE'S NEVER BEEN SUSPENDED. He's been fined once... In 2003. That's right, the biggest disgrace in the east has never been suspended in 11 years.

Just because he had a nice, clean hit on your precious Boyle doesn't mean you need to rant on Neil. It's not a late hit, Neil isn't a repeat offender, hell, he's barely an offender.
I would love to explain why Ottawa has played him for 11 seasons, and kept him in the organization for 14, I think if you look at Chris Neils career stats it becomes pretty obvious all one needs to do is make note of the amount of penalty minutes this exemplary player has accumulated in his clean/physical career Last time I looked I have NEVER seen such a Clean player spend the amount of time Saint Neil (as you would like us to believe) has in the penalty box!

I will let his career numbers answer the reason why Ottawa has kept there precious Saint Neil in there lineup

Chris Neil

GP: 731, Goals: 90, Assists: 110, Points: 200..... PIM: 1,861

Any other questions as to why Chris Neil has played 11 seasons for Ottawa, by my career calculations it looks like Mr. Neil has spent the majority of his time on the worng bench! I'm sorry but his stats speak for themselves, he is consistantly in the top 10 yearly for PIM (4th this season) a truly Clean player if I have ever seen one!, "Hell he's barely an offender" Further proof the League Suspensions are dolled out very inconsistantly!

Last edited by TASS; 04-22-2012 at 12:42 PM.
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:35 PM   #72 (permalink)
Member
 
GoJays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay0122 View Post
I don't need to watch him his whole career to know the guy is a dirty player. The NHL has been a joke about handing out suspensions forever, so just because he hasn't been suspended mean absolutely nothing to me. I don't care about what the NHL looks at because they're a complete joke and it starts with Bettman. And it doesn't matter that it was Boyle. It could have been any player in the league and I would feel the exact same way about the Neil hit. You're the biggest Canadian homer I have ever come across in my life. You say you root for the Leafs, then the Sens, then all Canadian teams. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.
No, but you shouldnt base your entire opinion of a guy on 5 games of his 7-800.

You seem to be a very big NY homer. Do I call you on it? No. It seems around here it's perfectly okay to bash Canada. But once I show any signs of supporting Canada I'm called on it.

So what if I cheer for Canadian teams. A Canadian team hasn't won a cup in 19 years. I can't hope they win one?

So what if I switch to rooting for the Sens come playoff time. I haven't seen my team in a playoff game for 8 years and I live in Ottawa. I can't show support for a local team if my team is out?

I really don't get your rant.
__________________
I will leave my signature the same until the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. In short, I will never change my signature.
GoJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #73 (permalink)
Member
 
GoJays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,768
Default

[QUOTE=TASS;2565068]I would love to explain why Ottawa has played him for 11 seasons, and kept him in the organization for 14, I think if you look at Chris Neils career stats it becomes pretty obvious all one needs to do is make note of the amount of penalty minutes this exemplary player has accumulated in his clean/physical career Last time I looked I have NEVER seen such a Clean player spend the amount of time Saint Neil (as you would like us to believe) has in the penalty box!

I will let his career numbers answer the reason why Ottawa has kept there precious Saint Neil in there lineup

Chris Neil

GP: 731, Goals: 90, Assists: 110, Points: 200..... PIM: 1,861

Any other questions as to why Chris Neil has played 11 seasons for Ottawa, by my career calculations it looks like Mr. Neil has spent the majority of his time on the worng bench! I'm sorry but his stats speak for themselves, he is consistantly in the top 10 yearly for PIM (4th this season) a truly Clean player if I have ever seen one!, "Hell he's barely an offender" [/QUOTE\]

You have a point sir. My problem is people billing him as just like Torres, which I think we can agree is complete bs. No doubt he's a physical player, but so are a lot of players. But people are making it out like he goes around throwing elbows at people's heads every single game.

No, he is not a "clean" player. But he isn't 2012's Chris Simon.
__________________
I will leave my signature the same until the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. In short, I will never change my signature.
GoJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:00 PM   #74 (permalink)
Member
 
TASS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: RI
Posts: 4,929
Default

[QUOTE=GoJays;2565090]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
I would love to explain why Ottawa has played him for 11 seasons, and kept him in the organization for 14, I think if you look at Chris Neils career stats it becomes pretty obvious all one needs to do is make note of the amount of penalty minutes this exemplary player has accumulated in his clean/physical career Last time I looked I have NEVER seen such a Clean player spend the amount of time Saint Neil (as you would like us to believe) has in the penalty box!

I will let his career numbers answer the reason why Ottawa has kept there precious Saint Neil in there lineup

Chris Neil

GP: 731, Goals: 90, Assists: 110, Points: 200..... PIM: 1,861

Any other questions as to why Chris Neil has played 11 seasons for Ottawa, by my career calculations it looks like Mr. Neil has spent the majority of his time on the worng bench! I'm sorry but his stats speak for themselves, he is consistantly in the top 10 yearly for PIM (4th this season) a truly Clean player if I have ever seen one!, "Hell he's barely an offender" [/QUOTE\]

You have a point sir. My problem is people billing him as just like Torres, which I think we can agree is complete bs. No doubt he's a physical player, but so are a lot of players. But people are making it out like he goes around throwing elbows at people's heads every single game.

No, he is not a "clean" player. But he isn't 2012's Chris Simon.
Look the bottom line WE as hockey fans have to agree each and every Team we root for has 1 or 2 players that every other Team's Fan base loathes, but what we have seen in this year's playoffs has been down right disturbing for the Great Game of Hockey!

And no I will never compare Neil to Simon He's just one of those guy's that if he's not on your Team, well you get the picture
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:15 PM   #75 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
No, but you shouldnt base your entire opinion of a guy on 5 games of his 7-800.

You seem to be a very big NY homer. Do I call you on it? No. It seems around here it's perfectly okay to bash Canada. But once I show any signs of supporting Canada I'm called on it.

So what if I cheer for Canadian teams. A Canadian team hasn't won a cup in 19 years. I can't hope they win one?

So what if I switch to rooting for the Sens come playoff time. I haven't seen my team in a playoff game for 8 years and I live in Ottawa. I can't show support for a local team if my team is out?

I really don't get your rant.
Who has bashed Canada on here? I have no hatred towards any Canadian team and I'm not a NY homer at all. I call everything like it is in my own opinion. I think Anderson was really good last night and if the Rangers keep playing the way they are, they don't deserve to advance. Was the Callahan play last night goaltender intererence? Yeah it was. Was Neil's hit on Boyle cheap? Yeah it was, but the refs of course miss it. Now if the Rangers get eliminated and the Devils advance will I root for the Devils to win? Hell no because they aren't my team. I don't hate them, but I sure won't root for them. By what I bolded in your statement you are saying you have 2 favorite teams which are rivals.
jayjay0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.