Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2012, 05:08 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay0122 View Post
Who has bashed Canada on here? I have no hatred towards any Canadian team and I'm not a NY homer at all. I call everything like it is in my own opinion. I think Anderson was really good last night and if the Rangers keep playing the way they are, they don't deserve to advance. Was the Callahan play last night goaltender intererence? Yeah it was. Was Neil's hit on Boyle cheap? Yeah it was, but the refs of course miss it. Now if the Rangers get eliminated and the Devils advance will I root for the Devils to win? Hell no because they aren't my team. I don't hate them, but I sure won't root for them. By what I bolded in your statement you are saying you have 2 favorite teams which are rivals.
What you bolded proved nothing. My team is the Leafs, who haven't played in a playoff game in 8+ years. Having lived in Ottawa my entire life (including many years when this was Leaf territory) I'd like to see the sens do well. It'd be good for the city, good for our local economy, and good for the progression of the game here as the city gets more diverse and the popularity of hockey begins to fade away. Am I a Sens fan: no. Am I a fan of what the playoffs do for the city: absolutely.

I don't like the Sens very much at all, but I like the city of Ottawa a lot. I like seeing a usually quiet town unite over a hockey team. It was nice to see in 2007 and it's nice to see again.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:52 PM   #77 (permalink)

Looks like Alfie's coming back tonight! Wish I could've bought tickets to the game. Oh well. Now I get the riveting commentary of the great Bob Cole
Old 04-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #78 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

if anyone is watching this game right now

Chris Neil is total DBAG and I don't care what you say, he is just trying to start fights out and there and is playing his usual dirty game again

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #79 (permalink)

The Rangers dont deserve it imo.

They just look bad, Im over it already.

Fedotenko and Mitchell on a powerplay is NOT going to get you to the cup.

Id rather have them lose now then in a conference semi so I can move on with my life.

Very frustrating. But my teams are terrible so Im used to this.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:49 PM   #80 (permalink)

Two terrible calls. What the hell was Kuba supposed to do to avoid Lundqvist? Next time they should just run him full bore if its going to cost 2 minutes.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:50 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post
if anyone is watching this game right now

Chris Neil is total DBAG and I don't care what you say, he is just trying to start fights out and there and is playing his usual dirty game again
Old 04-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #82 (permalink)

Pretty rough officiating tonight. Hopefully the refs will step up their game for game 7. Should be a good one, as long as those damned refs get it right
Old 04-23-2012, 10:03 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Pretty rough officiating tonight. Hopefully the refs will step up their game for game 7. Should be a good one, as long as those damned refs get it right
Allowing Neil to basically run Lundqvist through the net and then kick the puck in, yes the officiating was terrible and glad it did not effect the outcome of the game more than it did, the Rangers should be able to Win game 7 at home, and this is coming from a guy who dosen't even like the Rangers!

Last edited by TASS; 04-23-2012 at 10:06 PM.
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:06 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Allowing Neil to basically run Lundqvist through the net and then kick the puck in, yes the officiating was terrible and glad it did not effect the outcome of the game more than it did, the Rangers should be able to Win game 7 at home,
Have you seen the replay? Neil didn't kick the puck in. It didn't touch his skate. It appeared to go off of Lundqvist's stick.

I'm not so sure NY has it easy in game 7. Let's not forget Ottawa has won 2 of 3 at the Garden. I'd give the edge to NY but I wouldn't be shocked it the Sens pulled it off.

BTW anyone see Alfie in the third? That has to be the angriest I've ever seen him! Man he was pissed
Old 04-23-2012, 10:30 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Have you seen the replay? Neil didn't kick the puck in. It didn't touch his skate. It appeared to go off of Lundqvist's stick.

I'm not so sure NY has it easy in game 7. Let's not forget Ottawa has won 2 of 3 at the Garden. I'd give the edge to NY but I wouldn't be shocked it the Sens pulled it off.

BTW anyone see Alfie in the third? That has to be the angriest I've ever seen him! Man he was pissed
God youre annoying, pls go away.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:33 PM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovius View Post
God youre annoying, pls go away.
Because I'm the only guy around here who openly defends and supports Canadian teams? Because I refuse to ride the Penguins/Blackhawks bandwagon? Because I'm Canadian? Do tell.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:38 PM   #87 (permalink)

yeah the refs were just a little off in this game haha as for the last goal imo opinion and yes im a ranger fan but if you watch the reply closely the puck is clearly going to stay in the middle of the crease until something hits it and with that kicking motion it looked pretty clear that was why it moved regardless of that it should have been goalie interference to begin with so
Season Stats: 17 Catches for 144 Yards and 1 TD also 1 Rush for 37 Yards
cinnakaok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:43 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnakaok View Post
yeah the refs were just a little off in this game haha as for the last goal imo opinion and yes im a ranger fan but if you watch the reply closely the puck is clearly going to stay in the middle of the crease until something hits it and with that kicking motion it looked pretty clear that was why it moved regardless of that it should have been goalie interference to begin with so
The fact it was called a goal didn't help the Rangers case. Was there a distinct kicking motion: yes. Did the puck pick up speed: yes. But there wasn't enough evidence to prove it was due to neil's skate that the puck went in.

It also isn't 100% clear that Neil's skate actually touched the puck, and 100% evidence is required to overturn a call.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:10 PM   #89 (permalink)

Missed in the discussion here is the way that Neil poleaxed Lundqvist and was pushing him off to the side of the net as he kicked at the puck - whether or not he hit it is immaterial - the refs should have waved it off for blatant goalie interference - have never seen Lundqvist so mad, but he had every reason to be!
"You have to break by the case" Zammos1, 3:16
hairysasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:45 AM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Because I'm the only guy around here who openly defends and supports Canadian teams? Because I refuse to ride the Penguins/Blackhawks bandwagon? Because I'm Canadian? Do tell.
Refuse to ride the Penguins/Blackhawks bandwagon? What in the world are you talking about? You really have to stop using this Canadian excuse. You annoy people because you aren't rational about anything when it comes to Canadian teams. Oh, and here's Neil's comments after the game on Del Zotto. "I take my lumps and give lumps but may catch (him) with his head down at one point."
Still think he's not a cheap and dirty player? Of course you don't.
jayjay0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:51 AM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay0122 View Post
Refuse to ride the Penguins/Blackhawks bandwagon? What in the world are you talking about? You really have to stop using this Canadian excuse. You annoy people because you aren't rational about anything when it comes to Canadian teams. Oh, and here's Neil's comments after the game on Del Zotto. "I take my lumps and give lumps but may catch (him) with his head down at one point."
Still think he's not a cheap and dirty player? Of course you don't.
I don't think he's a dirty player, but I have a huge problem with him saying crap like this. If he's going to hit him fine, go right ahead. But dont go around telling the media you're going to. This isn't Slap Shot. You don't go around telling the media you're going to crush a guy.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:11 AM   #92 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

if Shanahan wants to make a difference in his job, he should just sit Neil down for making comments like that about going after a player's head. This is the stuff that makes me absolutely hate the guy. We all know you are going to give Del Zotto a shot, it's part of the game, he got you now you go get him, but do it legally and do it without calling your shot on his head, be a man about it.

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:50 PM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairysasquatch View Post
Missed in the discussion here is the way that Neil poleaxed Lundqvist and was pushing him off to the side of the net as he kicked at the puck - whether or not he hit it is immaterial - the refs should have waved it off for blatant goalie interference - have never seen Lundqvist so mad, but he had every reason to be!
This was my point, It should not even come to a discussion of weather or not the skate actually touched the puck, but it was pretty obvious he was 'planted' in the crease and direct interference with the Goalie! The comments by Neil are just further proof of the type of player he is, and it's not a hard, clean player as some have referred to him as.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:02 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
This was my point, It should not even come to a discussion of weather or not the skate actually touched the puck, but it was pretty obvious he was 'planted' in the crease and direct interference with the Goalie! The comments by Neil are just further proof of the type of player he is, and it's not a hard, clean player as some have referred to him as.
I still support Neil and his style of play, but I must admit that was goaltender interference. Tough call to make, especially with so much going on around the net, but it should've been called.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:09 PM   #95 (permalink)

For those who need a good laugh:

NHL Playoffs: Enough Is Enough with the Terrible Officiating | Bleacher Report
Old 04-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #96 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to jbellis74

Quote:
not sure where the punch line is here...

The officiating has been terrible as a whole for the series..

Hanks quote was dead on

Quote:
"I think it's an absolute joke, you know? I'm gonna freeze the puck; he pushes me out of the net and kicks the puck in the net. And I just told the other guys, it scares me that they can call it a goal. Someone wanted them back in the game for sure and it upset me. But, we played a really good game and we deserve this one."
Old 04-25-2012, 10:24 AM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
This article that you have asked us to read, for the most part fortifies what all of US have been saying in reference to Neil and his lack of 'character' as well as the obvious Goalie interference and kicking in of the late Goal for Ottawa.
This article is clearly the opposite of what you have been trying to argue or defend so I guess we don't quite get the humor , furthermore even though it's the 'Bleacher Report' it's pretty much on the money in reference to all accounts
Old 04-25-2012, 11:56 AM   #98 (permalink)

Yups, I ain't laughing either. Must be a weird sense of humor north of the border...

Although Neil didn't kick the puck in, there was so much wrong with that play...

And the officiating. The NBA might take some lessons from the NHL on how to make horrible calls and miss obvious ones.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:00 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
This article that you have asked us to read, for the most part fortifies what all of US have been saying in reference to Neil and his lack of 'character' as well as the obvious Goalie interference and kicking in of the late Goal for Ottawa.
This article is clearly the opposite of what you have been trying to argue or defend so I guess we don't quite get the humor , furthermore even though it's the 'Bleacher Report' it's pretty much on the money in reference to all accounts
Not that part of the article.

The part I found so funny was when he implied there's a conspiracy and the NHL wants the sens to win. Because apparently the NHL wants to lose out on money by putting the Sens through.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:29 PM   #100 (permalink)

I'm sorry but anyone who thinks Neil isn't a dirty player just doesn't understand hockey....
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote