Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Sens vs Rangers

Interesting game so far. Only 1-0 NY but it really seems like the Rangers are overall outworking the Sens. Nice to see Anderson has been able to play the puck with his stick, I guess the injury has healed well.

Neil really needs to pick it up. Every time he's on the ice it seems he's doing nothing at all. The Sens are a third period team though, so hopefully they'll be able to pick it up. Sens are looking good with the puck though. 9 shots so far. It's been a fun game so far!
Old 04-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to jbellis74

3-0 now
Old 04-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

Memo to Pittsburgh, watch tonight's game if you want to learn how not to blow home ice advantage and a 3-0 lead in Game 1.

PS Pittsburgh, you SUCK

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Jason Pierre-Paul, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post
Memo to Pittsburgh, watch tonight's game if you want to learn how not to blow home ice advantage and a 3-0 lead in Game 1.

PS Pittsburgh, you SUCK
Sens put up two, had it only been 3-0 I think they could've made a run for it.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

Sens picked up a win tonight even without their captain! Now they come back home. Look for me in the crowd at game 4 . I'll be the one guy there in a Leaf jersey
Old 04-14-2012, 10:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

One of the announcers said the two teams showed great character through out the game.

I have no idea what game he was watching.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:05 AM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to jbellis74

Terrible game last night... didnt help that Del Zotto kicked in a goal for Ottawa either
Old 04-15-2012, 10:01 AM   #8 (permalink)

Old time hockey last night in the Garden. Real battle out there. Rangers are still the better team IMO as both of the Sens regulation goals were on broken plays that went their way.

Brian Boyle proves once again what a big pussy he is when it comes time to take one someone who can throw 'em. If you're going to take shots at smaller non-fighters like he has done forever then you have to drop the gloves when the big boys come calling. At least drop the gloves and pull the guy down quick like he did with Neil later on. Dubi's little temper tantrum was funny as well after he got tossed for third man in. As if he would have done something to Carkner in a fight. Can't wait until Monday. Hope Carkner doesn't get a game off since he challenged Boyle first but since Shanny is making rulings based on names these days, I have a feeling he will.

Surprised nobody said anything about the two pucks on the ice. That was bizarre as I've never seen that in all my years of watching hockey. Wonder if the one of the pucks when both bounced in back of the net had bounced out in front and got tapped in how they'd of ruled that ? I guess they would review it and follow the actual live puck but it would have been great since the other puck was iced and some players were chasing that one. Torts would have had a heart attack, especially if they called it a goal.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:15 AM   #9 (permalink)

It made my night when Dubinsky was tossed
Old 04-15-2012, 11:11 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Old time hockey last night in the Garden. Real battle out there. Rangers are still the better team IMO as both of the Sens regulation goals were on broken plays that went their way.

Brian Boyle proves once again what a big pussy he is when it comes time to take one someone who can throw 'em. If you're going to take shots at smaller non-fighters like he has done forever then you have to drop the gloves when the big boys come calling. At least drop the gloves and pull the guy down quick like he did with Neil later on. Dubi's little temper tantrum was funny as well after he got tossed for third man in. As if he would have done something to Carkner in a fight. Can't wait until Monday. Hope Carkner doesn't get a game off since he challenged Boyle first but since Shanny is making rulings based on names these days, I have a feeling he will.

Surprised nobody said anything about the two pucks on the ice. That was bizarre as I've never seen that in all my years of watching hockey. Wonder if the one of the pucks when both bounced in back of the net had bounced out in front and got tapped in how they'd of ruled that ? I guess they would review it and follow the actual live puck but it would have been great since the other puck was iced and some players were chasing that one. Torts would have had a heart attack, especially if they called it a goal.

Amen to that!
xgoodgriefx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:36 PM   #11 (permalink)

Still it's not excusable to punch a guy in the face without gloves on like Carkner did without the other guy dropping the gloves too; he'll be gone a few games and deservedly so. Dubinsky getting tossed was a complete joke, I understand he was the "third-man" in but no one in there right mind would allow some goon to just beat the piss out of a teammate not defending themselves like Carkner was on Boyle. I'm not biased towards any of these teams, just my opinion as a neutral observer.
Tyler0477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler0477 View Post
Still it's not excusable to punch a guy in the face without gloves on like Carkner did without the other guy dropping the gloves too; he'll be gone a few games and deservedly so. Dubinsky getting tossed was a complete joke, I understand he was the "third-man" in but no one in there right mind would allow some goon to just beat the piss out of a teammate not defending themselves like Carkner was on Boyle. I'm not biased towards any of these teams, just my opinion as a neutral observer.
I know what you're saying, but all Carkner was doing was protecting Karlsson. Boyle (and the whole Rangers team for that matter) had been taking a run at Karlsson the entire game. Carkner was doing his job, and in a game like last nights, I don't see why that should be a problem. I don't think you can call Carkner a goon either. Past those 38 fights he had with Colton Orr he really hasn't been a fighter so far this season. Hes been an integral part of the Sens season.

If this were to happen in pittsburgh with Crosby the NHL wouldn't even consider a suspension. Hell, if anything they'd consider suspending whoever was hitting Crosby
Old 04-15-2012, 12:50 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler0477 View Post
Maybe Boyle should have defended himself then ? Boyle had no problem bullying Karlsson and punching him in the head a few times in game one when he didn't want to fight so were his gloves cemented on last night ? I'm not a fan of either team but I hate guys like Boyle who pick their spots. He got what he deserved IMO.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #14 (permalink)

Sure I understand that too, but that happens to every star player. Finishing checks and pushing them around is what everyone does and it's worked on Karlsson has worked thus far since he only has one goal.

I'm not saying Boyle didn't deserved to be roughed up a bit but there's a big difference between him punching Karlsson with GLOVES on and what Carkner did.

It's a problem cause it's cheap at least fight him when he agrees to it and if not then keep finishing your checks on the guy until he does.
Tyler0477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #15 (permalink)

What happened to Alfreddson? Cheap shot or something?

He's always been one of the most respected players in the league and a great captain
Old 04-15-2012, 02:35 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
I know what you're saying, but all Carkner was doing was protecting Karlsson. Boyle (and the whole Rangers team for that matter) had been taking a run at Karlsson the entire game. Carkner was doing his job, and in a game like last nights, I don't see why that should be a problem. I don't think you can call Carkner a goon either. Past those 38 fights he had with Colton Orr he really hasn't been a fighter so far this season. Hes been an integral part of the Sens season.

If this were to happen in pittsburgh with Crosby the NHL wouldn't even consider a suspension. Hell, if anything they'd consider suspending whoever was hitting Crosby
Really? He has played in 29 games this year wth 3 points. The guy is a terrible hockey player. This is also the same guy who flicked his own blood on the Rangers bench last season, so yeah, I would consider him a goon.
jayjay0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:48 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avjp87 View Post
What happened to Alfreddson? Cheap shot or something?

He's always been one of the most respected players in the league and a great captain
Hagelin threw an elbow to his head. Wouldn't have had too big a problem if it was Foligno or Turris that got elbowed. They've both done some really questionable things. But Alfreddsson? Aside from us Leaf fans how could anyone have a problem with him? I'm hoping Hagelin is gone for the rest of the series, he deserves to.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:51 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay0122 View Post
Really? He has played in 29 games this year wth 3 points. The guy is a terrible hockey player. This is also the same guy who flicked his own blood on the Rangers bench last season, so yeah, I would consider him a goon.
You're looking solely at stats. Having watched him play about 15-20 times this season I can tell you he has really become more of a third-fourth pair shutdown defenseman. He isn't the goon you think he is. Although last nights actions were "goon"-ish that's probably the only time this season he's done something like that. His style of play has changed.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Hagelin threw an elbow to his head. Wouldn't have had too big a problem if it was Foligno or Turris that got elbowed. They've both done some really questionable things. But Alfreddsson? Aside from us Leaf fans how could anyone have a problem with him? I'm hoping Hagelin is gone for the rest of the series, he deserves to.
If I were on Ottawa, I'd have a bulls eyes on Hagelin if he's not suspended. I just saw the hit on youtube.

I've never heard anything negative about Alfreddsson.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:13 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
If I were on Ottawa, I'd have a bulls eyes on Hagelin if he's not suspended. I just saw the hit on youtube.

If you ever ask a Leaf fan about Alfreddsson you'll hear some pretty negative words . There's a reason he's booed every time he touches the puck in TO!
Old 04-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
If you ever ask a Leaf fan about Alfreddsson you'll hear some pretty negative words . There's a reason he's booed every time he touches the puck in TO!
Is it just because it's Toronto?
Old 04-15-2012, 03:19 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:

It was a normal hockey check. Alfredsson is hunched over and Hagelin at 5'10" checks him without leaving his feet. Both guys are Swedes, so I'm pretty sure Hagelin wasn't intending to hurt him. It's all being blown out of proportion because it was their captain and he left the game. The most he should have gotten was 2 min for elbowing. I've seen so many worse elbows to the head that deserved 5 min and got 2 min. This was a 2 min elbowing penalty, that's it.
jayjay0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:20 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Is it just because it's Toronto?
No, there's a pretty long story to it. As the years have progressed the boos have just gotten stupider. I used to do it at Sens/Leafs in Ottawa games but I gave up.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:20 PM   #24 (permalink)

Since when do elbows fly up on 'normal hockey checks?'

Quote:
It was a normal hockey check. Alfredsson is hunched over and Hagelin at 5'10" checks him without leaving his feet. Both guys are Swedes, so I'm pretty sure Hagelin wasn't intending to hurt him. It's all being blown out of proportion because it was their captain and he left the game. The most he should have gotten was 2 min for elbowing. I've seen so many worse elbows to the head that deserved 5 min and got 2 min. This was a 2 min elbowing penalty, that's it.
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:24 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
This post is the epitome of stupid. Have you seen the hit? He was looking at the head. His elbow was headed towards the head. His elbow hit the head. Alfredsson is hurt because of the hit to the head. It's a hit Shanahan has done everything to take out of the game. This is a suspension, no doubt. It's not like he was hitting a player with a questionable history either. He hit Daniel Alfredsson.

I take it you are a Ranger fan. Or at least you are cheering for the Rangers in the series.