Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Fixing the Pens....

Yes, I am well aware that this trade(s) won't happen (and don't start on no-trade clause, salary cap technicalities), but let's play devil's advocate. Throw some trade ideas out there that would help out the Pens at the same time as make them more respected in the league;

I'll start;

To CBJs:
Crosby
Neal
Cooke
Pens #1 draft pick

To Pens:
Nash
CBJ's #1 pick (#2 overall...Pens work some mojo with Oilers to draft Nail to play with Malkin)

See how this works Timmy? Scum of the earth get transported to western conference (but hey CBJs host AS game next year Sid) and imagine a top line of Nash, Malkin, Yakupov for the Pens. It's a team I could watch.

Your turn....
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isn’t that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16

Shop Smart, Shop Rink-Mart
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Old 04-16-2012, 01:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

You actually have a much better chance to see Malkin traded before Neal or crosby. Crosby will never skate for any other team but the pens. Neal just inked a big contract and is loved in Pittsburgh. I can see Malkin some day playing elsewhere, but that is very unlikely. I just can't see the pens ever letting go of fleury, staal, Malkin, Crosby and Neal
dusty1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Jordan Staal to CBJ for #2 pick
Kris Letang & Penugins pick for #3 pick

With #2 take Ryan Murphy
With #3 take Grigorienko
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

Boy, you guys live in some kind of dream world. Paul Martin will get moved in the off season to a cap floor team with a lot of UFA's like the Avalanche or the Islanders. They might even move Michalek to the Senators to play with his brother.

They will look to bring back Hal Gill as well as he is a UFA. Honestly, the only defenseman I can honestly see back next year are Orpik and Letang. Engelland will probably be back because he doesn't cost a lot and he's tough. They will have to make a spot for Joe Morrow as well. I think Niskanen, Martin, Michalek and Lovejoy will all be traded.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

Let's not forget the cap when talking trades. Moving two huge contracts for one is tough to do.

I said when the Pens added all the muscle before last year that they made a mistake. Then before this year they lost two team/character guys in Rupp and Talbot while keeping lesser guys around. It certainly has shown in this series. They had Malkin, Crosby, Dupuis and Staal on the ice at the same time when behind with only one D man. Shows what Danny thinks of the rest of the talent.

They really need to move a center (Staal ?) to get some depth on the back end or more skill on the wings. Crosby ? He's Lemieux's golden child so he ain't going anywhere and even if they shopped him, I don't know if Crosby is even trade-able with his big contract and concussion issues. Would you take up major cap space with a guy who hasn't played a full season in a few years ? Sure he'd sell tickets and make your team better when healthy but one big hit and your team is screwed for a long time if you trade your superstar and high picks for him. Malkin ? Unless Lemieux doesn't like him, no way any GM would trade the league MVP even if he has been shut down by a 19 year old kid so far.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

The thread is called "Fixing the Pens" not "What Will the Pens do in the Off-Season?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Boy, you guys live in some kind of dream world. Paul Martin will get moved in the off season to a cap floor team with a lot of UFA's like the Avalanche or the Islanders. They might even move Michalek to the Senators to play with his brother.

They will look to bring back Hal Gill as well as he is a UFA. Honestly, the only defenseman I can honestly see back next year are Orpik and Letang. Engelland will probably be back because he doesn't cost a lot and he's tough. They will have to make a spot for Joe Morrow as well. I think Niskanen, Martin, Michalek and Lovejoy will all be traded.
BostonNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

Is this thread really necessary, after all the Pens are favored to Win the Cup. What could there possibly be to fix
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
The thread is called "Fixing the Pens" not "What Will the Pens do in the Off-Season?"
Here's an idea, if the Pens just played hockey they might win a game. Personally, I hope they keep running around and playing stupid hockey so the Flyers can embarrass them some more.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Sooo sorry. How about this then:

How to fix the Pens:

1) Replace Bylsma with a more disciplinary coach.
2) Replace Paul Martin with Bryan Allen.
3) Insert Joe Morrow into the starting lineup for Niskanen.
4) Don't resign Asham because he hurts more than he helps.
5) Bring in a solid, gritty checker for the 4th line.
6) Focus on playing hockey instead of playing stupid.

Better?
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:46 PM   #11 (permalink)

Perfect! A+!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Sooo sorry. How about this then:

How to fix the Pens:

1) Replace Bylsma with a more disciplinary coach.
2) Replace Paul Martin with Bryan Allen.
3) Insert Joe Morrow into the starting lineup for Niskanen.
4) Don't resign Asham because he hurts more than he helps.
5) Bring in a solid, gritty checker for the 4th line.
6) Focus on playing hockey instead of playing stupid.

Better?
BostonNut is online now   Reply With Quote