Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 05:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default A new low?

Panini America is irking me pretty heavily right now. I have posted on here several times about how I have a year old redemption for a Steven Stamkos Scratching the Surface autograph from 2010 Crown Royale. Great card right? Wrong. It's being neglected? AS AM I.

So I redeem this baby. Super excited to pull it. Some time goes by, I just figure Stammers isn't signing or he's taking forever. But wait? Dominion rolls around, Limited, new products for 2012 and what do I see? ON CARD auto's. Sticker auto's. STEVEN STAMKOS AUTOGRAPHS. So what gives?

I called a week ago and (finally) got through to a very nice woman who claimed that the workers were out to lunch. That's fine I said, and she offered to have them call me when they returned. OK! I say, that'd be great. But what do I get? No call. Nothing. I try to call back 2 days later, and they are "upgrading their customer service" department or some garbage.

So I call again today, get the same woman I got last time, and she says the computers are down.......

She claims they have been down today, are being worked on, and are unable to see if the "card is in the database". I want to say a number of things to this woman, but I refrain and say nothing. I say, "OK?" and she says, "I can have someone call you back, we have your number here, when the computer gets fixed...."

SURE! That'd be great, I'd love to speak with someone and find out how there are cards from this year signed in person by Stamkos but my card from last year can't get sent to him to be signed? Have they even made the damn thing? Is it just sitting there? Being neglected and will I EVER see it? If not I'll take a replacement, I'd rather have something than nothing. But come on, at least make it a little bit discrete. I have a year old redemption sitting here and you're throwing Private Signings into this year's stuff? THAT MEANS HE'S SIGNING. DON'T TELL ME THAT. The fact that I got the same person both times is suspicious, the fact that she offered to have someone call me back both times is suspicious. And the fact that my card has not been sent to Stamkos to be signed is just pathetic. Poor business model here Panini, put a #@#@#@#@ load of redemptions into your stuff and redeem 2/3 of them! Cool. It's a year old, shouldn't that put it at the top of the priorities?

Unbelievable the stuff I'm dealing with to try to just get an answer out of somebody? It's like they see my number pop up, send it to this same person and just have her play like she has no idea what's going on?
Old 04-17-2012, 05:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

Sounds alot like a ponzi scheme to me.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Sounds alot like a ponzi scheme to me.
I think it's more of pathetic disorganization and lack of information (ignorance?) than anything specifically attempting to be a scam. It just seems like such a poorly run operation that everyone, from top to bottom is in over their heads and in the process is completely negligent.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

I just think it's negligence at this point. I really do. And that's not good for a company with TONS of redemptions outstanding.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:47 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckilgor5 View Post
I just think it's negligence at this point. I really do. And that's not good for a company with TONS of redemptions outstanding.
Yup, completely unprofessional. Talk about the heave-ho. Hopefully you get to the bottom of it and get your card.
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
mdh

Join the club. I had a similar situation with 2009 NT football. 2 years of products and multiple "live" on card and sticker autos surfacing, but mine was no where to be seen. Finally talked to the new manager at Panini 2 weeks ago, only to find out the card i've been waiting on for a year and a half wasn't made? Really!? It took this long to find out? Maybe they should purge the online redemption site once in a while and see what the hell they've been missing.
mdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

I think I've spend maybe 10 bucks on anything Panini since they started producing hockey cards. Worst company out there. Best way to avoid their redemptions is just avoid buying any of their product. Hope you get something before Stamkos retires.
ZappBrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

You guys should go to the football section,and see what the idiots are saying there.
subject: boycott
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:08 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZappBrannigan View Post
I think I've spend maybe 10 bucks on anything Panini since they started producing hockey cards. Worst company out there. Best way to avoid their redemptions is just avoid buying any of their product. Hope you get something before Stamkos retires.
Holy #@#@#@#@, can I steal your avatar? That is the greatest thing I've ever seen?
Old 04-20-2012, 05:40 PM   #10 (permalink)

I have said this before but there is a member on here with a Deion Sanders redemption over a year old and Panini is putting live Sanders autos in Totally Certified. That is beyond spitting in your face. Keep buying, this is how you are gonna get treated. Get used to it. They have no incentive to treat you better. Profits are at an all time high.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:05 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdh View Post
Join the club. I had a similar situation with 2009 NT football. 2 years of products and multiple "live" on card and sticker autos surfacing, but mine was no where to be seen. Finally talked to the new manager at Panini 2 weeks ago, only to find out the card i've been waiting on for a year and a half wasn't made? Really!? It took this long to find out? Maybe they should purge the online redemption site once in a while and see what the hell they've been missing.
Literally, I have spoken with 2 different people. One basically made excuses not to help me (computer broken, out to lunch) and the other said the card has been made but Stamkos hasn't sent it back. I was pretty sarcastic today, I said "So let me understand this. Stamkos is signing the new products but he's just letting the old ones sit around. That makes sense."

She sort of laughed and said I don't know, I mean it's not her fault but come on. It's clear that the card either has not been made or has not been sent to him. It's just a joke at this point, supposed to talk to her again Monday and see if she can find anything different for me. I don't want to do a replacement because it's a $50 book value. I could get a Doug Doorhandle autograph and get screwed with it. After this process, I am scared to do anything but wait.

Any thoughts as to what I should do?