Blowout Cards Forums
Midweek Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2012, 09:26 AM   #26 (permalink)

Wow...ignorant statement of the day....

As the players and equipment evolve so to does the game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdothbc View Post
hockey is officially a soft, pop tart sport now.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
25 not enough? If the guy doesn't get the point after knocking someone's head off in 2007, and then not again in 2009, and then, not again in 2011, and then not again now, they should bloody well boot his arse out of the league.
There is precedent for that. They kicked some player out of the league in the 1930s, so its been done before.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:17 AM   #28 (permalink)

This is the same moron who, in three consecutive games, was warned, fined and then suspended for illegal hits this year. Glad to see someone with total disregard for the rules and other players' safety off the ice for a long time.

And to the vocal minority who are complaining about the sports being "wussified", I suggest you try putting down the video controller and try playing at this high a level to see just how vicious these hits are...oh wait, you have no discernable talent. Sports need to make sure that injuries that will haunt players for the rest of their lives are prevented if at all possible.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:41 AM   #29 (permalink)

I'm old school going back to the '70s and I love the brutality of hockey but I am in full agreement with this ruling. The thing that justified the length of suspension for me was when Shanny showed all the past infractions by Torres, many of them identical to the hit on Hossa. Torres, like Cooke until this year, obviously just doesn't get it and I think 25 games sends him a strong message. You can't have lesser players like Torres taking out the other teams stars with dirty cheap hits, especially in the playoffs, and only give them a game or three. Maybe this will put a stop to the nonsense because it's over due in my opinion. You can't have guys who get 6-8 minutes of ice time a game running around trying to injure the other team's top players.

I also think they need to look into the equipment these guys are wearing today. The elbow and shoulder pads are over-sized and hard as a rock and allows players to run around feeling invincible. You young guys should look up some of the old school equipment from back in the '70s. There were still big hits but guys got up after them on most nights.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:46 AM   #30 (permalink)

This is the right way to make a statement Shanaban. The ban on Wisnewski was just wrong, but this one I have no problem with. It seems a little excessive (15-20 IMO) but Shanahan needs to send a message that he isnt putting up with any of this nonsense. For the first time this season I can honestly say good call Shanny.