Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2012, 04:56 PM   #26 (permalink)

I've not seen a whole lot of NJ this year. Very impresssed with how well they possess the puck in the zone. A few times I had to check to make sure they were not on the PP.
IndyKMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:13 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
You've been watching the game, right? Bryz has been very solid today. Completely saved their asses in the 1st period. But don't let that get in the way of your preconceived notions, though.
I'm not watching the game through orange colored glasses And he's playing about as good as he can, which might not be good enough, too many rebounds. And nothing preconceived look at last series for crying out loud
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:15 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
I'm not watching the game through orange colored glasses And he's playing about as good as he can, which might not be good enough, too many rebounds.
LOL, great comeback. Unlike some people, I can watch the game with some objectivity. It's really easy to blame Bryz but he's been far from the problem today.

Marty, on the other hand, has been pretty spectacular.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #29 (permalink)

Giroux...what an unreal shot.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:34 PM   #30 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

If Brodeur wasn't playing this good today, it would be a blow out by now.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avjp87 View Post
If Brodeur wasn't playing this good today, it would be a blow out by now.
THAT was a weak goal.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:18 PM   #32 (permalink)

BOOM. THAT was a goal. Helluva game. Ended correctly
Old 04-29-2012, 06:37 PM   #33 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

So does anyone else think it looked like the Devils "didn't care"?

They jumped all over the Flyers in the 1st period and then just laid down it looked like.

Kovalchulk, holy #@#@#@#@, I know he's a goal scorer and that's what he gets paid to do. But dude, attempt to look like you're trying to play defense
Old 04-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avjp87 View Post
So does anyone else think it looked like the Devils "didn't care"?

They jumped all over the Flyers in the 1st period and then just laid down it looked like.

Kovalchulk, holy #@#@#@#@, I know he's a goal scorer and that's what he gets paid to do. But dude, attempt to look like you're trying to play defense
I wouldn't say they didn't care, but once the flyers got their jump back, they definitely seemed "defeated", so to speak.

Kovalchuk is clearly hurt and should not be out there. Whether it's due to injury, attitude or a combo of both, he is just a huge liability.

Also, dead serious question...are there any Devils fans on these boards?

If no, I vote we re-name this thread to "Flyers fans circle jerk (with the occasional pop-in from Flyers haters)". C'monnn there's gotta be some Devils fans.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:29 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
I wouldn't say they didn't care, but once the flyers got their jump back, they definitely seemed "defeated", so to speak.

Kovalchuk is clearly hurt and should not be out there. Whether it's due to injury, attitude or a combo of both, he is just a huge liability.

Also, dead serious question...are there any Devils fans on these boards?

If no, I vote we re-name this thread to "Flyers fans circle jerk (with the occasional pop-in from Flyers haters)". C'monnn there's gotta be some Devils fans.
Looks like your the pivot man
Old 04-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #36 (permalink)

Brodeur is washed up. At 39, he played too many minutes and it shows now. Bring in the Moose! What do they got to lose. 4 shutouts on season and 18-6 record (something like that).

Kovy is garbage. Learn how to play D and pass. Glad announcers called out his weak game today.

Devils can win this series. Need to get back to basics and stop looking for the highlight reel pass every play.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:38 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo126 View Post
brodeur is washed up. At 39, he played too many minutes and it shows now. Bring in the moose! What do they got to lose. 4 shutouts on season and 18-6 record (something like that).

Kovy is garbage. Learn how to play d and pass. Glad announcers called out his weak game today.

Devils can win this series. Need to get back to basics and stop looking for the highlight reel pass every play.
krikey!! Its the most rare form of fan in the world!!

The devils fan!!!!!

Aint she a beauty!

[IMG][/IMG]
sportsstuff87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:37 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey121581 View Post
i lit a crosby jersey on fire already...if flyers win i will light a boudeur jersey on fire....
Im holding you to that sir! For this reason and this reason alone I'll be rooting for the Flyers
Old 04-30-2012, 09:35 AM   #39 (permalink)

Hello, my droogies, guess who's back? Where we we then then.....ah yes, round 2 Flyers on the highway to hell.....

"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Rinkwraith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post
Hello, my droogies, guess who's back? Where we we then then.....ah yes, round 2 Flyers on the highway to hell.....

(creepypicture.jpg)
YESSSS...Hans, you're a devils fan, right? Oh my god! Does this mean we might be able to actually have some semi-intelligent discussion in this thread? Please say yes
Old 04-30-2012, 01:12 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
YESSSS...Hans, you're a devils fan, right? Oh my god! Does this mean we might be able to actually have some semi-intelligent discussion in this thread? Please say yes
Yep, Devil's fan here. I wasn't able to watch game 1 as I was flying back from the UK last night, so I could only box-score analyze this morning. The shift in shots-on-goal by period told most of the story for me.
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Old 05-01-2012, 03:03 PM   #42 (permalink)

No Kovy tonight for game 2 Guess he was playing hurt after all.

Flyers have to get Bryz right somehow. I wonder if he has A.D.D. or something because he played tremendous in the first when the Devils were in the Flyers end most of the period then once the Flyers owned the play in the Devils zone, he seemed to lose focus, started mishandling the puck then let in a really bad goal to Sykora to tie it. Seems like the more work he gets the better he stays focused on the game. When the Flyers are only giving up a handful of shots a period it's like his mind starts to wander or something. Weird but I think I'm not far off with this. Even in the pressers after the game, he sometimes loses his train of thought or asks the reporters what the question was again even though he started answering it already. I know he still isn't the master of the English language and he likes to play games with the idiots covering the team but he seems to have issues with his attention span. Maybe there isn't a off switch to the universe being "humongous big" with this dude.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:39 PM   #43 (permalink)

Bryzgalov doesn't have the brain ability to focus, he seems to be more worried about where his next hamburger is coming from than actually winning a Stanley Cup.
ZappBrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #44 (permalink)

broad street bullies in 5

Just Giroux it!

Last edited by Skoots; 05-01-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Skoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:57 PM   #45 (permalink)

Aside from Bryz, Flyers got just what they deserved tonight. Not to take away from the Devils who took it to them but after about 15 minutes, the Flyers didn't compete at all tonight. What a terrible effort by pretty much everyone. Watching Briere on the Zajac goal summed up the team tonight. He should have just pulled up a chair because he just stood in one spot and watched the play.

Oh well, I'm not worried because they can't play any worse then they played tonight and they've been road warriors all year long.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:54 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Aside from Bryz, Flyers got just what they deserved tonight. Not to take away from the Devils who took it to them but after about 15 minutes, the Flyers didn't compete at all tonight. What a terrible effort by pretty much everyone. Watching Briere on the Zajac goal summed up the team tonight. He should have just pulled up a chair because he just stood in one spot and watched the play.

Oh well, I'm not worried because they can't play any worse then they played tonight and they've been road warriors all year long.
Completely agreed. The only other guy besides Bryz who actually looked like he gave an effort was Wellwood. Otherwise, they just looked like they didn't show up at all.

Also, not worried. They'll bounce back.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:18 AM   #47 (permalink)

Last night just really confused me.

Not sure how you can come out and play like that, at home, in the playoffs. They cerainly got what they deserved, and congrats to NJ for playing like a team that absolutely had to win that game.
IndyKMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:50 AM   #48 (permalink)

Good effort by the Devils team rallying around Kovy being out and down 1-0 after the second period.

Got a bit tired of the NBCSports announce team praising Bryzgalov in the second period. Devils shot it right into him on a lot of his stops, so saves were routine in my opinion.

"Great Balls of Flyers" t-shirt promo? Interesting marketing in Philly....
Old 05-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #49 (permalink)

Devils Win a Game they definitely deserved, if not for a tough OT loss in game 1 this team could be up 3-0. The Devils have outplayed the Flyers the last 2 Games
Old 05-03-2012, 11:23 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Devils Win a Game they definitely deserved, if not for a tough OT loss in game 1 this team could be up 3-0. The Devils have outplayed the Flyers the last 2 Games
The officials tried their hardest to make it a Flyer win. Fortunately, the Flyers are terrible at power plays
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote