Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 09:00 AM   #51 (permalink)
Banned

Once again, a good gut check effort by the Devils who are slowly starting to believe in themselves. Enjoyed seeing Ponikoravsky get his playoff spot as he was a sneaky addition to the team before the deadline.

Officiating was so bush league that even the intermission announce team had to talk about it. If the refs can't get an obvious non "delay of game" call right they have no business officiating the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Briere's theatrics are worse than diving by the way. True insult to the sport.
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:02 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post
Once again, a good gut check effort by the Devils who are slowly starting to believe in themselves. Enjoyed seeing Ponikoravsky get his playoff spot as he was a sneaky addition to the team before the deadline.

Officiating was so bush league that even the intermission announce team had to talk about it. If the refs can't get an obvious non "delay of game" call right they have no business officiating the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Briere's theatrics are worse than diving by the way. True insult to the sport.

Briere is the man!!! JA
Old 05-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #53 (permalink)

Is it me or is this series starting to look a lotlike the Flyers-Pens match-up, reversed?

NJ is winning just about every phase of the game right now, and doing a lot of the same things Philly was doing as the underdog against the Pens.

Frustrating for sure, but IMO the better team has certainly been NJ and they deserve to be ahead in this series.
IndyKMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:14 AM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
I wouldn't say they didn't care, but once the flyers (Insert Devils/Kovy) got their jump back, they (Flyers) definitely seemed "defeated", so to speak.

Kovalchuk is clearly hurt and should not be out there.(Insert Kovy is clearly carrying the play!) Whether it's due to injury, attitude or a combo of both, he is just a huge liability.

Also, dead serious question...are there any Devils [I](Insert Flyers)[/I] fans on these boards?
If no, I vote we re-name this thread to "Flyers fans circle jerk (with the occasional pop-in from Flyers haters)" . C'monnn there's gotta be some Devils fans.
Does any of these Flyer Fans really care? Or was the victory over Pit. there real motivation, when there Team was Winning they were very active, now that they have been outplayed we have not seen much presence, Hmmm I'll bet we see a response now And I'm just busting 'Balls' as this series is far from over, however it just goes to show how important Momentum is in the playoffs, and that 40 Yr. old Goalie ain't that bad!

And I would say Kovy is far from being a liability!

Last edited by TASS; 05-04-2012 at 11:20 AM.
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #55 (permalink)

Terrible mistake by a couple of rookies on that change cost them. Oh well, it's only 2-1 and the Flyers haven't played a full game yet in this series. Win game 4 and regain the home ice. Devils aren't doing anything special that makes them look unbeatable, they're just playing harder right now. Biggest difference in the series has been the Flyers forwards have been terrible so far back checking and in their own end. Gotta skate hard and pick up somebody. I've never been a fan of how Lavy has them passing the puck deeper in their own end to try and set up a break out play all the time. Sometimes you just have to take the safe play, dump it out and go get it back. Cost them twice in this series. Carle (again) and Lilja got burned last night doing that crap on Parise's goal.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:57 AM   #56 (permalink)

Gotta give it up to NJ, def seem more hungry for it. We had some horrible turn-overs last night.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #57 (permalink)

Not too upset about last night. Flyers will make mistakes like that with relying on so many rookies to play key roles. Next year, this team will be so much better.
Also want your Markel Brown, Mason Plumlee and Deron Williams
yankeesfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:14 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Does any of these Flyer Fans really care? Or was the victory over Pit. there real motivation, when there Team was Winning they were very active, now that they have been outplayed we have not seen much presence, Hmmm I'll bet we see a response now And I'm just busting 'Balls' as this series is far from over, however it just goes to show how important Momentum is in the playoffs, and that 40 Yr. old Goalie ain't that bad!

And I would say Kovy is far from being a liability!
Keeeeep stretching. The flyers fans have been the most present on this board, far and away. And those comments were totally accurate at the time.

Personally, I was out for my dad's birthday dinner and missed all but the OT, so don't really have much comment to give, other than they seem to be outworked and people look to be hurting pretty badly.

This next game is it. If they win this, I think they win the series. If not, I think it's pretty clear that they don't have it, and NJ will win it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan24 View Post
Not too upset about last night. Flyers will make mistakes like that with relying on so many rookies to play key roles. Next year, this team will be so much better.
Wait...you're a Flyers fan?
Old 05-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #59 (permalink)

[QUOTE=WilsonValdez;2627015]Keeeeep stretching. The flyers fans have been the most present on this board, far and away. And those comments were totally accurate at the time.

Personally, I was out for my dad's birthday dinner and missed all but the OT, so don't really have much comment to give, other than they seem to be outworked and people look to be hurting pretty badly.

This next game is it. If they win this, I think they win the series. If not, I think it's pretty clear that they don't have it, and NJ will win it.

I knew you would post, just missed your after game commentary The Devils looked like they were playing inspired, and the play of Kovy was nothing short of phenomenal considering he is playing with some form of back injury! I think both Teams are banged up, with the only new injury being Couturier, and a non existant powerplay.
Since I don't root for either Team, I have become somewhat attached to NJ mainly because of Brodeur, who at the age of 40 (actually will turn 40 Sun.) has brought back memories of some incredible playoff Wins, and I would like to see him go out on top!
The Flyers have not played with the same intensity as the Pitt. series for various reasons, one of which I truly believe they took this series too lightly, which in the playoffs could be devastating, and having 2 powerplays in OT was a 'gift' that they did nothing with!
Old 05-05-2012, 02:03 AM   #60 (permalink)

nice to see Marty in the zone.....
Oilers1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:56 AM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers1980 View Post
nice to see Marty in the zone.....
Liammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

You complete me
Old 05-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #62 (permalink)

Marty B turned 40 today. I'm sure the Devils are going to come out even harder tonight trying to get him a win. Hopefully the Flyers match that intensity for a full 60 minutes and crash his party. Need to come home with the series evened up.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #63 (permalink)

Happy B' Day Martin Brodeur, would be nice to see him add another playoff victory to his 'Hall of Fame' resume' !
Old 05-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Happy B' Day Martin Brodeur, would be nice to see him add another playoff victory to his 'Hall of Fame' resume' !
Happy birthday Marty! Here's hoping for a big fat L as a birthday gift!
Old 05-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
Happy birthday Marty! Here's hoping for a big fat L as a birthday gift!
LOL, let the game's begin!!

"I won't celebrate anything though until after the game, and that's it."
-- Devils goalie Martin Brodeur on starting Game 4 against Philadelphia on his 40th birthday Sunday

Here's hoping for some Marty celebrating with a HUGH 'W'

Last edited by TASS; 05-06-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
LOL, let the game's begin!!

"I won't celebrate anything though until after the game, and that's it."
-- Devils goalie Martin Brodeur on starting Game 4 against Philadelphia on his 40th birthday Sunday

Here's hoping for some Marty celebrating with a HUGH 'W'
Sadly, you won't be getting a ton of comments from me regardless of whether they win or lose. I'll be around but have a ton of work to take care of, so will be focused on other areas. Hopefully someone else picks up the slack :x
Old 05-06-2012, 10:21 PM   #67 (permalink)

anyone see the flyers? i swear the phantoms stole their jerseys....
sportsstuff87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:00 PM   #68 (permalink)

Man oh man.
What a disappointment, coming off such an amazing showing in the last series.

I want to be pissed off, but hard to be mad when this team is just flat-out being outplayed. No doubt NJ has been the better team. Hell, here they are down 3-2 with 7:00 left in a must-win game 4 and the Devils are by far the more agressive team. Not puck-dumping, but taking it to the Flyers. Ughhhh.
IndyKMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:13 PM   #69 (permalink)

Happy 40th Birthday Martin Brodeur! I don't think he could ask for a better gift from the Flyers I think it's safe to say now the Fly Guys blew there balls against the Pens This was the 3rd straight game carried by the Devils!
Old 05-06-2012, 11:15 PM   #70 (permalink)

Outworked...outshot...outplayed. Nothing really else to say. Series is done. Pathetic effort by the Flyers. That is all.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:18 PM   #71 (permalink)
Banned

A win and an assist on his 40th, very nice Marty. Another gritty determined effort by the Devils team.

Hope Giroux enjoys his one game off, although I wouldn't be surprised to hear Shanahan point out that Zubrus returned to the game and scored so the head shot was okay.

Great clutch play by "Mr.Playoffs" Briere on the empty-netter. By the way, that is the worst t-shirt nhl.com has ever tried to sell.
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:23 PM   #72 (permalink)

Great way to turn 40! Congrats to the Devils and their fans. Looks like they'll be moving on to the conference finals!

Happy birthday Marty!

And on the subject of birthdays, happy birthday to Sigmund Freud, Orson Welles, and Gabourey Sidibe! I know, big gap between one and three .
Old 05-06-2012, 11:33 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
A win and an assist on his 40th, very nice Marty. Another gritty determined effort by the Devils team.

Hope Giroux enjoys his one game off, although I wouldn't be surprised to hear Shanahan point out that Zubrus returned to the game and scored so the head shot was okay.

Great clutch play by "Mr.Playoffs" Briere on the empty-netter. By the way, that is the worst t-shirt nhl.com has ever tried to sell.
Congrats Hans....your team deserved it.

I don't think Giroux will get a game, probably just a fine.

And Briere is mr. playoffs, just look at the stats. The last goal was a result of your pathetic ice surface.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:40 PM   #74 (permalink)
Banned

Yeah as a flyers fan I dont even have anything negative say. The Devils are a respectable team in my eyes, and its obvious they want it more, and are playing harder.

I thought the lack of heart left when Richards and Carter got shipped out, but it looks like the Flyers still need a reality check.

Good win to the Devils. Not counting the Flyers out yet though, but as of now the Devils deserve to move on.
Sidthekidc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:20 AM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:

My gut says my team is going to end up facing off against your team for Lord Stanley's chalice.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote