Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
He's also the ONLY American . 15 Canadians. Can't deny that it was almost an entirely Canadian team .

You're telling me you would've won without Patrice Bergeron, Milan Lucic, Mark Recchi, Michael Ryder, Tyler Seguin etc?!!
Wow so it's come to how many Canadian players are on Cup winning US teams these days to justify Canada's place atop the NHL ? LOL

BTW stop with the "if we had" whining. Before Duncan Keith tied the game late, the game winner for Team USA would have been scored by Nate Thompson on an assist from Joey Crabb. Let that sink in a little before you start posting like Team Canada has their freshman team out there against Team USA's varsity.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:42 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
I wouldn't say where you're from is unimportant. You gotta respect the fact that your Bruins won the cup with a team made up of predominately Canadians.

I also don't see why I have to stop calling hockey Canadian. Would you tell Americans to stop calling football American, or basketball American, or baseball American? No you wouldn't.
I don't know why you can't understand that it is unimportant to me where a player comes from unlike YOU it is not the reason, nor does it fuel my backing of a certain Team! I don't know of anyone else on these boards who would make the foolish comments you make in ranking where a player was born in relation to a specific Team winning a championship
What part of I don't give a #@#@#@#@ where a player comes from don't you get? And know unlike you I don't call Baseball or Football an American Game, actually in reference to Baseball the majority of current players are from the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico or some other country foreign to the US , so if I use your 'mind set' if the Blue Jays were to Win the WS do you think I would be foolish enough to make the comment "They Won but they only have (2) Canadians on there roster, therefore they Owe there Championship to all the other nationalities that play on the Team, does that make sense to you, OF COURSE it would! To most 'sane' Sports fans where the players are from would not even cross there mind.
Listen I've said this before and you continue to justify my beliefs, you have a problem with us here in the States, of which I can only think it's an inferiority complex, that I can't help you with

USA 5 Canada 4 Final in the Hockey World Championships, by the way all the Goals were scored by US born players And the reason why it's important to make note of where they are from in this particular tourny they are wearing there Teams country on there damn chest

Last edited by TASS; 05-06-2012 at 12:55 PM.
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Wow so it's come to how many Canadian players are on Cup winning US teams these days to justify Canada's place atop the NHL ? LOL

BTW stop with the "if we had" whining. Before Duncan Keith tied the game late, the game winner for Team USA would have been scored by Nate Thompson on an assist from Joey Crabb. Let that sink in a little before you start posting like Team Canada has their freshman team out there against Team USA's varsity.
Love it!
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
No one things Edmonton>Toronto in hockey terms.

I do .

Toronto needs the hall of fame just so that they get to see trophies once in a while. At least Edmonton wins something occasionally (draft picks count right).
Oilers1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers1980 View Post
I do .

Toronto needs the hall of fame just so that they get to see trophies once in a while. At least Edmonton wins something occasionally (draft picks count right).
Looks like the Memorial Cup might be headed your way as well