Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2012 World Hockey Championships - who's watching em?

Figured since this is (according to the iihf) the biggest hockey event of the year it deserved a thread. So, who's watching?

Big game today. The Canadians against the US!

I've got the Canucks taking this one
Old 05-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

USA! USA! USA!
Old 05-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rough game by Team Canada. If we had had Crosby, toews,Luongo, etc. we would've won handsomely.

I don't like the little importance we seem to think of this tournament. Technically speaking it is the biggest hockey event of the year. We should be able to get better players out than Devan Dubnyk
Old 05-05-2012, 09:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

Great effort by the USA And if not for Cam Ward they would have blown Canada out. When you look at the USA lineup you would think that they would have a diffucult time, but they played with heart and the guys that took the time to put the USA Jersey on played with that pride!! Nice Win for this Team following the USA Gold in the Under 18 tourny

And I refuse to play the if we had game Kane, Kessel, Thomas blah blah blah, we had guy's that wore the Jersey proud that's all that counts!

USA HOCKEY!!!!!!! Bye the way Dubnyk never left the bench today

Last edited by TASS; 05-05-2012 at 09:33 PM.
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Great effort by the USA And if not for Cam Ward they would have blown Canada out. When you look at the USA lineup you would think that they would have a diffucult time, but they played with heart and the guys that took the time to put the USA Jersey on played with that pride!! Nice Win for this Team following the USA Gold in the Under 18 tourny

And I refuse to play the if we had game Kane, Kessel, Thomas blah blah blah, we had guy's that wore the Jersey proud that's all that counts!

USA HOCKEY!!!!!!! Bye the way Dubnyk never left the bench today
Canada has to start caring about more than one tournament every year. Past January 6th Team Canada hockey is completely irrelevant. Oh well.

This was only Team USA's third victory at the WHC against Canada. I guess we have to throw you a bone every couple years

But we still hold the big two: Stanley Cup and Olympic Gold
Old 05-05-2012, 09:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Canada has to start caring about more than one tournament every year. Past January 6th Team Canada hockey is completely irrelevant. Oh well.

This was only Team USA's third victory at the WHC against Canada. I guess we have to throw you a bone every couple years

But we still hold the big two: Stanley Cup and Olympic Gold
Remind about which Canadian hockey team holds the Cup?
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
Remind about which Canadian hockey team holds the Cup?
The crappy Team Canada - the Boston Bruins
Old 05-05-2012, 10:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Boston is in Nova Scotia, right? Or is it in Alberta?
Old 05-05-2012, 10:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:

Tim Thomas is one BAD-ASS AMERICAN, and almost single handedly brought the Cup to Title Town USA!!!!
Old 05-05-2012, 10:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

Tim Thomas is one BAD-ASS AMERICAN, and almost single handedly brought the Cup to Title Town USA!!!!
And he went to my rivals in tennis high school! Too bad it isn't Hockeytown which is also in the US
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:56 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:

He's also the ONLY American . 15 Canadians. Can't deny that it was almost an entirely Canadian team .

You're telling me you would've won without Patrice Bergeron, Milan Lucic, Mark Recchi, Michael Ryder, Tyler Seguin etc?!!
Old 05-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
And he went to my rivals in tennis high school! Too bad it isn't Hockeytown which is also in the US
Hockeytown. Lol. I always love that. Just a promotional name given to Detroit to raise attendance back in the 90's. If there is a hockeytown it's Toronto, not even close.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Hockeytown. Lol. I always love that. Just a promotional name given to Detroit to raise attendance back in the 90's. If there is a hockeytown it's Toronto, not even close.
Come on man. Toronto isn't in USA. It is called Hockeytown USA and it is, Michigan in general is the best hockey state (Minnesota is close).
Old 05-05-2012, 11:23 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Come on man. Toronto isn't in USA. It is called Hockeytown USA and it is, Michigan in general is the best hockey state (Minnesota is close).
Sorry, your post implied hockeytown was Detroit. You were talking/bragging about how hockeytown was in America.

I wouldn't say Michigan is the best hockey state. Maybe I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here, but minnesota is a pretty good hockey state. I'm not the biggest us hockey expert so I'm not too sure, but Minnesota has a reputation of being the hockey state of America.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Sorry, your post implied hockeytown was Detroit.

I wouldn't say Michigan is the best hockey state. Maybe I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here, but minnesota is a pretty good hockey state. I'm not the biggest us hockey expert so I'm not too sure, but Minnesota has a reputation of being the hockey state of America.
You are playing Devil's Advocate. Hockeytown is Detroit, it is called Hockeytown USA. Yes those state's two are far and away better then the other 48. It is a toss up, so it all comes down to the NHL team to decide the tiebreaker, and we all know who wins that
Old 05-05-2012, 11:29 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
You are playing Devil's Advocate. Hockeytown is Detroit, it is called Hockeytown USA. Yes those state's two are far and away better then the other 48. It is a toss up, so it all comes down to the NHL team to decide the tiebreaker, and we all know who wins that
The North Stars had a couple of good years and the Wild are getting good

Again, I'm not too much of a US hockey expert and I do have family in Minneapolis which may sway my opinion but Minnesota has that reputation (like Montreal in Canada) of being THE hockey state in the US.

But I guess, like Canada, the reputation isn't necessarily true
Old 05-05-2012, 11:31 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
He's also the ONLY American . 15 Canadians. Can't deny that it was almost an entirely Canadian team .

You're telling me you would've won without Patrice Bergeron, Milan Lucic, Mark Recchi, Michael Ryder, Tyler Seguin etc?!!
I don't give a #@#@#@#@ if they were from MARS, they won the Cup representing the 'Spoked B', the BOSTON BRUINS!!!! You really have to get over your 'Hockey is #@#@#@#@ing Canadian' BS it's getting old, and really is unimportant IMO, I love Hockey and I live in the USA!!
Old 05-05-2012, 11:43 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't give a #@#@#@#@ if they were from MARS, they won the Cup representing the 'Spoked B', the BOSTON BRUINS!!!! You really have to get over your 'Hockey is #@#@#@#@ing Canadian' BS it's getting old, and really is unimportant IMO, I love Hockey and I live in the USA!!
I wouldn't say where you're from is unimportant. You gotta respect the fact that your Bruins won the cup with a team made up of predominately Canadians.

I also don't see why I have to stop calling hockey Canadian. Would you tell Americans to stop calling football American, or basketball American, or baseball American? No you wouldn't.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:46 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
The North Stars had a couple of good years and the Wild are getting good

Again, I'm not too much of a US hockey expert and I do have family in Minneapolis which may sway my opinion but Minnesota has that reputation (like Montreal in Canada) of being THE hockey state in the US.

But I guess, like Canada, the reputation isn't necessarily true
Haha, make the playoffs then talk about being good. They aren't. Not sure how Canada has anything to do with this

Quote:
I wouldn't say where you're from is unimportant. You gotta respect the fact that your Bruins won the cup with a team made up of predominately Canadians.

I also don't see why I have to stop calling hockey Canadian. Would you tell Americans to stop calling football American, or basketball American, or baseball American? No you wouldn't.
So if Vancouver won, it is a Sweden thing because their big stars are Swedish?
Old 05-05-2012, 11:56 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Haha, make the playoffs then talk about being good. They aren't. Not sure how Canada has anything to do with this
I was comparing the reputation Montreal seems to get around the world as THE hockey city in Canada (and the world). Minnesota gets the same reputation (at least in Canada) of being THE hockey state in the US.

But Montreal obviously isnt the hockey city of Canada (Toronto holds that honor) and apparently Minnesota isn't the hockey state of America.

That's all.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:21 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:

But it took a Slovak captain to lead those Can'tadians to lead his team to victory. And don't forget that it was a Czech who led the team in scoring in the playoffs, too
Old 05-06-2012, 12:57 AM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I was comparing the reputation Montreal seems to get around the world as THE hockey city in Canada (and the world). Minnesota gets the same reputation (at least in Canada) of being THE hockey state in the US.

But Montreal obviously isnt the hockey city of Canada (Toronto holds that honor) and apparently Minnesota isn't the hockey state of America.

That's all.
Says who? Edmonton is
Old 05-06-2012, 01:41 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Says who? Edmonton is
Edmonton, really??? Do tell, sir. Remember this isn't just the NHL, we're talking hockey here. Toronto is the hockey capital of the world sir, can't deny it!
Old 05-06-2012, 01:50 AM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Edmonton, really??? Do tell, sir. Remember this isn't just the NHL, we're talking hockey here. Toronto is the hockey capital of the world sir, can't deny it!
You really need to loosen your belts. It was obviously a joke. No one things Edmonton>Toronto in hockey terms.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:05 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
You really need to loosen your belts. It was obviously a joke. No one things Edmonton>Toronto in hockey terms.
I figured it was a joke . I guess my comment didn't quite express that!

Although the Edmonton Oil Kings are having a pretty kick a$$ season!