Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   HOCKEY (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/hockey/)
-   -   Patrick Kane (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/hockey/299156-patrick-kane.html)

XL5 05-07-2012 04:10 PM

Patrick Kane

He's only 23 but still.

[url=http://deadspin.com/5908302/patrick-kanes-offseason-drinking-regimen-is-off-to-a-great-start/gallery/1]Patrick Kane's Offseason Drinking Regimen Is Off To A Great Start[/url]

ncm7772 05-07-2012 04:31 PM

What an idiot.

Shawner 05-07-2012 04:31 PM

Classic Kaner

ilovethelakings 05-07-2012 04:44 PM

Big deal. I'd be living it up if I were that young and that rich.

XL5 05-07-2012 04:49 PM

[QUOTE=ilovethelakings;2641589]Big deal. I'd be living it up if I were that young and that rich.[/QUOTE]

If I were that young and that rich, I would really hope that my idea of "living it up" wouldn't be doing the same things I did as a poor college student 5 years earlier. Not that I ever cuddled a lacrosse player on a dirty floor either.

Toews is only a few months older than Kane. But in comparison, he's Igor Larionov or something.

ilovethelakings 05-07-2012 05:04 PM

Crap like this gets so blown out of proportion in this TMZ world we are living in. I just cannot see what is so wrong with a guy having fun on a "holiday" made for drinking.....even if it does lead to cuddling with a lacrosse player on a dirty floor. ;)

Nicnac 05-07-2012 06:00 PM

[QUOTE=ilovethelakings;2641693]Crap like this gets so blown out of proportion in this TMZ world we are living in. I just cannot see what is so wrong with a guy having fun on a "holiday" made for drinking.....even if it does lead to cuddling with a lacrosse player on a dirty floor. ;)[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

"OMG what a loser/idiot/moron"

Usually uttered by people who were exactly the same (or worse) at the same age...

I'd rather hear any day about an athlete or celebrity having a wild drunken party than a Wall Street banker giving himself a pay raise.

AaronGodgers 05-07-2012 06:23 PM

[QUOTE=XL5;2641616]If I were that young and that rich, I would really hope that my idea of "living it up" wouldn't be doing the same things I did as a poor college student 5 years earlier. Not that I ever cuddled a lacrosse player on a dirty floor either.

Toews is only a few months older than Kane. But in comparison, he's Igor Larionov or something.[/QUOTE]

You obviously haven't seen the Toews beer bong picture. What does it matter what athletes are doing in their off-season if it isn't illegal.

38stud 05-07-2012 06:28 PM

[QUOTE=AaronGodgers;2642126]You obviously haven't seen the Toews beer bong picture. What does it matter what athletes are doing in their off-season if it isn't[B] illegal[/B].[/QUOTE]

Like that little taxi cab thing, lol :D :eek:

Old Nap 05-07-2012 06:59 PM

Just a Juke to the right, a Deke to the left, and on the bar I rest head.

38stud 05-07-2012 07:45 PM

[QUOTE=Old Nap;2642325]Just a Juke to the right, a Deke to the left, and on the bar I rest head.[/QUOTE]

Peggy!!!! Peggy!!!! Peggy!!!!

avjp87 05-07-2012 07:57 PM

how dare him!!!!

He's 23, a stanley cup winner, a damn good hockey player and he want's to drink on a day where most people his age do??? What an ass

gonzo126 05-09-2012 09:54 AM

It's a kid being a kid. Big deal.

Look at one of our most beloved athletes of all-time, Babe Ruth. A smoking, drinking, womanizing, overweight player loved by all.

All that matters is what they do on the ice or at the ballpark. As far as their personal life goes, that's their business. Only crime he committed is being 3 sheets to the wind. Last I looked, it's not a crime.

XL5 05-10-2012 04:33 PM

FWIW, Dustin Byfuglien used to live in my neighborhood and he was sometimes out with Kane at a few neighborhood bars. [URL="http://deadspin.com/5909246/reconstructing-patrick-kanes-drunken-weekend-in-madison"]This might contain a lot of hearsay[/URL], but it jives with what I saw the few times I saw Kane out. (Buff was always cool. Miss that guy.)

[QUOTE=gonzo126]It's a kid being a kid. Big deal.

Look at one of our most beloved athletes of all-time, Babe Ruth. A smoking, drinking, womanizing, overweight player loved by all.

All that matters is what they do on the ice or at the ballpark. As far as their personal life goes, that's their business. Only crime he committed is being 3 sheets to the wind. Last I looked, it's not a crime. [/QUOTE]

Absolutely, Kane can do whatever he wants but this isn't 1920 and Babe Ruth would probably pass out if he had to skate a single shift in today's NHL.

Kane probably hasn't committed a crime here but he did have that run-in in Buffalo. Regardless, one doesn't have to commit a crime to be a world class douche.

The sad thing is that most of the girls at that fraternity party could probably knock Kane off the puck. If I'm the Hawks I'd probably prefer that he's a bit more focused in the off-season. But whatever, it's his career.