Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
XL5

Default Patrick Kane

He's only 23 but still.

Patrick Kane's Offseason Drinking Regimen Is Off To A Great Start
Old 05-07-2012, 04:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

What an idiot.
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Classic Kaner
Old 05-07-2012, 04:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

Big deal. I'd be living it up if I were that young and that rich.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
Big deal. I'd be living it up if I were that young and that rich.
If I were that young and that rich, I would really hope that my idea of "living it up" wouldn't be doing the same things I did as a poor college student 5 years earlier. Not that I ever cuddled a lacrosse player on a dirty floor either.

Toews is only a few months older than Kane. But in comparison, he's Igor Larionov or something.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

Crap like this gets so blown out of proportion in this TMZ world we are living in. I just cannot see what is so wrong with a guy having fun on a "holiday" made for drinking.....even if it does lead to cuddling with a lacrosse player on a dirty floor.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
Crap like this gets so blown out of proportion in this TMZ world we are living in. I just cannot see what is so wrong with a guy having fun on a "holiday" made for drinking.....even if it does lead to cuddling with a lacrosse player on a dirty floor.
Exactly.

"OMG what a loser/idiot/moron"

Usually uttered by people who were exactly the same (or worse) at the same age...

I'd rather hear any day about an athlete or celebrity having a wild drunken party than a Wall Street banker giving himself a pay raise.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
If I were that young and that rich, I would really hope that my idea of "living it up" wouldn't be doing the same things I did as a poor college student 5 years earlier. Not that I ever cuddled a lacrosse player on a dirty floor either.

Toews is only a few months older than Kane. But in comparison, he's Igor Larionov or something.

You obviously haven't seen the Toews beer bong picture. What does it matter what athletes are doing in their off-season if it isn't illegal.
AaronGodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronGodgers View Post
You obviously haven't seen the Toews beer bong picture. What does it matter what athletes are doing in their off-season if it isn't illegal.
Like that little taxi cab thing, lol
Old 05-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

Just a Juke to the right, a Deke to the left, and on the bar I rest head.
Old Nap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:45 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Nap View Post
Just a Juke to the right, a Deke to the left, and on the bar I rest head.
Peggy!!!! Peggy!!!! Peggy!!!!
Old 05-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #12 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

how dare him!!!!

He's 23, a stanley cup winner, a damn good hockey player and he want's to drink on a day where most people his age do??? What an ass
Old 05-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #13 (permalink)

It's a kid being a kid. Big deal.

Look at one of our most beloved athletes of all-time, Babe Ruth. A smoking, drinking, womanizing, overweight player loved by all.

All that matters is what they do on the ice or at the ballpark. As far as their personal life goes, that's their business. Only crime he committed is being 3 sheets to the wind. Last I looked, it's not a crime.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
XL5

FWIW, Dustin Byfuglien used to live in my neighborhood and he was sometimes out with Kane at a few neighborhood bars. This might contain a lot of hearsay, but it jives with what I saw the few times I saw Kane out. (Buff was always cool. Miss that guy.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo126
It's a kid being a kid. Big deal.

Look at one of our most beloved athletes of all-time, Babe Ruth. A smoking, drinking, womanizing, overweight player loved by all.

All that matters is what they do on the ice or at the ballpark. As far as their personal life goes, that's their business. Only crime he committed is being 3 sheets to the wind. Last I looked, it's not a crime.
Absolutely, Kane can do whatever he wants but this isn't 1920 and Babe Ruth would probably pass out if he had to skate a single shift in today's NHL.

Kane probably hasn't committed a crime here but he did have that run-in in Buffalo. Regardless, one doesn't have to commit a crime to be a world class douche.

The sad thing is that most of the girls at that fraternity party could probably knock Kane off the puck. If I'm the Hawks I'd probably prefer that he's a bit more focused in the off-season. But whatever, it's his career.