Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 02:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bartlett, Illinois
Posts: 11
Default Old/New Collector

Guys,

Quick question for you all. I use to collect hockey cards back in the day but have not bought anything in probably 15 years. Any recommendations on todays cards/boxes? I was never big into collecting the inserts but I guess that is what everyone is collecting these days. Also, does anybody collect vintage boxes anymore?

Collecting certainly has changed since the last time I bought a box of cards.

Thank You,

Shaun
Dominator1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
nmbran1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 157
Default

All depends on what you're trying to collect (autos, gu, etc.), and how much you are willing to spend. SP Authentic would definately be a good product to start out with. You'll get three on-card autos per box, plus some other inserts and stuff. Also, it isn't uncommon to complete an entire base set out of just one box. If you buy from Blowout, I think they're about $100 or so per box now. However, if you're looking to get back into collecting again with a bang...The Cup comes out in about a week
__________________
Currently collecting Darren Helm, Nick Lidstrom, BJ Raji, Aaron Rodgers, Greg Jennings, and Clay Matthews
nmbran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
ChicagoCubsWS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Denver, IA
Posts: 5,497
Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS
Default

First of all, welcome to joining the BlowoutCards Forum! Hope you learn and have as much fun as I have over the year or so ive been here. I live in Carol Stream IL, so its cool to have someone so close to me.

I would also reccomend SP Authentic, great overall product with rookies and stars for a cheaper box of hockey with great value also.
__________________
Collecting Cubs Prospects
ChicagoCubsWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
nmbran1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 157
Default

just moved about 3 months ago from Elgin
__________________
Currently collecting Darren Helm, Nick Lidstrom, BJ Raji, Aaron Rodgers, Greg Jennings, and Clay Matthews
nmbran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bartlett, Illinois
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoCubsWS View Post
First of all, welcome to joining the BlowoutCards Forum! Hope you learn and have as much fun as I have over the year or so ive been here. I live in Carol Stream IL, so its cool to have someone so close to me.

I would also reccomend SP Authentic, great overall product with rookies and stars for a cheaper box of hockey with great value also.
I actually grew up in Wheaton and moved to Schaumburg and two weeks ago my wife and I purchased a house in Bartlett. My wife is from Carol Stream. Grew up by Glenbard North High School.

Thanks for the information guys!
Dominator1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bartlett, Illinois
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbran1 View Post
All depends on what you're trying to collect (autos, gu, etc.), and how much you are willing to spend. SP Authentic would definately be a good product to start out with. You'll get three on-card autos per box, plus some other inserts and stuff. Also, it isn't uncommon to complete an entire base set out of just one box. If you buy from Blowout, I think they're about $100 or so per box now. However, if you're looking to get back into collecting again with a bang...The Cup comes out in about a week
What is the average cost of a box of The Cup? I know they are a little pricey.

Thank You,

Shaun
Dominator1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
ChicagoCubsWS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Denver, IA
Posts: 5,497
Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominator1977 View Post
I actually grew up in Wheaton and moved to Schaumburg and two weeks ago my wife and I purchased a house in Bartlett. My wife is from Carol Stream. Grew up by Glenbard North High School.

Thanks for the information guys!
Ha! I am living about 5 mins from GBN and also attending it!
__________________
Collecting Cubs Prospects
ChicagoCubsWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
nmbran1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominator1977 View Post
What is the average cost of a box of The Cup? I know they are a little pricey.

Thank You,

Shaun
The Cup will typically run you anywhere between $340-$400 per box (which is one pack)
__________________
Currently collecting Darren Helm, Nick Lidstrom, BJ Raji, Aaron Rodgers, Greg Jennings, and Clay Matthews
nmbran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.