Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2009, 02:50 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
Tastes like chicken. Are you sitting in your Mom's basement in your underwear blogging on the Daily Kos with a tin-foil hat on your head. Is it fun? This must be the highlight of your miserable, pathetic, existence.

This thread was for fun. From time to time we go out and say outlandish things.

Occasionally we piss one another off. Usually not intentionally.

And once in a while we get to read the writings of a world class fool who likes to pretend that he/she is superior in hockey analysis... and maybe you are. Has it made you a bloody penny? I was a sports-writer for eight years and got paid for it. I was one of the better hockey analysts in the South (yeah, Mississippi, you get people reading your hockey articles in Mississippi you know you are pretty damn good, so I don't need your approval), and it was before the internet era, so if I wrote something ridiculous (and I did a couple of times) my phone would ring and someone would be ticked and I didn't have a computer to hide behind.

Now I'm still going to use this message board the way I always have. To b.s. with buddies and occasionally go out on a limb, and I'm not going to seek your approval because you have proven yourself to be a dolt.
Hey, chief. I'm still wondering what paper you wrote for about hockey that is read in 50 state and Canada... care to share? You pretty forward in mentioning it over and over, but you seem pretty reluctant to actually name the paper or show some work of yours.

It's also amusing to note that the crow comment wasn't even directed at you.
Bobcat88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:00 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat88 View Post
KaraandMelliesDaddy: why don't you explain why my predictions are ridiculous?

How's crow taste?
Wasn't directed at me? My mistake, I usually follow normal grammar rules.

From 1994 to 1998 I wrote for the Springfield Picayune, which is now defunct. From 1998 to 2001 I was a freelance writer for the AP
From 2001 to 2004 I was a hockey analyst for the Daily Mississippian while in law school. I was also the politics editor and was still freelancing for the AP, also for Reuters.

Are we done now? The DM archives only go back three years, so the only trace left of it is when John Donahoe, the President of the Catholic League, blasted my article on his web-site. Since he was the President of the Catholic League based in New York and I was writing in Starkville, Mississippi, its safe to surmise that my writing was being read in all 50 states, especially since I was an AP writer too.

I'm a lawyer now, and I get paid a lot more. Even in a down year like 2009 I'm on pace for $200K, so I will not go back to news writing. Any questions?
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:05 PM   #53 (permalink)

wow nash must love the jackets :/
mattfox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:07 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:

From 1994 to 1998 I wrote for the Springfield Picayune, which is now defunct. From 1998 to 2001 I was a freelance writer for the AP
From 2001 to 2004 I was a hockey analyst for the Daily Mississippian while in law school. I was also the politics editor and was still freelancing for the AP, also for Reuters.

Are we done now? The DM archives only go back three years, so the only trace left of it is when John Donahoe, the President of the Catholic League, blasted my article on his web-site. Since he was the President of the Catholic League based in New York and I was writing in Starkville, Mississippi, its safe to surmise that my writing was being read in all 50 states, especially since I was an AP writer too.

I'm a lawyer now, and I get paid a lot more. Even in a down year like 2009 I'm on pace for $200K, so I will not go back to news writing. Any questions?
If you re-read my post, I was citing you as evidence contrary to the thing I quoted... something I was consistent with all post. I did the same thing with ebicard above it.

Also, I'm glad you seem pretty happy with your salary and job. Good for you. But what you said about being read in all 50 states and Canada is just pure bs. "The Daily Mississippian, commonly called The DM, is the student newspaper of the University of Mississippi. It is operated as an independent student-run newspaper, and it is the only college newspaper in Mississippi that is published five times a week. With a circulation of 15,000." You were the hockey analyst for a college paper...
Old 07-04-2009, 03:11 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat88 View Post
If you re-read my post, I was citing you as evidence contrary to the thing I quoted... something I was consistent with all post. I did the same thing with ebicard above it.

Also, I'm glad you seem pretty happy with your salary and job. Good for you. But what you said about being read in all 50 states and Canada is just pure bs. "The Daily Mississippian, commonly called The DM, is the student newspaper of the University of Mississippi. It is operated as an independent student-run newspaper, and it is the only college newspaper in Mississippi that is published five times a week. With a circulation of 15,000." You were the hockey analyst for a college paper...
While in law school you twit, and while writing for the Associated Press. You take the opportunity you can get when you can get it. You find a bigger newspaper in Northern Mississippi (the Clarion Ledger is in Southern Mississippi) and then you can talk. The circulation on-line is much bigger than that.

I am done responding to you. You are welcome to shout to the hilltops how smart you think you are.

Last edited by frozenntimesports; 07-04-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:13 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattfox13 View Post
wow nash must love the jackets :/
I'd love them too if they gave me that contract. Now they have to sign Brassard to a long term deal and get a little more secondary scoring. Who am I kidding, they need a lot of help still, but Nash staying there might make it more likely that they can attract some of the better free agents. That team really needs a Brian Skrudland-type guy.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:14 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
USA Today? Hockey News? Come on and tell us who you wrote for.
The Daily Mississippian!!!!!!!!

ROFL.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:16 PM   #58 (permalink)

I'm sure there was a lot of competition for the hockey job on a college paper about Mississippi... when the following is true: NHL Players Born in Mississippi, United States - Hockey-Reference.com
Old 07-04-2009, 03:25 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
I agree. I think DP is going to be troublesome with the constant injuries. Maybe the Isles will buy him out and let him go.
If DP's knee goes out, who is out there that they can bring in? We might be able to contend for the last spot in the East this year, especially if Josh Bailey and Kyle Okposo continue to improve (hopefully no sophomore jinx), who is out there?
Old 07-04-2009, 03:25 PM   #60 (permalink)

just because no nhl players have come from mississippi doesnt mean there aint competition.......
Old 07-04-2009, 03:27 PM   #61 (permalink)

they have a 40yr year old roloson..... lol
Old 07-04-2009, 03:28 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
While in law school you twit, and while writing for the Associated Press. You take the opportunity you can get when you can get it. You find a bigger newspaper in Northern Mississippi (the Clarion Ledger is in Southern Mississippi) and then you can talk. The circulation on-line is much bigger than that.

I am done responding to you. You are welcome to shout to the hilltops how smart you think you are.
Site Profile for thedmonline.com (rank #257,044) | Compete

5,828 per month online. REAL BIG! I tried to find it on Alexa, but the site was ranked 984,813 on the internet so they didn't have data.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:30 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
just because no nhl players have come from mississippi doesnt mean there aint competition.......
No, that doesn't mean there's a lot of competition in itself... but the fact that the archives turn up ONE article about hockey shows that there isn't much interest or competition.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:30 PM   #64 (permalink)

having 1,000 people read something that you wrote is a pretty big achievement
Old 07-04-2009, 03:39 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
That's how many people went to the website over the entire month... needless to say, I'm sure most of them did not read his article given that there's a lot more content than just his article.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:02 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
I thought the tongue lashing that John Donahoe gave me was an achievement. Pissing off someone that well known.

Catholic League: For Religious and Civil Rights

I'd say that was the highlight of my short writing career. I emailed him and wanted to talk to him about it, but he never responded, I guess I was beneath him.

But this is a thread about hockey, so I guess Roloson is a patch on the Isles goaltending woes, I wonder if there is a way to get Justin Pogge out of Toronto.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:34 PM   #67 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
I thought the tongue lashing that John Donahoe gave me was an achievement. Pissing off someone that well known.

Catholic League: For Religious and Civil Rights

I'd say that was the highlight of my short writing career. I emailed him and wanted to talk to him about it, but he never responded, I guess I was beneath him.

But this is a thread about hockey, so I guess Roloson is a patch on the Isles goaltending woes, I wonder if there is a way to get Justin Pogge out of Toronto.
That 15 year deal for Ricky isn't lookin that good right now.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 06:48 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:

Are you David Kahn? (I think his middle name is Micheal, so DMK turns into...ta da! KaraandMelliesDaddy. Backwords, of course, to throw the masses off the scent.). And you being a lawyer from Mississippi really explains your superiority complex. And how is it a "down year" this year, or any year, for ambulance chasers? Last time I looked, people are still getting in accidents. Lawyer, please, go back to newswriting. At least then you had a respectable career, even though it paid much less. Oh, and guess what, my dope dealer is going to pull in over $200 G this year, too. The only difference between you and him is that you wear a suit.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:53 PM   #69 (permalink)

I'd like to issue a public appology to KMD. The above rant was uncalled for. I'm just a 97 year old cranky bastard with a bad taste in my mouth from laywers in general. I am sure KMD is a well respected individual in the community.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:00 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
Are you David Kahn? (I think his middle name is Micheal, so DMK turns into...ta da! KaraandMelliesDaddy. Backwords, of course, to throw the masses off the scent.). And you being a lawyer from Mississippi really explains your superiority complex. And how is it a "down year" this year, or any year, for ambulance chasers? Last time I looked, people are still getting in accidents. Lawyer, please, go back to newswriting. At least then you had a respectable career, even though it paid much less. Oh, and guess what, my dope dealer is going to pull in over $200 G this year, too. The only difference between you and him is that you wear a suit.
I'm not David Kahn, I don't know him either.

I went to Ole Miss. I'm a Philadelphia lawyer though. I don't think I have a superiority complex, but Philly lawyers are the best and I'm proud to be one.

I'm not an ambulance chaser, but I've thought about it and if you were in my shoes you would think about it too.

I do bankruptcy and mortgage foreclosure defense work, and so far it is a down year for me but there is still a chance to pick it up.

I don't wear a suit except to go to court. There is no reason for it. I'm the t-shirt and shorts or jeans lawyer in the area.

I don't sell dope, but you are certainly write like one.

I would leave this all in a second if the Marine Corps would take an injured JAG lawyer, but until those standards are relaxed, I will have to remain a civilian.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:01 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
That 15 year deal for Ricky isn't lookin that good right now.
Nope, wonder what Mika Noronen is doing these days.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:12 AM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm not David Kahn, I don't know him either.

I went to Ole Miss. I'm a Philadelphia lawyer though. I don't think I have a superiority complex, but Philly lawyers are the best and I'm proud to be one.

I'm not an ambulance chaser, but I've thought about it and if you were in my shoes you would think about it too.

I do bankruptcy and mortgage foreclosure defense work, and so far it is a down year for me but there is still a chance to pick it up.

I don't wear a suit except to go to court. There is no reason for it. I'm the t-shirt and shorts or jeans lawyer in the area.

I don't sell dope, but you are certainly write like one.

I would leave this all in a second if the Marine Corps would take an injured JAG lawyer, but until those standards are relaxed, I will have to remain a civilian.

You might not sell dope, but with grammer like that maybe you smoke it
Old 07-05-2009, 09:17 AM   #73 (permalink)

David Kahn is the Timberwolves' new GM. He started as a sports writer, went into law, then got into sports. If you get the right contacts, maybe your next stop could be kicking Garth Snow out the door. From what you write, I think you would have a better chance than he has had at turning them around.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:48 AM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
David Kahn is the Timberwolves' new GM. He started as a sports writer, went into law, then got into sports. If you get the right contacts, maybe your next stop could be kicking Garth Snow out the door. From what you write, I think you would have a better chance than he has had at turning them around.
Snowy is doing just fine IMO
Old 07-05-2009, 11:00 AM   #75 (permalink)

My goodness! Has this place suddenly become an elementary school playground? While reading a certain somebody's posts here (I wonder who it can be), all that ran through my mind after seeing the constant quotes and asinine responses was a song from one of my favorite Halloween episodes of the Simpsons. Just don't look, just don't look. Usually the big bad monster just tend to go away if you don't pay it any mind. If you can control yourself and not respond to a jerk, he will usually move on to find someone else to bother.
By the way, I love the wild predictions! You are wrong about one thing though, Booth will not score that many goals next season, it will happen in three seasons.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote