Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2009, 12:22 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
By the way, I love the wild predictions! You are wrong about one thing though, Booth will not score that many goals next season, it will happen in three seasons.
Fine, I'll stock up on all the Young Guns I can right now and in three years it will pay off.

Milan Hejduk scored 50 goals twice doing exactly what he does (planting himself in front of the goalie on the power play) and taking surprise shots, in the "New NHL" 60 is a reasonable target.

...and I still think Hossa comes into next season like a man possessed.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:23 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
My goodness! Has this place suddenly become an elementary school playground? While reading a certain somebody's posts here (I wonder who it can be), all that ran through my mind after seeing the constant quotes and asinine responses was a song from one of my favorite Halloween episodes of the Simpsons.
In the marines we would have asked if his mother had any children that lived, but clearly we already have the answer to that question.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:38 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
Nope, wonder what Mika Noronen is doing these days.
He is playing in Europe either in the KHL or for the professional league in Switzerland.
EGRHOCKEYFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:41 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
I thought the tongue lashing that John Donahoe gave me was an achievement. Pissing off someone that well known.

Catholic League: For Religious and Civil Rights

I'd say that was the highlight of my short writing career. I emailed him and wanted to talk to him about it, but he never responded, I guess I was beneath him.

But this is a thread about hockey, so I guess Roloson is a patch on the Isles goaltending woes, I wonder if there is a way to get Justin Pogge out of Toronto.
Brian Burke and the Maple Leafs don't believe Pogge is their goalie of the future and he is likely to be traded or become a UFA next summer.
EGRHOCKEYFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 04:51 PM   #80 (permalink)

Well if the Hossa signing wasn't questionable, this little gaff may result in a pink slip in the Hawk's front office. If Barker and Versteeg become UFAs and either jump ship or totally send the Hawk's cap situation out of whack because offers were not tendered in time whats the timetable on a GM spot opening up in Chicago ? Kind of a nonsense rule but players have profited from it in the past. Will be interesting to see how this plays out because you know the NHL wants a team that puts butts in the seats in a market like Chicago.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:22 PM   #81 (permalink)

I hope that Barker and Versteeg stay with the Blackhawks. They are only a goalie away from being able to win it all. But then again, teams have won the Cup with lesser goalies than Huet in the past.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote