Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 02:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to allhockey
Default NHL Free Agency - 1 July

Sedin twins re ink back up with Vancouver- 5 yrs- not all that surprising I suppose.......not sure anyone else would have wanted both of them.......
allhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

Welcome to the Blackhawks Hossa !!!! 12 year deal. Hope we can still re-sign Kane and Towes next year.
murphy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

yeah, too much would be locked up for two point a game players. wow roloson didn't retire.....

Last edited by mattfox13; 07-01-2009 at 03:40 PM.
mattfox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

I really hope the Hawks can keep Kane and Toews. I'm sure Tallon wouldn't let them go.
MotorBoatinSOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS

Hawks get Hossa AND the great young center. Hes a Sammy Pahulson 5 years younger!

If Tallon dosnt ink Toews and Kane, Hawks wouldnt be good in long run
Old 07-01-2009, 05:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Did that pimply, scraggly bearded bum Gaborik sign yet?
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoCubsWS View Post
Hawks get Hossa AND the great young center. Hes a Sammy Pahulson 5 years younger!

If Tallon dosnt ink Toews and Kane, Hawks wouldnt be good in long run
So you can expect to see the Hawks lose the next dozen years in the finals, huh?
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:17 PM   #8 (permalink)

I know in the past the 'Hawks had a history of letting good young talent get away, but I think this ownership has a different point of view. Hossa is a great signing, I just question the 12-year part. Either way, none of this will be any good for the long run without Kane and Toews, I agree...
Old 07-01-2009, 06:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

They should have enough room for Kane and Toews they are gonna drop Khabibulin and Havlat
Old 07-01-2009, 06:38 PM   #10 (permalink)

Gotta find a goalie in a year or so too...
Old 07-01-2009, 06:44 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddvw123abc View Post
They should have enough room for Kane and Toews they are gonna drop Khabibulin and Havlat
They arnt gonna drop khabi, they are working on a 2 yr deal with him I heard. W/o Khabi, we are toast unless crawford has some miracle happen and hes the next Tim Thomas...
Old 07-01-2009, 06:45 PM   #12 (permalink)

This just in off the wire.......In an attempt to secure a place in next year's Winter Classic at Fenway, the Blues have signed goalie Ty "I like to play outside in the cold" Conklin.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:57 PM   #13 (permalink)

Um....Khabibulin just signed a 4-year deal with the Oilers. Who's our goalie in Chicago??? Huet for now???
Old 07-01-2009, 07:23 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
Um....Khabibulin just signed a 4-year deal with the Oilers. Who's our goalie in Chicago??? Huet for now???
Huet can be a #1 goaltender, I wouldn't worry about that one, and you still have Corey Crawford in the system, and I hear he is a hell of a goalie.

The Hossa deal is smart if he doesn't tail off, which he shows no signs of. He's a 40 goal player who will be centered by Jonathan Toews and have Patty Kane on the wing. Other than Sid and Evgeni, it doesn't get better in this league.

Off the wall prediction: Marian Hossa shows up to camp on a mission and chases Ovechkin and David Booth (other off the wall prediction) for the goal scoring lead. Race ends:

1. Hossa 64
2. Ovechkin 62
3. Booth 61
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:41 PM   #15 (permalink)

I love Khabibulin, but I hate that he signed with the *ugh* Oilers. I predict good things for Chicago offensively next season with Hossa being signed.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:36 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
Huet can be a #1 goaltender, I wouldn't worry about that one, and you still have Corey Crawford in the system, and I hear he is a hell of a goalie.

The Hossa deal is smart if he doesn't tail off, which he shows no signs of. He's a 40 goal player who will be centered by Jonathan Toews and have Patty Kane on the wing. Other than Sid and Evgeni, it doesn't get better in this league.

Off the wall prediction: Marian Hossa shows up to camp on a mission and chases Ovechkin and David Booth (other off the wall prediction) for the goal scoring lead. Race ends:

1. Hossa 64
2. Ovechkin 62
3. Booth 61
HAHAHA. That's one of the most absurd things I've read all month. You think David Booth will score more GOALS next year than he had POINTS this year? Nobody in the NHL not named Ovechkin scored more than 46 goals this year... and all of a sudden, Booth and Hossa will be in the 60's? Not happening. Period.
Bobcat88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:42 PM   #17 (permalink)

Islanders Sign Dwayne Roloson
Lightning Sign Mattius Ohland

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:33 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
Did that pimply, scraggly bearded bum Gaborik sign yet?
Gaborik signed with the Rangers just moments ago.
EGRHOCKEYFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:39 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
Islanders Sign Dwayne Roloson
Lightning Sign Mattius Ohland
It would have not cost much for the Canucks to retain Ohlund if they really wanted to keep him. I believe they didin't want him after 11 seasons.

Since Roloson is now signed with the Isles, who is the NO #! goalie? They have 7 million invested in goaltending and two No 1 goalies. He must be a back up plan in case DiPietro doesn't play this season or gets hurt again.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:26 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGRHOCKEYFAN View Post
Since Roloson is now signed with the Isles, who is the NO #! goalie? They have 7 million invested in goaltending and two No 1 goalies. He must be a back up plan in case DiPietro doesn't play this season or gets hurt again.
I'm worried DP's knee is a degenerative problem and that could be a career killer.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
Old 07-02-2009, 12:33 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm worried DP's knee is a degenerative problem and that could be a career killer.
I agree. I think DP is going to be troublesome with the constant injuries. Maybe the Isles will buy him out and let him go.

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:38 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat88 View Post
HAHAHA. That's one of the most absurd things I've read all month. You think David Booth will score more GOALS next year than he had POINTS this year? Nobody in the NHL not named Ovechkin scored more than 46 goals this year... and all of a sudden, Booth and Hossa will be in the 60's? Not happening. Period.
I told you it was off the wall. Not sure it was absurd though. I'm stocking up on David Booth rookie cards at the moment... maybe I should have just shut up about it.

Anyway, new deals signed.

Bouwmeester signs with Calgary Bouwmeester gives Flames top-notch defence corps

Havlat signs with the Wild Havlat signs six-year, $30M deal with Wild

Madden signs with the Blackhawks Madden signs one-year deal with Blackhawks

Cammalleri signs with the Canadiens Canadiens sign sniper Cammalleri for five years

Anderson signs with Colorado Report: Avalanche ink goaltender Anderson

plus we already know about Gaborik to the Rangers and Hossa to the Blackhawks, as well as Gomez to the Canadiens.

Bouwmeester Analysis: If they keep Phaneuf, the Flames defense and power play gets real scary. They lost Cammalleri but they can plug in a decent shooter with Iginla and he'll score goals. Kipper is one year older and time is running out on this team to win a Stanley Cup, so they loaded up for bear this year. (Over Under 60 points/ Under

Havlat Analysis: Wild replaced one injury prone winger with an attitude problem for another injury prone winger with an attitude problem. Havlat is morphing into a sandpaper type player who can score a lot of goals too. I can't tell you how many times I considered racking an opponent in a game, but Havlat has done it. If he stays healthy playing with Koivu he is going to rack up a ton of points. (Over Under 60 games/ Under)

Madden Analysis: A center to take pressure off of John Toews (who showed it late last season) and a penalty kill expert. I think this move, even more than Hossa, makes Chicago a contender. (Over Under 10 Short Handed Goals/ Over)

Cammalleri Analysis: Meh, the quietest 65 points scored in a season for a while now, we keep expecting more and keep getting disappointed. I'm not sure where he even fits on this team.(Over Under 80 points/ Under)

Anderson Analysis: He's the de facto #1 goaltender in Colorado unless Budaj shows up this year, in that case its up to the Avs whether or not they want to have another Budaj Call (sorry, couldn't resist). (Over Under 30 wins/ Over)

Gaborik Analysis: See Havlat analysis, only Gaborik seems to be a softer player... and he single handedly f--ked up my fantasy hockey team this year, so he's dead to me, dead I tell you. (Over Under 30 goals/ Under)

Hossa Analysis: I see a 60 goal season coming riding shotgun with John Toews on the power play, just don't expect much in the playoffs, he's starting to be the A-Rod of hockey, minus the steroids, the fling with Madonna, and the media circus that follows him around. Great regular season stats with mediocre playoff results. (Over Under 50 goals/ over)

Gomez Analysis: And the first GM fired in 2009-10 is? (Over Under 30 Games Before he wears out his welcome/ Under)
Old 07-03-2009, 02:28 PM   #23 (permalink)

The Red Wings just lost Mikael Samuelsson to Vancouver when he signed a 3 year deal today. I haven't heard anything about Mike komersarek and the Pavel Kubina trade that allowed Burke to sign Komersarek.

Scuderi signed with the Kings on Friday for 4 years too.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:08 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGRHOCKEYFAN View Post
The Red Wings just lost Mikael Samuelsson to Vancouver when he signed a 3 year deal today. I haven't heard anything about Mike komersarek and the Pavel Kubina trade that allowed Burke to sign Komersarek.

Scuderi signed with the Kings on Friday for 4 years too.

I still think Toronto is going to blow next year, is that analysis sufficient?
Old 07-03-2009, 03:20 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:

1. Hossa 64
2. Ovechkin 62
3. Booth 61
What are you smoking?
Hossa 64? come on maybe 44
Ovechkin.. sure you never know 55-65
Booth? David Booth? LOL 35-40 Maybe