Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 12:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alaska
Posts: 2,647
Default I have a sealed 05-06 6box cup case .. what to do??

DO I bust or sell and I am not even sure if I want to bust it.... UGHHH
I dont want to sell it box by box but rather as a whole case if I sell it..
Idk thoughts on value?
__________________
The righteous pay a sacrifice to get what they deserve.

Last edited by thor_rider08; 05-29-2013 at 08:31 PM.
thor_rider08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,854
Default

Sealed 6 box case of 05/06 will probably net you around 5-6K im guessing
__________________


anusinha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,394
Default

BUST!!!!! it.
hermanotarjeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Army19K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Traverse City, MI
Posts: 1,165
Default

I say sell it, the 2 big RCs dont sell near as well as they once did, and there are some huge redemptions in there that would suck to pull being expired.
Army19K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Huntington Beach CA
Posts: 6,806
Default

Save that baby until Crosby is healthy and playing like his old self and then sell. Do not sell now, hockey is on the back burner now. That's awesome you have the self restraint to not bust it.
__________________
WHOOOOO DEEEEEEEEEEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PC - Bilal Powell autos, Jordan Todman 1/1 autos, and Josh Portis
Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Dobber2330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oswego, IL
Posts: 2,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusinha View Post
Sealed 6 box case of 05/06 will probably net you around 5-6K im guessing
Last ones I saw sell went in the $3k-$3.5K range

I know someone who sent a case of it that was sold on Ebay. The buyer got it , claimed that it was resealed because he was not happy with what he had pulled, filed an Ebay claim and won - returned most of the cards that were in the case (minus a couple of cards) and got all of their money back.
Dobber2330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alaska
Posts: 2,647
Default

Mine is still sealed with a faded proof of purchase. Def would be a bank wire or cashiers check as I dont sell on ebay
__________________
The righteous pay a sacrifice to get what they deserve.
thor_rider08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Dobber2330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oswego, IL
Posts: 2,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor_rider08 View Post
Mine is still sealed with a faded proof of purchase. Def would be a bank wire or cashiers check as I dont sell on ebay
I am sure that with your low feedback that someone would be willing to wire you $4k and pray that a package showed up.....
Dobber2330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alaska
Posts: 2,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobber2330 View Post
I am sure that with your low feedback that someone would be willing to wire you $4k and pray that a package showed up.....
Cool I did not know you knew me oh so well.
I will give you the benefit of the doubt.
The reason I dont have a high feedback is b/c bmwdroptop
SELLS ALL OF MY STUFF FOR ME.

villanovavu | eBay

He also buys the majority of the stuff I want since I do not use paypal and travel more then I would like to.
He would be the one brokering the deal for me.

The people here I have bought and sold with have had no issue ever.
Even though my feedback may be low I can asure you I have done more then 12 deals on here.

FWIW.

Oh and here is my limited feedback but please note my blake griffin rpa sales.. THAT DID GO THROUGH
eBay Feedback Profile for ridemm08
__________________
The righteous pay a sacrifice to get what they deserve.

Last edited by thor_rider08; 10-08-2012 at 06:20 PM.
thor_rider08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
mortuus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 389
Default

i dont see why anyone would buy a sealed case of cup now i mean all the hits are long gone, forget any rookies of crosby or ovechking or whatever.. whats left are cards nobody wants to pull haha.
mortuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Army19K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Traverse City, MI
Posts: 1,165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor_rider08 View Post
I will give you the benefit of the doubt.
The reason I dont have a high feedback is b/c bmwdroptop
SELLS ALL OF MY STUFF FOR ME.

villanovavu | eBay

He also buys the majority of the stuff I want since I do not use paypal and travel more then I would like to.
He would be the one brokering the deal for me.

The people here I have bought and sold with have had no issue ever.
Even though my feedback may be low I can asure you I have done more then 12 deals on here.

FWIW.

Oh and here is my limited feedback but please note my blake griffin rpa sales.. THAT DID GO THROUGH
eBay Feedback Profile for ridemm08
I still doubt that anybody would just wire you 4k, while I am not calling you a scammer, there is just way too much of it going on these days.
Army19K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Army19K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Traverse City, MI
Posts: 1,165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortuus View Post
i dont see why anyone would buy a sealed case of cup now i mean all the hits are long gone, forget any rookies of crosby or ovechking or whatever.. whats left are cards nobody wants to pull haha.
There are still a few bigs in there, not all 99 RCs of Crosby and Ovechkin have been pulled, but no, I would not buy a case of it anymore, unless I got it for under 2k.
Army19K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
ZappBrannigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CANADA
Posts: 528
Default

Just bust it and hope for the best.
ZappBrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
Save that baby until Crosby is healthy and playing like his old self and then sell. Do not sell now, hockey is on the back burner now. That's awesome you have the self restraint to not bust it.
Profit wise this will be your best move. No point in selling it now
seanob22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dolyestown Pa
Posts: 1,022
Default 05-06 Cup

If you do break it. make sure you video the whole case clearly. Just incase you get alot of redemptions, you can send Upper Deck the Video and maybe just maybe they will compensate you for your loses. But good luck with it, wish I had it. The Crosby rookie in that year is on my bucket list before I die. My favorite Sid card and wouldnt even mide a Ovi. Good luck to you. Nevermind the ebay stuff, I have low feedback. Its not always the seller out there. Alot of crude people buy stuff and arent happy with it, so they start claims on good people. Hater love to hate
cardboardkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 6,916
Default

Bust it and hope for the best

Hitting the right card and you got $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
ajscards101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
trapstar92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 427
Default

I'll give you $2k for it right now.
__________________
PC: John Gibson (Anaheim Ducks prospect)
trapstar92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:37 AM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
dmogull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY/NJ
Posts: 3,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army19K View Post
I still doubt that anybody would just wire you 4k, while I am not calling you a scammer, there is just way too much of it going on these days.
call me crazy but I wired a guy I never met $8k and it worked out perfectly although I got pretty paranoid when he gave the express# and it didn't work...turns out he forgot a digit

although I should prob mention I had a nice long phone convo with him and was told by him he was the brother of a BIG ebay seller and this was a couple weeks before the National and he said he would be there....

of course all of that could have been blatant lies, but it all turned out true and now the seller and I are good friends....
__________________
Currently looking for MJ Exquisite GU autos
dmogull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:43 AM   #19 (permalink)
Boo
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 3,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmogull View Post
call me crazy but I wired a guy I never met $8k and it worked out perfectly although I got pretty paranoid when he gave the express# and it didn't work...turns out he forgot a digit

although I should prob mention I had a nice long phone convo with him and was told by him he was the brother of a BIG ebay seller and this was a couple weeks before the National and he said he would be there....

of course all of that could have been blatant lies, but it all turned out true and now the seller and I are good friends....
So crazy and stupid mean the same thing these days? Something I would never do, glad it worked out for you.
__________________
CheckOutMyCards ID = klay22

http://s1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/klay22/
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:05 AM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
dmogull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY/NJ
Posts: 3,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
So crazy and stupid mean the same thing these days? Something I would never do, glad it worked out for you.
agreed, it was not the most prudent thing to do, but I got very excited when that card became available as it never comes to the market.....
__________________
Currently looking for MJ Exquisite GU autos
dmogull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:27 AM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
cardozo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 4,920
Default

I would crack it open.....
__________________
New signature to follow shortly.........
cardozo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
mortuus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 389
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardozo View Post
I would crack it open.....
really? i would sell it to anyone that dares to buy it today.
mortuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:33 AM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
barob72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 503
Default

Didn't someone mention expired redemptions? And we are talking about UD so redemptions should be a plenty. Common deduction would scream SELL, SELL, SELL!
barob72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:12 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,394
Default

I can't believe you haven't opened it yet.

crack it now!!!
hermanotarjeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:00 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Hagaman42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Butler, PA
Posts: 1,577
Default

I have the Crosby rookie from this set....I will trade you the Crosby for the case and I will break the case on YouTube....
__________________
PC Players: Sidney Crosby, Andrew McCutchen, Ben Roethlisberger, Michael Jordan
PC Teams: Pittsburgh Penguins, Pittsburgh Pirates, Pittsburgh Steelers
Photobucket: http://s1171.photobucket.com/albums/r546/PittsburghBoxBreaks/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/PittsburghBoxBreaks?feature=mhee
Hagaman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.