Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   HOCKEY (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/hockey/)
-   -   Scott Hartnell good signer not a douche? (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/hockey/381558-scott-hartnell-good-signer-not-douche.html)

frozenntimesports 10-10-2012 10:24 PM

Scott Hartnell good signer not a douche?

Mellie wants to take her super-special Scott Hartnell card to Philly to get it signed after a game (whenever that happens).

I don't know his habits or have heard anything bad. I don't want Mellie's first experience meeting a pro hockey player to be a bad one.

Does anyone know how this guy is? Mellie is 6. A player being a butthole would break her heart right now.

jt16 10-10-2012 10:43 PM

[QUOTE=KaraandMelliesDaddy;3453650]Mellie wants to take her super-special Scott Hartnell card to Philly to get it signed after a game (whenever that happens).

I don't know his habits or have heard anything bad. I don't want Mellie's first experience meeting a pro hockey player to be a bad one.

Does anyone know how this guy is? Mellie is 6. A player being a butthole would break her heart right now.[/QUOTE]

Hartnell is a very nice guy. Not sure about getting his autograph after the game because the players enter the Wachovia center under the stadium. Nobody can get down there. I am a season ticket holder and the Flyers have different events where season ticket holder can meet the players. If that happens this year I will get it signed for her.

If you do catch him, I think he would sign no problem.

ryanvas 10-10-2012 10:43 PM

You might have a better shot after a practice. I know they use to practice in/by Vorhees, NJ, not sure if they still do or if they are open to the public.

My sister had some luck with Devils signing after a skate/practice years ago.

Haven't heard either way about Hartnell.

frozenntimesports 10-10-2012 10:47 PM

Didn't realize they didn't sign at the game anymore. Its been a while since I've been an autograph hound, and that was in New York... we'd just wait at the diner across the street from the Coliseum.

The good old days when they didn't have to be worried about crazy people.

pnft17 10-10-2012 10:57 PM

I think he is really good ttm if you send to practice rink complex.

sportsstuff87 10-10-2012 11:42 PM

Hartsy is the man!! Iv met him a couple times. He doesnt stop to sign a whole lot however, especially after games. Take her to a practice at the skate zone and have her make a sign for him, he'll for sure see it. He doesnt stop to much after practices to sign but give it a shot. I would def go to a practice before a game for sigs.

njbadapple 10-11-2012 06:40 AM

Hartnell is known for being a really really nice guy, despite being a nightmare on the ice lol. He's more into the fans than any other Flyer I'd say, and more so than most in the league. I haven't personally met him, but my brother had press passes for almost 10 years & he got into the locker-room for post game interviews and was able to chat it up with MANY Flyers over that time, including Hartnell.

He says Hartnell was one of his favorites, an incredibly funny guy as well. Great choice on the person for your daughter to meet :) Plus, Hartnell has around 3 kids of his own; if I'm not mistaken.

frozenntimesports 10-11-2012 08:01 AM

[QUOTE=njbadapple;3454862]He says Hartnell was one of his favorites, an incredibly funny guy as well. Great choice on the person for your daughter to meet :) Plus, Hartnell has around 3 kids of his own; if I'm not mistaken.[/QUOTE]

He helped her get over Richie and Carter (Kara is still upset a year later).

Mellie will yell "Hartnell down!" at the appropriate times too. It really is quite entertaining.

avjp87 10-11-2012 08:27 AM

yeah, they don't sign after games anymore like others said.

But Hartnell is one of the nicest athletes I've come in contact with. It sucks they're locked out cause i'd tell yah go to the skate zone in voorhees where they practice, that would be the best chance at getting one.

rhcardinals3 10-11-2012 11:42 AM

As mentioned above - Hartnell is a really good signer TTM.

dashcounter 10-11-2012 08:33 PM

im assuming its more about the experience than the autograph so go after practice with a sign and dont do it TTM