Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2012, 10:04 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Keep an eye out for this card please USPS lost it.....

I shipped to Willcvincent on the 10th and the post offices in his area know nothing about it. It was insured and tracking info has been provided. It said it made it to the Wichita area and never went any further it is # 22/35, thanks guys!

I like anything that I've never seen before, I can't really place my finger on it..... Wow me if I have something you want. Wil Myers, Mike Zunino, Mike "Giancarlo" Stanton, Stamkos, Longoria, Josh Freeman, Lecavalier, Martin St. Louis. And the regulars, Hofer's from any sport. Bucket.... http://s860.photobucket.com/albums/ab166/aquzuqa/
houseofcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #2 (permalink)

wow a package just mysterious dissapears? guess someone at the post office is crazy for gretzky... was it insured for the price sold ? Its clearly someone took it at that place but you cant loose money on this or....
mortuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:07 AM   #3 (permalink)

yea it was a trade so i dont know how we go about getting the money for it.....
I like anything that I've never seen before, I can't really place my finger on it..... Wow me if I have something you want. Wil Myers, Mike Zunino, Mike "Giancarlo" Stanton, Stamkos, Longoria, Josh Freeman, Lecavalier, Martin St. Louis. And the regulars, Hofer's from any sport. Bucket.... http://s860.photobucket.com/albums/ab166/aquzuqa/
Old 10-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

How can they lose an insured package with a tracking number? Neuman must have drove the USPS truck across state lines to cash in his empties with your package in the truck. Just lousy service for sure.
ZappBrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

How much was it insured for?
Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

I insured it for 400....
Old 10-20-2012, 06:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

So why can't you just get the 400 bucks from the PO that lost your package
Old 10-20-2012, 07:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

There are like 40 hoops to jump through it is not a very streamlined process, I filed an online claim this morning and they want proof of value but I don't necessarily have it because it was a trade not a sale...... I'm waiting to see where this goes on Monday.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofcards View Post
There are like 40 hoops to jump through it is not a very streamlined process, I filed an online claim this morning and they want proof of value but I don't necessarily have it because it was a trade not a sale...... I'm waiting to see where this goes on Monday.
What the hell does proof of value have to do with anything? You paid for the 400 dollar insurance? So tell them they lost the package and you want your money?
Old 10-20-2012, 08:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

Yeah, it's totally lost. I called the Wichita PO and they told me what I knew from the tracking - it departed from Wichita. I asked the Wichita PO to take a look, they came up with nothing. I called the Hutchinson PO and they looked and had my route driver look also - nothing came up. I got two LCS in Wichita on the look out for it. There's none in Hutchinson. If all else fails Alex gets the insurance money and sends it to me, trade complete.

First time I've had a package stolen or lost buy/sell/trade, I guess it will happen eventually.

A BIG to Alex for working with me on this, I am sure he's just as pissed at USPS as I am

In search of 2006 NT cut autos of George Halas, Ernie Nevers, and Dutch Clark
willcvincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
What the hell does proof of value have to do with anything? You paid for the 400 dollar insurance? So tell them they lost the package and you want your money?
If this were the case, you would have too many cases of insurance fraud.

But I totally agree with you. You can use eBay sales as a proof of value.
Romans 1:16 #unashamed
PC: Brandon Marshall
Combined Feedbacks on Ebay+SCF=300+=100%(All Positive)
PDawson21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #12 (permalink)

Yes sir, I'm very unhappy I have anything to do with this at all but I will do all that I can to resolve it as I did take the necessary steps to ensure we wouldn't be left without a paddle in case this scenario became a reality, and no problem Will, I'm surprised you've kept your cool, I would be at the post office every minute...lol
Old 10-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDawson21 View Post
If this were the case, you would have too many cases of insurance fraud.

But I totally agree with you. You can use eBay sales as a proof of value.
oh you can? even if it is not your auction?
Old 10-20-2012, 08:30 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofcards View Post
oh you can? even if it is not your auction?
I would believe so. They just need to know you arent over inflating your value, and yes, that could be abused by a shilled auction as well but they have to use something.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:53 PM   #15 (permalink)

Ok, cool well that makes me feel better I don't want either of us to get shafted on the deal.....
Old 10-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

If I Can't get the $400 for the insurance I paid for then why do I pay for it? Why wouldn't I just pay for the cheapest insurance and show that the value was $1000?
Old 10-20-2012, 08:59 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
If I Can't get the $400 for the insurance I paid for then why do I pay for it? Why wouldn't I just pay for the cheapest insurance and show that the value was $1000?
You can only be covered UP to the amount you paid.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDawson21 View Post
You can only be covered UP to the amount you paid.
So why can't he just get the money for the card they lost if he paid for the 400 for insurance
Old 10-20-2012, 10:14 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
So why can't he just get the money for the card they lost if he paid for the 400 for insurance
I couldnt agree more Chaz, but you know the government and anything that has to do with them, there are 50 people who know what to do but nobody wants to get anything done in a timely manner so they make you jump through an additional 50 hoops with no avail, I don't like hwere this is going.... I hope it all works out though.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:29 PM   #20 (permalink)

This is why I never buy insurance on items. This time it could possibly come in handy, but to pay an extra $6 or whatever for $400 insurance is a ripoff, especially when you have to jump through hoops to get the money back when your item is lost. You shouldn't have to prove anything.....

The odds of your item getting "lost" are more like 1 in 1000 AT WORST which makes the insurance worth 40 cents....

F INSURANCE. shady practice
mcgahee21nfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:32 PM   #21 (permalink)

I had a 250 dollars item stolen through the mail. It was insured. Had my money back in 1.5 weeks.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:02 AM   #22 (permalink)

Thats a sweet card. I know you are protected with insurance but like you said it takes forever and you get the post office runaround. Just a thought but that big insurance sticker they put on the package is a dead give away that there is something valuable in the package. Why else would it be insured? Try using Fedex on highend deals. Yes you will pay out the wazoo but you may get more personal treatment when it comes to a customer service issue. At the post office they cant you out the door fast enough. They just do not care. Some postal worker stole a package from a member on here before. The cards were seriel numbered so the seller and buyer knew the numbers. The package dissapeared and the cards were for sale on Ebay a week later by someone who it turns out works at the post office the cards went thru. A background check revealed the guy had already been criminally convicted of stealing another very,very expensive package with an antique gun in it I believe. Are you ready for the kicker? The guy still works at the post office. Can you imagine.

Last edited by cking; 10-21-2012 at 12:08 AM.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #23 (permalink)

Got to give it a bump. Keep your eyes out for this card

In search of 2006 NT cut autos of George Halas, Ernie Nevers, and Dutch Clark
willcvincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:26 PM   #24 (permalink)

gotta keep this alive