Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 10:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Winter Classic To Be Cancelled This Week

That's it folks, that's the season right there. Reports have it that the Winter Classic will be cancelled this Thursday.

IMO if the Winter Classic is cancelled, the season is gone for sure.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Yup. Unfortunately, most of us are not suprised.
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

I think i'm already over it.

I don't expect to see any hockey til late 2013.
hermanotarjeta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yes season is over !! The money lost by the players and lg is on them. But i really wish that every season ticket holder would demand back all of there money . Also ask for intrest. Since the season is gone maybe that loss of money the lg is banking right now and making intrest on will hurt them. I also hope that NBC and all the advertisers start asking for money back or to cancel deals.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

One of these times the Hockey Fans are not going to come back.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Awesome news. The pigs will not get fed tonight...
Major_League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:24 PM   #7 (permalink)

Fehr has players brainwashed. The 50/50 deal was as good as it was going to get. Now they will miss the season. Players lose a year and will get a even worse deal next year and revenue going to be way down. Roll back could be even more.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

Should be some awesome Classic Games on some of the networks..........you know like when Bobby Orr was making 40 grand a year and Moose Dupont was jumping over the boards to pound some unlucky fan.
ZappBrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

Flyers are giving me 2% on my 5k...I am thinking about canceling my tickets. I think I will regret once they start back up...just not sure what to do.
jt16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt16 View Post
Flyers are giving me 2% on my 5k...I am thinking about canceling my tickets. I think I will regret once they start back up...just not sure what to do.
Most teams are doing this - paying a simple interest rate to leave your money on account with them. I know they are doing that here - different rate I believe - but same theory.
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
Most teams are doing this - paying a simple interest rate to leave your money on account with them. I know they are doing that here - different rate I believe - but same theory.
Pens are giving 3%, which is quite low IMO to hold nearly 10k for a year...Just my opinion tho
dusty1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:03 PM   #12 (permalink)

We must hold out for more.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnft17 View Post
Fehr has players brainwashed. The 50/50 deal was as good as it was going to get. Now they will miss the season. Players lose a year and will get a even worse deal next year and revenue going to be way down. Roll back could be even more.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:22 PM   #13 (permalink)

4% was the offer here - got my refund instead.

should have came up with an offer that would have shared in the HRR of my 2 seats at a 50/50 rate for the next 7 seasons.....darn!
Oilers1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #14 (permalink)

Decided to support the local AHL team instead - Providence Bruins. Great games to see as they're the future.
goalie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:03 PM   #15 (permalink)

can we cancel betmans contract ?

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:54 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty1218 View Post
Pens are giving 3%, which is quite low IMO to hold nearly 10k for a year...Just my opinion tho
put that money in the bank and see what you get.3% is great.
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:24 AM   #17 (permalink)

by keeping money with the teams your still helping them make money off it. They really aren't losing anything off you. If everyone asks for a refund now then it would change the lgs mind on this lockout.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:53 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnft17 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
We must hold out for more.....

They're not asking for more or holding out. The players wanted to start the season under the expired CBA and continue negotiations. Obviously the NHL couldn't let that happen because they wanted the players union to feel the loss of paychecks and cave again. The NHLPA admits they are willing to accept some reductions but not get bent over again like last time. The owners aren't going broke, NHL revenues went from 2.2 billion to 3.3 billion since the last lockout. That pretty significant growth over a 7 year period.

Owners, led by Bettman, are asking for far too much up front in player concessions. Granted Fehr isn't the easiest person to negotiate with but there has to be some give and take. The first proposals by the NHL were ridiculous, low ball offers that were pure nonsense. The last one sent with 50/50 revenue split was the first one that was borderline realistic and the NHLPA responded with three counter offers. From everything I've read, the NHL rejected all of them in less than 15 minutes. Why not counter their counter instead of taking your ball and going home ? That's not negotiating, that's pretty much the NHL knowing they still have all the stroke and bullying the NHLPA once again. The entire "make whole" provision was an absolute joke in which the players would be basically paying their own contracts out of their revenue share.

The last thing anyone wants is the league to lose another full season but I understand why the NHLPA is listening to Fehr and not allowing the NHL to walk all over them again. Daly and Fehr met again and from what I've read the league made some concessions including changing the absurd make whole provision to now come out of their pockets. Lets hope this is the beginning of a settlement.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote