Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 10:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default A light in these dark hockey times....

"A great light shone in the East and the messenger said unto them "Fear not, for behold, I announce to you glad tidings of great joy, which shall be to all members"." --Griswold 3:20

He is coming.....prepare.
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:48 AM   #2 (permalink)

Shouldn't that read, "Fehr not ..."
barob72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:55 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

"Hey. If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here...with a big ribbon on his head! And I want to look him straight in the eye, and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey #@#@#@#@ he is! Hallelujah! Holy #@#@#@#@! Where's the Tylenol?"
Old 10-31-2012, 10:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by barob72 View Post
Shouldn't that read, "Fehr not ..."
That part is Old Testament, where he tempts the players on the mountain saying "all this can be yours if you will just bow down to me"
Old 10-31-2012, 11:05 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post
That part is Old Testament, where he tempts the players on the mountain saying "all this can be yours if you will just bow down to me"
now that's funny.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
"A great light shone in the East and the messenger said unto them "Fear not, for behold, I announce to you glad tidings of great joy, which shall be to all members"." --Griswold 3:20
Even the worst among us? Those who sin against us all? The lowest of low ballers? The thinnest of the thin skinned? The filthy masses of infidels that frequent the basketball section?

Last edited by ilovethelakings; 10-31-2012 at 12:49 PM.
ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
XL5

Light in the East.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:20 PM   #8 (permalink)

Want to hear an entire re-write of the Dr. Suess Classic "The Grinch who stole the Winter Classic"
Oilers1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:33 PM   #9 (permalink)

The greatest of lights will be the ones shining on Bettman at the press conference announcing his "stepping down" as commish (owners would let him save some face by not firing his sorry asz). How can the owners allow this short sighted power monger to preside over their league, a league that has had TWO lockouts in less than a decade. TWO !!!! Can you really allow him to wipe out another entire season from the NHL history books ??? I know there are owners that want this over and games being played but are listening to him and a handful of owners including Philly's very own, Ed (I believe Stepford Flyers fans will be back no matter what) Snider.

This is a disgrace, I'm fed up and I hope people don't flock back to arenas, especially in the major markets, when they decide to play again.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:38 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
The greatest of lights will be the ones shining on Bettman at the press conference announcing his "stepping down" as commish (owners would let him save some face by not firing his sorry asz). How can the owners allow this short sighted power monger to preside over their league, a league that has had TWO lockouts in less than a decade. TWO !!!! Can you really allow him to wipe out another entire season from the NHL history books ??? I know there are owners that want this over and games being played but are listening to him and a handful of owners including Philly's very own, Ed (I believe Stepford Flyers fans will be back no matter what) Snider.

This is a disgrace, I'm fed up and I hope people don't flock back to arenas, especially in the major markets, when they decide to play again.
Preach brother!
Old 10-31-2012, 04:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
Even the worst among us? Those who sin against us all? The lowest of low ballers? The thinnest of the thin skinned? The filthy masses of infidels that frequent the basketball section?
Dammit Kings, now you're going to have Eddie up all night thinking about that;
Old 10-31-2012, 06:22 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:

He is coming.....prepare.

in what movie did Clark Griswold say that??
duwal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:23 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers1980 View Post
Want to hear an entire re-write of the Dr. Suess Classic "The Grinch who stole the Winter Classic"
If I get some time, I might take a stab at this. Cindy-Lou Who would have to be some type of play on Sidney Crosby's name in this version of the tale. Perhaps Sid the Kid Fan? In the meantime, how about a taste of the beginning and the very end?

Every Fan,
Down in Fan-ville
Liked hockey a lot

But the Commish,
Who worked in the Big Apple
Did NOT!

The Commish hated hockey! The whole hockey season!
From October to early June. No one quite knows the reason.

The very end:

...HE HIMSELF...!
The Commish dropped the first puck!

Last edited by ilovethelakings; 11-01-2012 at 02:36 AM.
ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:51 AM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
If I get some time, I might take a stab at this. Cindy-Lou Who would have to be some type of play on Sidney Crosby's name in this version of the tale. Perhaps Sid the Kid Fan?
Cindy-Lou will be played by Bettman's infamous daughter who he has to "explain" things to if you please.

And for the record, I prefer the version where the people of Who-ville kick his sorry a$$ off the top of the mountain at the end.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:55 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post

Remove head from sand at your earliest convenience.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post
Remove head from sand at your earliest convenience.
By all means, please explain the error of my ways since you obviously disagree with me. I'm sure you will wow us all with your brilliance.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:25 AM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

"Those who follow me will be Enshrined in great light." Griswold 4:6