Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Griswold Rinkwraith entry contest #2

Well Clark and I were thinking about hitting the big $250M Powerball lottery and Clark started reminiscing about his big Keno hit in Vegas;

This of course brought back flashbacks of Cousin Eddie's big surprise for him on Christmas;

So we decided to see what you would do if you hit the big one this week;
1) What big surprise would be under the tree for one of your family members if you hit the lotto?
2) What charities would benefit from you hitting the lotto?

This contest will run until 11/26 at 5pm EST. All valid entries will then be randomed to get a winner into the prize pool.

Oh yeah another box in the Prize pool is....ITG Enforcers!!!!!
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #2 (permalink)

I would buy my wife's childhood home. I remember her saying how she would love to buy that house just for the memories. I doubt a Brinks truck would be needed to purchase it, but more than my salary would allow for, as well as prob take a few bucks to convince the homeowners it's time to move.

As far as my charity - Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. My 7 year old son has had type 1 since 3 yrs old. They have made great strides the past few years in treatment but I would love to aid in the fight and the best way to do that is with donations for research.

Happy Holidays,
Adam
Old 11-19-2012, 11:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

Deeds for 2 houses for my daughter and step daughter. A savings account for my grand daughter for 4 years of college and a signed buyout getting the evil son in law out of my wife and daughters lives. (They are divorced but he won't leave them/us alone).

Donations to ALS, MS, Autism, Red Cross, ASPCA, Breast Cancer research, CURE childhood cancer, Multiple Myeloma for starters.
jusdukky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:53 AM   #4 (permalink)

I would repay all the parent loans that have been taken out to help with my college along with paying off my parents loans and setting them up with a retirement fund

Charity wise, I would split up part of the money and it would go to various charities which help kids play hockey who are otherwise unable due to financial burdens, location or other factors.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

1) What big surprise would be under the tree for one of your family members if you hit the lotto?
I would pay off their credit card debt. Sounds boring..but when you have that kind of debt paying it off for them is the best gift you can give anyone. Its like buying all of the stuff for them they bought to put themselves into debt

2) What charities would benefit from you hitting the lotto? I would give to our local church, March Of Dimes, Diabetic ones since my family has a history, probably give to heart and cancer research ones as well. what can I say..I like to give.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

1. I would buy the house that my wife would like. We need a bigger place since we rent a small apartment now.

2. American Heart Association (mother passed away 4 years ago from heart disease) and some towards Alcoholic Aanonymous since they saved my fathers life.
crabbygraphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

1) I would buy my parent a house. They've never owned a house, and my father was laid off several years ago, and has taken a job where he makes less than 70% of his past salary. My mother also has a disability (early onset Alzheimer's) that doesn't allow to her to work certain jobs, so she has never had a great paying career. I would also start a massive college fund for my future children.

2) I would donate large amounts of $ to help fund cancer research. I don't think that cause can ever have too much $. I would also donate to local animal shelters. I feel so bad for abused/neglected animals :-(
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!

Last edited by ncm7772; 11-19-2012 at 06:11 PM.
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

1. I would buy my aunt/uncle a new home due to the fact that they only have a 3/2 for a 10 person family. They keep adopting kids in need. They give back to the community quite a bit, and it would be great to see them in something that fits the needs of their growing family.

2. I would donate to the Wounded Warrior program because that hits close to home. I would also donate to the Breast Cancer Foundation, due to the fact that my mother-in-law is in a constant fight against breast cancer.
hxcdavidjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #9 (permalink)

My father-in-law would get his tombstone. My wife lost her father shortly after christmas this last year(he past away Jan. 17th).

She was a daddys girl, and they were very close. That was the toughest day of her life. I wanted to do everything for her and i planned everything so she could grieve with her family, but the one thing i couldn't do is get his tombstone.

With the cost of the funeral and other expenses of our kids we have not yet been able to get it. I know it would mean more to her than anything else i could give her.

As for the donating i would dontate to the Red Cross, they help with so many things and so many people. I would donate a very healthy chunk of money to them, there more dependable than the goverment when it comes to natural disasters in my opinion.
lrogge1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

1). Not sure if this counts, as the bulk of the gift wouldn't be under the tree, but I'd get my mother a plane ticket and take her on the trip she's always wanted. Since I was very young she's been telling me about how she's always wanted to go sightseeing all around Europe, and that trip has never come. She doesn't have many years left to be able to handle a trip like this, so I'd give it to her and we'd head over to London.

2). I'd definitely give a good amount of my money to cancer research. Cancer (namely leukemia) took the life of my father and almost killed a couple of people in my family, and I want to make sure no one ever has to go through what I did.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #11 (permalink)

1. A house for my mom and grandmother in a warmer climate. As they've gotten older they've complained more than I care to listen about how bad the winters are and how much fun they have in Florida every Jan & Feb with some of their retired friends.

2. Would donate to local charities primarily women's shelters and food banks. I'm fortunate to hopefully never have to worry about any of the women in my family or the need of the food banks, but I know plenty of people who depend on them every week.

The problem is that everybody tries to rip everybody off!
MrSnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #12 (permalink)

To the top folks.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:54 PM   #13 (permalink)

1) What big surprise would be under the tree for one of your family members if you hit the lotto? I would get my 3 month old an IOU booklet. It would have car, college, house and other vouchers in it.

2) What charities would benefit from you hitting the lotto? wounded warrior project, and Shriners children's hospital

Opening a new hobby shop soon northwest of Pittsburgh, check us out at luckylarryssportscards.com and Lucky Larry's Sports Cards on facebook!

Last edited by hanes1111; 11-19-2012 at 06:57 PM.
hanes1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #14 (permalink)

1) I would share the wealth. For my dad he'd get a 1968 hardtop Sting Ray. Black. It's been his dream car since he was young enough to still dream. My mom who would benefit from less aesthetically fun things would get her student loans paid off and a condo paid in full. She kept things together after the divorce and deserves to not need to fret about things. For my siblings I'd give them all undisclosed bags of cash and I'd set up college funds for when they have kids, and I'd buy a vacation home so that we've all got an excuse to see each other and for future grandchildren to be seen by the parents.

2) Off the top whatever I won after taxes were taken out, I'd give 10% to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation). I was diagnosed with Type 1 when I was 5 years old and I feel like that there's a cure close by and I'd really like to see it in my lifetime. I would also give a large donation to CODA (the Central Ohio Diabetes Association). I am immensely grateful for all that they've done for me over the years, and I feel like money would be the first way I'd show it. I would also require that my place of employment allow me to have multiple weeks off every summer so that I could be a counselor at the summer camp that CODA sponsors and runs every year. I learned how to self inject there the first time and I still have close friends from there to this day. Sorry for ranting.

I'd also buy a case or two of Superlative, but that's neither here nor there.
amdrewrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:48 PM   #15 (permalink)

1) I would buy my sister a nice house for her and my nieces and nephew.

2) I would donate to several charities including Big Brothers/Big Sisters, American Cancer Society, and American Diabetes Association.

Thanks for the contest!!
Da_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:00 PM   #16 (permalink)

1) i would pay off all immediate family members entire debt (and with my family that will be a chunk of change for sure) plus a check to start over.

2) american cancer society and lung research

you da man...great contest!!!!
mickdapug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:40 PM   #17 (permalink)

1. I'll stick to something that could actually fit under a tree, and go with a complete collection of Mario Bros. vinyl figures for my son, including custom made ones of each and every type of costume Mario and Luigi ever wore from tanoki suit to penguin suit. The lad has become a Mario freak as of late and I know he would actually like that gift.

2. I would donate money to smaller local charities that benefit my immediate community, as well as St. Jude's. I'd also hook up the teacher's at the school I work at with updated equipment that actually works using modern technology (say good-bye VHS players and floppy disk drives!)
ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:53 PM   #18 (permalink)

A blank check for my sister to pay off her mortgage.

I have been on a health kick lately and do my fair share of running. I would run charity 5 and 10k races more often.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:56 AM   #19 (permalink)

1) I would pay off my parents' debt they accrued due to my mom's cancer bills and my dad's ongoing pain management issues due to injuries he suffered in the military. Aside from setting up my daughter's college fund, that would be the first thing I'd do.

2) I would make donations to cancer funds, of course. But the first charity I would donate to would be Angels For Athletes in Phoenix, AZ. It was founded by a good friend of mine whose brother had his neck sliced during a hockey game. He had a hard time rehabbing and getting back on the ice and she started the charity to help athletes who have been injured with their struggles to get back into their lives and/or sports. They've also expanded their focus to include helping children from low income families get into sports programs and donating equipment to leagues in depressed areas. It's a fantastic cause and I would immediately set up a scholarship fund and donate towards their rehab fund. I encourage everyone to check out the site at Angels For Athletes | Home or find them on Facebook at Angels For Athletes-Phoenix to see the things they're doing and support their efforts.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #20 (permalink)

1) My daughter would get a pony - a real one!

2) I'd give to Scares That Care - a wonderful charity started within the horror community that raises money for sick kids. Scares That Care
Old 11-20-2012, 10:19 PM   #21 (permalink)

Great contest!

1) If I hit the big one? A couple of things: a cruise for my wife and kids, and prepaid college tuitions for my kids.
2) Charities: I'd donate to Helping Paws Animal Shelter in our area and to our church (they sponsor a bunch of programs, including a shelter).

Thanks!
briscogun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:37 AM   #22 (permalink)

Id buy my mom a house and put the keys under th tree, and Id open up halfway houses across mass/give to a charity that does that
Old 11-21-2012, 02:58 AM   #23 (permalink)

The best gift that I could give to my family would be telling my mother that she could retire. This was always a goal of mine for my father but he passed away before I could do it.

The charity that I would donate to would be the American Heart Association. I always donate to them because that is what my father passed away from.

Thanks for the contest!!!
Old 11-21-2012, 01:09 PM   #24 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to nyisle

1) If i won the lotto, I would pay off my house and my parents, and buy my brother and his wife a house.

2) I would donate to no-kill rescue shelters, my dog is a rescue, and to CPS - Foster Care, they are so short staffed that the workers can not keep up with their work loads, and this greatly affects the kids.

Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!

I ship in Bubble Mailers only!! NO PWE!!!
nyisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:32 PM   #25 (permalink)

Cool What I Would do....

I would have a cheque for at least 5 million buck for my brother who could pay off all his debts and have the wedding of his dreams!!

I would give to STARS Air Ambulance as they have saved the lives of thousands of people including close friends and family members
Also give to the diabetes association and the Streets Alive to help homeless people
zoyd is offline   Reply With Quote