Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 02:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Lundqvist Genuine Letters - Estimated value?

These days I mostly buy inexpensive hockey boxes to open with my two sons, and rarely pull anything great, or if I do it's something that's either listed or where I can pretty much guess the actual value.

On Black Friday I went to a local show and splurged on two boxes of Prime, pulling a Henrik Lundqvist Genuine Letters 7/9 (the "I") in one (nothing of much note in the other). I saw that the "V" went for $120 online, but I know that with really low number cards like this you can never be sure on value. Would you say that $120 is probably low, high, or likely about right?

Before people ask, I have no interest in selling the card. I would consider doing a trade, but only for high end singles of Logan Couture (my older son's favorite player) and/or Martin St. Louis (my younger son's favorite). And sorry about no scan - I can add one if there's enough interest, although it's pretty much what you can imagine - just a cut out letter I.
rizzeedizzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

"T" /9 = $130
"Q" /9 = $127
"V" /9 = $120

Seems like that's the going rate for these right now. Could definitely fluctuate if someone is trying to complete the whole nameplate and needs your "I" or he heats up when the NHL resumes play.
cjsayde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Give skyfire47 a shout, he's a HUGE Lundqvist collector and a great guy to deal with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzeedizzee View Post
These days I mostly buy inexpensive hockey boxes to open with my two sons, and rarely pull anything great, or if I do it's something that's either listed or where I can pretty much guess the actual value.

On Black Friday I went to a local show and splurged on two boxes of Prime, pulling a Henrik Lundqvist Genuine Letters 7/9 (the "I") in one (nothing of much note in the other). I saw that the "V" went for $120 online, but I know that with really low number cards like this you can never be sure on value. Would you say that $120 is probably low, high, or likely about right?

Before people ask, I have no interest in selling the card. I would consider doing a trade, but only for high end singles of Logan Couture (my older son's favorite player) and/or Martin St. Louis (my younger son's favorite). And sorry about no scan - I can add one if there's enough interest, although it's pretty much what you can imagine - just a cut out letter I.
cfind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the replies. I'll check with skyfire47 and see if this is something he could use.
rizzeedizzee is offline   Reply With Quote