Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairysasquatch View Post
Another inane poster ITT - Bettman works for the owners, he is not a separable entity in the issue, as much as we all loathe him. The personalities involved here, the egos particularly, bode ill for resolution anytime soon.

I'm not a stupid poster at all thank you very much. And yes Bettman works FOR the owners which means that the owners as well as the players are the the ones making the final decisions on their offers and counter offers
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:47 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
fehr was around for the baseball one
thats like 10x worse

i wonder if the union would turn down a
90/10 split in their favor
Do you see the money the baseball players get now.You must work for the no hockey league.
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:49 AM   #78 (permalink)

How is the draft going to work next year? Is is almost a lock the oilers are getting the 1st for the 4th time in 5 years?
howethegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:02 AM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by howethegreat View Post
How is the draft going to work next year? Is is almost a lock the oilers are getting the 1st for the 4th time in 5 years?
Hopefully they'll do it a fair way, which would result in either the Leafs or the Blue Jackets getting the top pick. They should knock any team with a recent first overall pick, or any team that's made the playoffs or won the cup in the past five years, which I believe is what they did last time.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:23 AM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Hopefully they'll do it a fair way, which would result in either the Leafs or the Blue Jackets getting the top pick. They should knock any team with a recent first overall pick, or any team that's made the playoffs or won the cup in the past five years, which I believe is what they did last time.
No fair!
ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:32 AM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
No fair!
Yeah, let's put Nathan MacKinnon on an already loaded squad and see what happens. Do you even want to play the season, or do you want Bettman to just hand Dustin Brown the Stanley Cup?

Your precious Kings will still have a shot at the top pick, just not as high as the mighty Maple Leafs .
Old 12-18-2012, 01:50 AM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
wish they did that in 2005 so the penguins wouldn't of gotten Malkin and Crosby in back to back drafts
howethegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:36 PM   #83 (permalink)

2nd day in a row of progress made. It's not like we haven't heard this before, but now there is a hard deadline. Many TSN writers still say we will have games within 3 weeks.

Cross yo' fingers
Old 01-01-2013, 11:42 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookyyyyyy View Post
2nd day in a row of progress made. It's not like we haven't heard this before, but now there is a hard deadline. Many TSN writers still say we will have games within 3 weeks.

Cross yo' fingers
TSN has said this all year. Even after talks broke down when it seemed close they still claimed "they were very optimistic". TSN has been spreading #@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@ for years. Watch their Trade Deadline or First Day of Free Agency specials to see what I mean.

And their draft coverage, I remember them saying Victor Hedman was a lock to go over John Tavares, then proceed to flip their opinion every show. Same thing with Doughty and Stamkos, Hall and Seguin, Murray and Yakupov. TSN has some of the best analysts in the sport, and are the best spreaders of #@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@ in the sport.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #85 (permalink)

Kind of telling that despite all the huff-and-puff of the past 48 hours, "ooh, they're oh-so-close," this thread has rested dormant - a sign that the realists have prevailed and maybe even that the diehard purveyors of wholly unwarranted optimism have at last tossed in the sponge. Once 1/11 passes, we can all gather graveside and pay our respects to 2012/13, the season that never was.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #86 (permalink)

Rumor is there will be a season in 2 weeks. Bettman doesn't want the NHLPA to dismantle the union and if the season is lost, apparently Bettman will be fired. Both sides are down to minimal issues. Even though these are rumors, I actually believe there will be hockey in 2 weeks.

Last edited by jayjay0122; 01-05-2013 at 02:45 PM.
jayjay0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #87 (permalink)

I lost hope that there will be a season about a month or so ago as I originally never thought it would have gone this far without a deal getting done. Guess the owners and their lacky Bettman miscalculated by thinking the players would just bend over and take it again this time around. I find it laughable that some people defend Bettman who is hands down the bottom of the barrel when it comes to the man at the top for the four major professional sports. He makes David Stern and Bud Selig look like geniuses. They had something good going with the league and just p*ssed all over it AGAIN. And for what ? So they could take back the only thing they gave the players the last time around which was the bigger slice of the revenues ? How'd that hard cap and those salary cuts work out for ya since last time Gary ? How some of these owners made their fortunes outside of hockey is a head scratcher for sure. No wonder the NHL's Board of Governors has a history of former members doing time for fraud.

Only bright spot in this whole frickin' cluster fock getting settled would be the people who are REALLY affected by this, the office workers and arena personnel will finally be getting some paychecks that they count on more than anyone else involved.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #88 (permalink)

Both sides meeting face to face again today. Overall they are close. Before anyone comes and says how wrong that statement is consider this.

The federal mediator has stuck around walking all around a cold NYC for 48 hours now. His job is to work individually with both sides to see how far they will come for a deal. He then will suggest they meet together if both sides are in the same general ballpark and be the middle man in the meeting.

The simple fact that he has stuck around for the past few days, and that they are meeting face to face today shows progress. Gary Bettman, the owners, and the NHLPA all realize whatever deal is agreed upon if the season were to be canceled will be nearly identical to whatever they would sign now.

This season will still happen without any major hiccups.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookyyyyyy View Post
This season will still happen without any major hiccups.
MMMkay - there haven't been a few hiccups since, oh, October? Bambam was spot on with post of the thread so far re: Bettman.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:16 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairysasquatch View Post
MMMkay - there haven't been a few hiccups since, oh, October? Bambam was spot on with post of the thread so far re: Bettman.
There is a clear, hard deadline to work with. That's something that wasn't exactly present before.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:20 AM   #91 (permalink)

Multiple TSN sources are reporting a tentative deal has been reached
Old 01-06-2013, 05:26 AM   #92 (permalink)

WOW

I gave up on a season a while ago, can't wait for the Wings to start back up, sooooooooooooo excited now

I wonder if Lidstrom will want to give it one more run with a short season????????
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:52 AM   #93 (permalink)

I gave up after they canceled the winter classic to be honest, pointless to have a season. Already loss so much revenue by cancelling that game alone.

However, I am glad they reached an agreement, and let's hope we don't have to deal with one of these ever again! Well atleast for another 10 years!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:08 AM   #94 (permalink)
Banned

I gave up on it like on day 30 lol
BBCollector99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:11 AM   #95 (permalink)

Hockey, thank you finally!!!
http://s421.photobucket.com/albums/pp297/Koppper/Sports%20Card%20Collection/
Koppper is offline   Reply With Quote