Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 12:50 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSnyder View Post
When I cancelled my season tickets permanently - the sales rep asked if I was sure as the waiting list is 4500 people for the Pens.
Pittsburgh Steelers have 88,000, just for comparison's sake.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:19 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
Comparatively speaking to other sports. A sport needs casual fans. Fans that don't "really" follow but will turn on the TV to see Heat/Celtics or Andrew Luck on Monday Night Football.

Sports will always have die hards but it's the casual fans that make the difference.
Bingo!! The NHL is becoming more and more a nitch sport. Die hards don't bring TV ratings which is what drives sports today. If every arena was sold out every night but no one watched on tv the NHL would be history or at least drastically different than what it's is today.
carlo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:58 PM   #28 (permalink)

I suspect that the longer this continues, the less likely a 30-team league survives - clearly it is less painful for a significant number of owners to abandon hockey operations entirely instead of trying to make them profitable. There will always be a place for pro-level hockey in the Original Six, the NE, the upper Midwest, and of course Canada but outside of that not so much, methinks. We stand by silently while Fehr and Bettman rehearse the painfully articulated and predictable moves of the kabuki dance that destroys the NHL as we knew it. Adios, Coyotes! Panthers we hardly knew ye! Farewell, 'Canes and so long, Preds! Goodbye Bolts, and sayonara Sharks! Bon soir Isles, and to all in Columbus a good night!

Last edited by hairysasquatch; 12-24-2012 at 08:18 PM.
hairysasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:04 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Some are.

I can't imagine the entire Predator or Lightning, or potentially even Penguin or Blackhawk fanbases will return. In places like Canada and most Northeast US cities, a return will be a certainty. But in others, with fanbases in a growing stage, filling the building nightly could be extremely difficult.
wouldn't say that about hawks fans because they are now Chicago's team not the bulls not the bears the blackhawks. Well at least they are all sellout crowds.

Serious note, I can see 2 teams folding or relocating if this strike last 2 years the yotes and blue jackets can't survive.

btw would they cancel the draft in june?
howethegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:16 PM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by howethegreat View Post
wouldn't say that about hawks fans because they are now Chicago's team not the bulls not the bears the blackhawks. Well at least they are all sellout crowds.

Serious note, I can see 2 teams folding or relocating if this strike last 2 years the yotes and blue jackets can't survive.

btw would they cancel the draft in june?
No, you'll still have the rookies holding up the jersey and wearing the hats.

The NFL players wanted the incoming draft picks to boycott the draft in 2011. I think that would've been incredibly selfish to take that night away from them.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:47 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwechampion619 View Post
This lockout keeps on getting longer and longer. I NEED MY HOCKEY BACK haha.

50.8% of the season will be lost by Jan.14
Once they canceled games into Jan. IT'S DONE !!!!!!
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #32 (permalink)

At least the 2013 World Hockey Championships will have more top level pro talent players.
I am collecting LeBron James 2010-11 cards in general. 100 different 2010-11 cards and 100 total LeBron cards reached on May 11, 2012. 191 total LeBrons cards now. I got 177 certified autographed cards with 100 being reached on 10-11-12, 150 reached on 3-25-13 and 1 Manute Bol "non-certified" autograph. (none of LeBron of course)
dxtrfn80 is offline   Reply With Quote