Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   HOCKEY (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/hockey/)
-   -   All Games Now Cancelled through Jan. 14th :( (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/hockey/417233-all-games-now-cancelled-through-jan-14th.html)

wwechampion619 12-20-2012 04:10 PM

All Games Now Cancelled through Jan. 14th :(

This lockout keeps on getting longer and longer. I NEED MY HOCKEY BACK haha.

50.8% of the season will be lost by Jan.14

hermanotarjeta 12-20-2012 07:02 PM

It's over. accept it.

SethMurphy 12-20-2012 07:06 PM

Season over, #@#@#@#@ Bettman

MrSnyder 12-20-2012 07:22 PM

Season over - season tickets cancelled!

Shogun2049 12-20-2012 08:23 PM

Why do they just keep cancelling a few weeks at a time instead of just cancelling the whole season already? They're not going to have a deal done with enough games remaining in the season.

GOWIFB 12-20-2012 08:35 PM

I am not much of a hockey fan until the post season rolls around. However it still sickens me to see a professional sports league full of millionaires and billionaires who cant seem to figure this out. It would be different if this was the NFL as they would still come back strong the following year. However this is hockey and the owner and players need to realize that they arent one of the big dawgs anymore no matter how much they want to be. Also, did anyone see that espn article about this? The NHLPA says they will meet if the NHL wants to meet, the NHL said they would meet only if the conditions are right. This sounds like one of these petty breakup stories you hear about. 'Oh I am not gonna call him until he calls me and apologizes first...Oh I am not gonna call her until she calls me and apologizes first.' Both sides just whine and moan instead of just getting together and working things out. These owners and players need to get their #@#@#@es together in a room and hammer out an agreement and get this season going. Everyone involved is losing money, respect, and the fans

duwal 12-20-2012 08:36 PM

[QUOTE=Shogun2049;3860153]Why do they just keep cancelling a few weeks at a time instead of just cancelling the whole season already? They're not going to have a deal done with enough games remaining in the season.[/QUOTE]

because there is still the chance of having a 16 game season and then the playoffs starting!! :)!

hairysasquatch 12-20-2012 08:42 PM

[QUOTE=duwal;3860253]because there is still the chance of having a 16 game season and then the playoffs starting!! :)![/QUOTE]

Here we go again.....:rolleyes:

creamybeige 12-20-2012 08:58 PM

[QUOTE=hairysasquatch;3860308]Here we go again.....:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

what a clusterf*** that would be...

can you imagine all the injuries

scotts 12-20-2012 09:46 PM

I have said it before and i will say it again, i hope they cancel the whole season. i am a diehard hockey fan but i am sick and tired of this. Owners and players are idiots that they haven't learned from the last time this garbage went on.

sportsstuff87 12-20-2012 10:08 PM

[QUOTE=SethMurphy;3859617]Season over, #@#@#@#@ Bettman[/QUOTE]

More F Fehr then Bettman. At least Bettman is willing to negotiate. You wont see anything happen until donald Fehr is gone. Dudes a scum bag all about $$$$. Doesnt care if there is hockey played or not, hes still gettin paid no matter what.

hairysasquatch 12-20-2012 10:20 PM

The only thing we have to Fehr is Fehr itself...

dxtrfn80 12-20-2012 10:53 PM

No 2012-13 season, 2014 Winter Classic is already at risk. Only once in lockout/strike history that a sport has canceled games in 2 consecutive playing seasons with MLB cancelling the 1994 World Series and the first couple of weeks of the 1995 season. NHL may join that club and if the lockout last past January 1, 2014, it will be the first lockout to span 3 calendar years. Fans will need a primer on how hockey works and names of teams, etc when and if the NHL comes back.

BostonNut 12-23-2012 10:11 PM

I wouldn't be shocked if the start of next year will be in jeopardy soon.

These morons better get this figured out...I can't last much longer without the greatest sport on earth...:(

GoJays 12-23-2012 10:14 PM

[QUOTE=BostonNut;3878257]I wouldn't be shocked if the start of next year will be in jeopardy soon.

These morons better get this figured out...I can't last much longer without the greatest sport on earth...:([/QUOTE]

Then don't be worried. The curling season is in full force, with no signs of a lockout. The greatest sport on earth is still alive!

It's pretty pathetic they can't reach a deal. What they seem to not realize is that they aren't the only ones affected by this, and that other people make livings off of the NHL.

BostonNut 12-23-2012 10:17 PM

[QUOTE=GoJays;3878289]Then don't be worried. The curling season is in full force, with no signs of a lockout. The greatest sport on earth is still alive!

It's pretty pathetic they can't reach a deal. What they seem to not realize is that they aren't the only ones affected by this, and that other people make livings off of the NHL.[/QUOTE]

You might have meant it as a joke but I do enjoy curling LOL :p

The Madbacker 12-23-2012 10:18 PM

This is the one sport that can't afford a lockout. It'll take the NHL 5+ years to come back from this, if they come back at all.

BostonNut 12-23-2012 10:22 PM

[QUOTE=The Madbacker;3878325]This is the one sport that can't afford a lockout. It'll take the NHL 5+ years to come back from this, if they come back at all.[/QUOTE]

I kind of disagree...

When hockey is back I'll be first in line at the box office at the Garden...my point being hockey fans are incredibly nuts about the sport...

GoJays 12-23-2012 10:42 PM

[QUOTE=BostonNut;3878354]I kind of disagree...

When hockey is back I'll be first in line at the box office at the Garden...my point being hockey fans are incredibly nuts about the sport...[/QUOTE]

Some are.

I can't imagine the entire Predator or Lightning, or potentially even Penguin or Blackhawk fanbases will return. In places like Canada and most Northeast US cities, a return will be a certainty. But in others, with fanbases in a growing stage, filling the building nightly could be extremely difficult.

Brobocop 12-23-2012 11:55 PM

[QUOTE=GoJays;3878480]Some are.

I can't imagine the entire Predator or Lightning, or potentially even Penguin or Blackhawk fanbases will return. In places like Canada and most Northeast US cities, a return will be a certainty. But in others, with fanbases in a growing stage, filling the building nightly could be extremely difficult.[/QUOTE]

I'd also agree with this and Backer's comment. This seems to be the kind of sport that is only hot in cities that have a team. And even then, a lot of teams seem to have issues selling out night after night and growing their fanbase. I live in Cleveland, and even when the Browns are doing awful, football is still the biggest sport in this town. Also, the NFL is the top sport in this country due to the fact that they have gained fans in cities that have no team. I don't know if Hockey is like that at all.

Crusader71 12-24-2012 12:22 AM

I hope the owners lock out the players as long as need be so a few of teams can fold and for hockey there is World Jr!!! Go Canada!!

Bluemarlin528 12-24-2012 01:07 AM

The Kings won the cup, hockey had to end...

98whitesteed 12-24-2012 04:06 AM

When hockey is back I'll be first in line at the box office at the Garden...my point being hockey fans are incredibly nuts about the sport...[/QUOTE]

Thats why these things seem to drag out in the NHL longer than usual. They know you will be back on the first day to buy season tickets. Until you stop doing that, and show some reserve and force the league to actually care for the fans, it wont end.

The Madbacker 12-24-2012 09:59 AM

Comparatively speaking to other sports. A sport needs casual fans. Fans that don't "really" follow but will turn on the TV to see Heat/Celtics or Andrew Luck on Monday Night Football.

Sports will always have die hards but it's the casual fans that make the difference.

MrSnyder 12-24-2012 10:41 AM

When I cancelled my season tickets permanently - the sales rep asked if I was sure as the waiting list is 4500 people for the Pens.