Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/17/14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 09:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 798
Default Jordan Staal Rinkside Signings without an auto

I picked this up because I thought it was neat.

09/10 Upper Deck Rinkside Signings Jordan Staal auto....minus the auto



Just curious if anyone has another one without the auto (any player, not just Staal)
Da_Fish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
GoJays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,245
Default

Great looking set, I pulled a Steve Mason version back in the day.

Never seen one without an auto. It could be that the card was left out in the light. The acetate auto's can fade if left out in light. I read about something like this happening with an auto from Trilogy in Beckett a while back.

That's strange though man. Where did you get it from? If it's pack-pulled, UD should replace it (my Mason was slightly damaged, and they replaced it quickly).
__________________
I will leave my signature the same until the Toronto Maple Leafs miss the Stanley Cup playoffs. In short, I will never change my signature.
GoJays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Great looking set, I pulled a Steve Mason version back in the day.

Never seen one without an auto. It could be that the card was left out in the light. The acetate auto's can fade if left out in light. I read about something like this happening with an auto from Trilogy in Beckett a while back.

That's strange though man. Where did you get it from? If it's pack-pulled, UD should replace it (my Mason was slightly damaged, and they replaced it quickly).
I bought it at a show on Saturday. I thought about the fading too but I didn't see any evidence of an auto. I would think you could see something if it was faded.
Da_Fish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
GoJays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Fish View Post
I bought it at a show on Saturday. I thought about the fading too but I didn't see any evidence of an auto. I would think you could see something if it was faded.
Alright, tough to see from the scan whether or not there was an auto. Best to go off of your eye.

Are you hoping to get it replaced, or keep it as is?
__________________
I will leave my signature the same until the Toronto Maple Leafs miss the Stanley Cup playoffs. In short, I will never change my signature.
GoJays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Alright, tough to see from the scan whether or not there was an auto. Best to go off of your eye.

Are you hoping to get it replaced, or keep it as is?
I'm not sure what I am doing with it yet
Da_Fish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
223
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 626
Default

I've seen a Bobby Ryan with no auto
223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.