Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday Chrome 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2008, 11:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Crosby Out for at least a month

Sid Crosby injured in game with Tampa. Probably out a month. Might damper the value of his cards. Any thoughts?

Penguins' Sidney Crosby injures ankle while crashing into boards, leaves ice in pain - NHL - Yahoo! Sports
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 11:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

I was watching that game. He should have paid more attention to his sliding. It looked like he could have prevented the injury. They said it was a high ankle sprain on the broadcast.

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 12:13 AM   #3 (permalink)

Man...I hope it drops the price of his cards for a month so I can pick up some deals! As long as he's ready for the playoffs though!
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 02:08 AM   #4 (permalink)

Does that mean that OV will start in the All-Star game now? Good timing, the Caps play them on Monday. He can get better after Monday...

He shouldn't be out too long, but a high ankle is one of those injuries that may linger.
CapsNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:09 AM   #5 (permalink)

LeCavalier should start at center, he's having the best season of anyone at that position.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:41 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
LeCavalier should start at center, he's having the best season of anyone at that position.
He's having the best season of anyone except Crosby....he's having a good season, but I don't think even he would be happy at only a +2 and his team sitting in last place with only 41 points.

You can bash Crosby all you want like you always do, but the fact the Pens are where they are at this point before the Crosby injury says a lot about him as a team leader. Not too many teams would be at this point after losing their #1 goalie, cutting Mark Recchi, losing one of their best D-men in Eaton, having Jordan Staal in a sophomore slump, and also losing a solid player in Max Talbot for a month.

The fact is Crosby is the best player in the NHL and the face of the NHL for many years to come.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:40 AM   #7 (permalink)

Well Put Solt
kobemagee29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 12:19 PM   #8 (permalink)

I think Lecavalier can take him 1 on 1. They both have the same attributes but Vinny is alot tougher and stronger. Also, Vinny is less likely to get injured!

Old 01-19-2008, 12:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
You can bash Crosby all you want like you always do, but the fact the Pens are where they are at this point before the Crosby injury says a lot about him as a team leader. Not too many teams would be at this point after losing their #1 goalie, cutting Mark Recchi, losing one of their best D-men in Eaton, having Jordan Staal in a sophomore slump, and also losing a solid player in Max Talbot for a month.

The fact is Crosby is the best player in the NHL and the face of the NHL for many years to come.

I was watching the game on NHL TV last night and when Sid came off the ice he wouldn't put any weight on his leg. That didn't look good. I thought he might have broken it the way he was favoring it. This injury will take some time to heal right and could be one of those that linger BUT a break probably would have meant the season.

I can't believe you call losing Fleury a bad thing ? I think Ty Conklin has more to do with where they are at now than Crosby. Losing MAF actually HELPED them. Conklin has stole some games for them since taking over. Don't forget Malkin either. He is having a pretty good sophmore season. I think Crosby is a great player but I don't think he is HANDS DOWN the best in the league YET. I think he could be someday but all the hype about breaking all of Gretzky's records looks like just hype for now.
Lecavalier has been outstanding on a one line team. His + / - isn't great because his line has to do all the scoring for Tampa. If he a St. Louis don't have big offensive games they lose on most nights. Andre Roy doesn't have may 2 goal games like last night. Zetterberg and Ovie are phenominal as well. Way too early to call Sid THE BEST in the game.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 12:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

BAM,

Andre Roy had a 3 point game last night. 1 Goal and 2 helpers!! He was involved in 100% of the Lightnings scoring.....lol

Old 01-19-2008, 12:57 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
BAM,

Andre Roy had a 3 point game last night. 1 Goal and 2 helpers!! He was involved in 100% of the Lightnings scoring.....lol
My bad HJ - I remembered Grattons goal and Roy's second goal on the blocked shot coming right back to him. Forgot about the kid Melwig (or something)getting his first on the first goal of the game.
Sat through that whole 3rd period hoping it would get out of hand, like 5-0 TB, so guys like Laraque would give the fans something for their money.

Did you or anyone else see the shootout goal by Patrick Kane last night ? Nash's goal was phenominal and this wasn't as ridiculous as his but Kane made about 3 dekes in a fraction of a second that poor Jose Theodore probably needed a slow motion reply to pick up the puck.

Old 01-19-2008, 02:23 PM   #12 (permalink)

We didn't think that Conklin would stand on his head the way he has done since Fleury's injury. My point was, that when a team would lose their starting goaltender (ex. Luongo, Brodeur, Turco, Nabokov), you automatically think your team is going in the tank, as most would. Pittsburgh has just been fortunate in an odd way.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:27 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
My bad HJ - I remembered Grattons goal and Roy's second goal on the blocked shot coming right back to him. Forgot about the kid Melwig (or something)getting his first on the first goal of the game.
Sat through that whole 3rd period hoping it would get out of hand, like 5-0 TB, so guys like Laraque would give the fans something for their money.

Did you or anyone else see the shootout goal by Patrick Kane last night ? Nash's goal was phenominal and this wasn't as ridiculous as his but Kane made about 3 dekes in a fraction of a second that poor Jose Theodore probably needed a slow motion reply to pick up the puck.
JT did pick it up. After it went in the net. JT's been on fire lately though. Might be time to unload some of his rookie cards. Not sure how I wound up with 70 of them, I opened a lot of that stuff that year, but anyway, might be time to sell a few.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
Old 01-19-2008, 06:10 PM   #14 (permalink)

That was your BOY and you dropped him like a dirty rag. I would have taken him back and unloaded Ramo if I wasn't beaten to him. Looks like that trade didn't do much for either of us Big Daddy.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:02 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
That was your BOY and you dropped him like a dirty rag. I would have taken him back and unloaded Ramo if I wasn't beaten to him. Looks like that trade didn't do much for either of us Big Daddy.
Losing Sakic to injury makes you make bad moves. Now he's rounding into the Vezina trophy form of old and another league member has him. Like I said, haven't made a good move all season.

You dumped Svatos so I guess the only winner is the guy who picked him off of the heap.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
Old 01-19-2008, 10:29 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
We didn't think that Conklin would stand on his head the way he has done since Fleury's injury. My point was, that when a team would lose their starting goaltender (ex. Luongo, Brodeur, Turco, Nabokov), you automatically think your team is going in the tank, as most would. Pittsburgh has just been fortunate in an odd way.
Don't forget about DP!!! The isles don't have no one backing him up even though Dubie did help them to the playoffs last year.

Old 01-20-2008, 01:50 AM   #17 (permalink)

well i hope he is not out too long . i scored tickets to the bruins penguins game. its about 6 weeks away. oh well, as long as i at least get to see malkin.
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:15 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
Don't forget about DP!!! The isles don't have no one backing him up even though Dubie did help them to the playoffs last year.
Dubie proved he could handle the backup goaltender position last year. There was a contingent that would not mind a DP trade but I think that has subsided.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:37 AM   #19 (permalink)

Crosby will be receiving an MRI on his ankle to verify the extent of the damage on Monday. Saborin (Sp) was great in net on Saturday with a shutout, but the Penguins were on their heels most of the game with 1-0 lead for 50 minutes until Malkin (best player in the game besides Saborin) wins the game with an empty net goal. Crosby will probably be out 4-12 weeks. The coach said Crosby is in more pain on Saturday than after the incident on Friday night. No time table for Fleury return is set and Fleury is still in extreme pain. Crosby may rookies will soften just a bit, although the demand will still be strong. I hope the Pens can trade for Mats Sundin Although Mats Sundin said he will not wave his no trade clause!
EGRHOCKEYFAN is offline   Reply With Quote