Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Prospect

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 07:01 PM   #26 (permalink)

Big game tonight! Hope we can pick up a W over a depleted Sens roster!

Go Leafs Go!!!
Old 02-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #27 (permalink)

Another big win tonight over Buffalo!

JVR with a big game. Hope his streak continues on to Ottawa!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:49 PM   #28 (permalink)

Leafs just keep on winning! Hope we can control the Sens this wednesday.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Leafs just keep on winning! Hope we can control the Sens this wednesday.
well McLaren handled Dziurzynski
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #30 (permalink)

Good lord, Dion Phaneuf is awful. He is complete garbage. Put the C on McClement, Franson, or JVR, somebody who wants to win and plays hard on a nightly basis. Phaneuf must've turned the puck over ten times in the last minute.

I hope Carlyle recognizes this, and awards captaincy to someone deserving. I'd love to see Jay McClement, Mark Fraser, or David Steckel as captain.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:20 AM   #31 (permalink)

Still can't win against Boston

But one thing different with this team is they can bounce back after a bad game.
Let see what happens next
Nutcracker33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutcracker33 View Post
Still can't win against Boston

But one thing different with this team is they can bounce back after a bad game.
Let see what happens next
Toronto played the B's tough but just seemed to run out of gas in the 3rd. I believe the Bruins have won 9 straight vs, the Leafs, and the way the Bruins have been playing lately I was happy with the W, but still need to see production from all the lines not just one!!

Last edited by TASS; 03-08-2013 at 10:05 AM.
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #33 (permalink)

Another solid game by the Leaf's, I'm really impressed w/ their improvement this season. Should be a battle vs my boys Saturday.
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:55 PM   #34 (permalink)

Toronto won that game. Plain and simple. The calls Pittsburgh got... oh boy. Its disgraceful how big an advantage they have.

You Flyers fans were right all along. I see what you mean.

Toronto wins it 5-4 in OT if it isn't for the refs. Period.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:45 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Toronto won that game. Plain and simple. The calls Pittsburgh got... oh boy. Its disgraceful how big an advantage they have.

You Flyers fans were right all along. I see what you mean.

Toronto wins it 5-4 in OT if it isn't for the refs. Period.
This coming from a fan of the most penalized team in the NHL.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:04 PM   #36 (permalink)

Awesome to see some other posters in this thread for GoJays, for whom I'm sure it was getting pretty lonely until the other day.
"You have to break by the case" Zammos1, 3:16
hairysasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairysasquatch View Post
Awesome to see some other posters in this thread for GoJays, for whom I'm sure it was getting pretty lonely until the other day.
It is nice seeing other people in this thread, although pissy Pens fans isn't neccesarily what I had envisioned
Old 03-13-2013, 01:19 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
It is nice seeing other people in this thread, although pissy Pens fans isn't neccesarily what I had envisioned
Maybe you should "envision" your team making the playoffs for the first time in 8 years.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #39 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Maybe you should "envision" your team making the playoffs for the first time in 8 years.
Play nice now Solt, not every team can be handed the #1 or 1A pick for three years in a row....Toronto hasn't had that pick since 1985.
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post
Play nice now Solt, not every team can be handed the #1 or 1A pick for three years in a row....Toronto hasn't had that pick since 1985.
did they trade that pick away too? lol

It's clear those boneheads moves are laid to rest by the Leafs.

I hope they align the conferences/divisions so I can go to more Leafs/Wings game at the ACC!

Incoming -
Outgoing -
DetectiveChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:41 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post
So why haven't the Oilers made the playoffs then? If that's what makes you an automatic winner?

Were James Neal, Kris Letang, Chris Kunitz, and Pascal Dupuis top 5 picks?

Kadri is the only 1st round pick that has done anything for them in the last 10 years. They gave away Rask to the Bruins.

Very weak statement by Rinkwraith.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
So why haven't the Oilers made the playoffs then? If that's what makes you an automatic winner?

Kadri is the only 1st round pick that has done anything for them in the last 10 years. They gave away Rask to the Bruins.

Lets just pretend Luke Schenn was picked in the third round, just to keep you happy

Edmonton has got rotten luck with their timing. Hall, Nuge, and Yak can't hold a candle to Crosby, Malkin, and Fleury.

Anyways, you're a staunch nutjob Pens fan who'll probably end up leaving the team in ten years when they hit rough times, so there's no point arguing with you. The fact you don't see the officiating advantages the Penguins recieve shows just how narrow-sighted you are.

I'll enjoy watching my tough Leafs fight for a playoff spot, you watch your Penguins handed a playoff spot. Buh-bye .
Old 03-13-2013, 04:17 PM   #43 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

Pens didn't make it back to the playoffs until 06-07, one year after their last #1 pick and they won one playoff game that year. Granted that was first year playing with all three players.

So if the Oilers win one playoff game next year....bingo.

That's not a weak statement, that's a history lesson. Oilers seem to like the blueprint.
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:34 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:

For the same reason your Pens won't get past the 2nd round in the playoffs, shitty Goaltending and suspect defense. You put a solid goalie in front of the net in Edmonton and you have a far better chance winning than they do now.
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:19 PM   #45 (permalink)

Leafs fans all of the sudden start talking when their team is in the top 8 but over the last many years, all they did was b*tch about Burke and how bad the team was and they were sick of it. Mario bought off all the refs in case you didn't know......
Old 03-13-2013, 09:28 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Leafs fans all of the sudden start talking when their team is in the top 8 but over the last many years, all they did was b*tch about Burke and how bad the team was and they were sick of it. Mario bought off all the refs in case you didn't know......
Just, stop posting. You make more and more of an ass out of yourself with every post. You are a moron, end of story.

Don't even try to pretend your pathetic excuse for a fanbase and franchise can hold a candle to the Maple Leafs.

I never got why the Flyers fans on here hated you, but now I do. You spew so much bull crap, its hard to believe.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:34 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Just, stop posting. You make more and more of an ass out of yourself with every post. You are a moron, end of story.

Don't even try to pretend your pathetic excuse for a fanbase and franchise can hold a candle to the Maple Leafs.

I never got why the Flyers fans on here hated you, but now I do. You spew so much bull crap, its hard to believe.
Someone's angry.

I don't understand how some people (not just you - your kind are not rare) can hate other teams and their fanbases so much. Kind of a shame to HATE something that in the grand scheme of things, plays such a minor role in their lives.

Nothing personal, just offering my opinion.
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!

Last edited by ncm7772; 03-14-2013 at 12:40 AM.
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:17 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncm7772 View Post
Someone's angry.

I don't understand how some people (not just you - your kind are not rare) can hate other teams and their fanbases so much. Kind of a shame to HATE something that in the grand scheme of things, plays such a minor role in their lives.

Nothing personal, just offering my opinion.
I'll be 100% honest with you. I do not hate the Penguins or their fans. Well, the majority.

I just really don't like Solt .

The only fanbase I can say that I hate is that of the Montreal Canadiens, but goes back to some rough experiences at the Bell Centre and relates to a small portion of the fanbase.

Last edited by GoJays; 03-14-2013 at 01:31 AM.
GoJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:55 AM   #49 (permalink)

I hate the Flyers fan base. Which is kinda funny, because I actually like their team. If you put the Flyers in any other city, I'd probably root for them.

And I do hate some Maple Leafs fans (not you GoJays - you seem pretty reasonable). A lot of Leafs fans seem to think the team is due a Stanley Cup just because...well, because they're the Leafs. Similar to the way some Dallas Cowboy and New York Yankee fans act. I was at a Pens-Leafs game last year and there were some Leafs fans there. Every one of them but one acted like normal fans - they'd cheer when the Leafs scored, talked a little trash, etc. (the Leafs had jumped out to a 2-0 lead but ended up losing in the end). My attitude is that when you go to another team's arena for a game, by all means cheer for your team and talk some smack, but expect some verbal abuse. Key word being VERBAL. And nothing that crosses the line, like making rude comments about someone's girlfriend/wife/kids.
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #50 (permalink)

What do you expect when you come on here and cry about the refs? That's the last thing a desperate fan cries about is the calls. The calls are the calls, just deal with it, don't cry about it. Sometimes they go your way and sometimes they don't, that's hockey. It is what it is.