Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 01:08 PM   #51 (permalink)

Lets try and keep talk here about the Toronto Maple Leafs. Big game tonight against Pitt. You know the Buds will be trying rebound! Go Leafs Go!!!
Old 03-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Lets try and keep talk here about the Toronto Maple Leafs. Big game tonight against Pitt. You know the Buds will be trying rebound! Go Leafs Go!!!
Sorry dude...you've been Solt'ed ...welcome to the club!

Hope you're enjoying JVR ...Holmgren gave up on him WAYYY too early.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:38 PM   #53 (permalink)

Well the refs did their best to give this one to the Leafs, but it didn't work out. Sorry Leaf fans....another one in the L column.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:39 PM   #54 (permalink)

BULL #@#@#@#@, BULL #@#@#@#@, BULL #@#@#@#@, BULL #@#@#@#@.

On a side note, whoever the #@#@#@#@ calls games for Root TV need to shut up about Sidney Crosby. Every second word is Crosby. They're worse than Jack Edwards!
Old 03-14-2013, 09:41 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Well the refs did their best to give this one to the Leafs, but it didn't work out. Sorry Leaf fans....another one in the L column.
Please, just shut up. Just, shut up.

The Refs do EVERYTHING to try and hand the game to the damn Pens. Its a miracle it wasn't 15-0 after one.

You are a moron, and you are now the first person on my blocked list. Congratulations.

Last edited by GoJays; 03-14-2013 at 09:50 PM.
GoJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:46 PM   #56 (permalink)

Boarding on Orpik with 25 seconds left? Gimme a break.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:13 AM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Please, just shut up. Just, shut up.

The Refs do EVERYTHING to try and hand the game to the damn Pens. Its a miracle it wasn't 15-0 after one.

You are a moron, and you are now the first person on my blocked list. Congratulations.
You usually make sense when you post, but I'm not seeing these phantom penalties that the refs don't call on the Pens. I see calls that could have gone against either team but were let go, but nothing egregious. This is just sour grapes (and I don't mean Don Cherry).
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippit View Post
You usually make sense when you post, but I'm not seeing these phantom penalties that the refs don't calll on the Pens. I see calls that could have gone against either team but were let go, but nothing egregious. This is just sour grapes (and I don't mean Don Cherry).
I am mainly pissed about Tyler Bozak, the Leafs best faceoff man, being tossed out of the circle despite being hacked at by Brandon Sutter with a minute left.

If this were the only instance, I'd be somewhat upset, but it was all game long. Aside from one or two Penguin centremen tossed, just about every faceoff in the Toronto zone saw a Leaf tossed out.

The officiating in last night's game wasn't nearly as bad as it was on saturday night, but you could tell the refs were favoring the Penguins, especially in the offensive and defensive zone circles.

Last edited by GoJays; 03-15-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:55 PM   #59 (permalink)
Banned

Penguins raise the Cup and bring it home to Pittsburgh this year! Hate it or Love it. Blackhawks better bring their best game to play Pittsburgh. Flyers arent even gonna make the Playoffs, so who is gonna be their biggest competition in the rounds? Boston will be tough, but the Pens are better. The Penguins walk into the Finals and then win it in 6 games. Look for Geno to explode in the Playoffs when we need him too. Also just a quicky. Sidney Crosby may be the best player ever to put on skates and will win the Hart Trophy keeping it in Pittsburgh as well. I knew it wouldnt be long and people would be crying after the Pen's continue to mop up everyone on their own ice even. To all a nice day. Go Pens!! Pens Nation!! Even better Pens draft class from this year are gonna be killer when they get older so Penguins Hockey is safe for the next 10 years so if the haters dont wanna watch it go watch soccer or something
cardboardkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:59 PM   #60 (permalink)
Banned

Default Maple Leafs

Quote:
Nice Rebound haha Pens whipped the floor with your Leafs and they will continue to do it. The Leafs aren't on a level of Pittsburgh Penguins, The Penguins 3rd and 4th lines are better then you biggest stars. Duper and Kunitz are better then your best players. Block me too, its true.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:36 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboardkilla View Post
Penguins raise the Cup and bring it home to Pittsburgh this year! Hate it or Love it. Blackhawks better bring their best game to play Pittsburgh. Flyers arent even gonna make the Playoffs, so who is gonna be their biggest competition in the rounds? Boston will be tough, but the Pens are better. The Penguins walk into the Finals and then win it in 6 games. Look for Geno to explode in the Playoffs when we need him too. Also just a quicky. Sidney Crosby may be the best player ever to put on skates and will win the Hart Trophy keeping it in Pittsburgh as well. I knew it wouldnt be long and people would be crying after the Pen's continue to mop up everyone on their own ice even. To all a nice day. Go Pens!! Pens Nation!! Even better Pens draft class from this year are gonna be killer when they get older so Penguins Hockey is safe for the next 10 years so if the haters dont wanna watch it go watch soccer or something
Pittsburgh is good, but not this good. And I'm a Pens fans.
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboardkilla View Post
Nice Rebound haha Pens whipped the floor with your Leafs and they will continue to do it. The Leafs aren't on a level of Pittsburgh Penguins, The Penguins 3rd and 4th lines are better then you biggest stars. Duper and Kunitz are better then your best players. Block me too, its true.
At least solt knows something about hockey. Jesus Christ, you are an even bigger moron!

Explain how the Penguins are on a different level than the Penguins, yet the Leafs lost to them in a shootout in one game and lead for 50 minutes in the other. And we'll pretend the first meeting didn't happen, as the Leafs stomped over your precious Penguins.

Explain how the Penguins third line is better than Kessel, JVR, and Kadri. Combined they've put up over 60 points. Can your precious Penguins say that?

I'm prepared to retract my statement, however, if you can tell me who Michel Briere is. Go on. You're a die hard Pens fan, lets see just how much you know.

I await your response anxiously.

Last edited by iluvfish2; 03-16-2013 at 12:01 AM. Reason: likely where things start
Old 03-15-2013, 05:14 PM   #63 (permalink)
Banned

Kessel is an very overated player. Kadri is a decent player, and JVR is a leftover from the flyers. James Neal is better then Kadri and he is your best player. Your out of your mind, Im more worried about Boston then the Maple Leafs. Everyone knows the Leafs havent did anything in years. Im 33 years old and Michel Brierre played one year for the Pens and died in a fatal car accident. He was a little before my time. You brought up the name because he was another Penguin that was great, only reinforcing my statement that Penguins are on a different level of hockey. I only talk to Pens fans so Im not even go any further, because you will just keep crying. We'll see if we meet up again, and you'll see you guys will need to play your best game ever to even come close to beating us.

Last edited by iluvfish2; 03-16-2013 at 12:00 AM. Reason: edited
Old 03-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #64 (permalink)

I didn't bring up Michel Briere because he's another great Penguin, what the hell is wrong with you? I brought him up because he's a former penguin.

By your logic I could just start naming off Leaf players and claim I'm proving a point.

Fact: the Toronto Maple Leafs were one of the original four teams in the NHL.

Fact: the Toronto Maple Leafs won the first NHL sanctioned Stanley Cup.

Fact: the Toronto Maple Leafs have won 13 Stanley Cups.

Finally, and this one is the biggie:

The Toronto Maple Leafs have more players in the Hall of Fame than any other franchise.

Last edited by iluvfish2; 03-16-2013 at 12:00 AM. Reason: edited
Old 03-15-2013, 06:15 PM   #65 (permalink)

I feel like I'm repeating myself here, but can we PLEASE KEEP THE DISCUSSION ABOUT THE TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS SEASON?! Much as I enjoy having company, I don't appreciate the discussion getting so far off topic that it results in name calling.

I may have brought this onto myself, but the best way to make amends is to end this silly discussion.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:56 PM   #66 (permalink)

With all of this pissing and moaning, I forgot to mention the trade!

Leafs deal Steckel to Anaheim. I guess its to make room for Lupul, but I really liked Stecks. Great faceoff man, and a good, hard-working fourth (or even third, if you want to) liner. I'm sure Anaheim will make good use of him!
Old 03-23-2013, 09:49 PM   #67 (permalink)

HUGE win!!! Terrific game. Bruins dominated, but we came out with the W.

Should be interesting to see if the Buds can feed off of both the victory tonight and Joffrey Lupul's return go pick up another win over Boston. Anyways, great game tonight!

GO LEAFS GO!
Old 03-25-2013, 09:59 PM   #68 (permalink)

Oh well. At least we picked up a point, every one counts, and being in Boston, all the more important.

Leafs need to start working on the shootout; 0-5 so far this year.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:34 PM   #69 (permalink)

Refs really wanted Florida to add an extra goal in the last two minutes! Glad we pulled it out. Looks like Winnipeg will beat Carolina too. Looking better and better!!!
Old 03-27-2013, 01:47 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Refs really wanted Florida to add an extra goal in the last two minutes! Glad we pulled it out. Looks like Winnipeg will beat Carolina too. Looking better and better!!!
Can you please just shut up about the refs and how they are anti-Leafs? You sound like a little baby always whining and whining. The calls are the calls, leave it at that.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:35 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Can you please just shut up about the refs and how they are anti-Leafs? You sound like a little baby always whining and whining. The calls are the calls, leave it at that.
Can you please stop hi-jacking people's threads? The refs missed a few calls last night, end of story.

Don't know why I decided to read your post. I'll ask you politely: please stay out of this thread. This is for people to discuss the Toronto Maple Leafs season, not personally attack others.

The irony of your post. "You sound like a little baby always whining and whining". I guess you folks in Pittsburgh would know whining .
Old 03-28-2013, 10:17 PM   #72 (permalink)

Great win tonight! Looks more and more like we'll be seeing playoff Maple Leaf hockey for the first time in 9 years!
Old 03-29-2013, 12:34 AM   #73 (permalink)
Inactive Account

13 games left and 9 of them are againsts teams below them in the standings so it would take their biggest tank job in the past 9 yrs for them to not make the playoffs. That being said Lupul looked great tonight and all the talk about the goaltending being a major problem has been totally unnecessary and both Reimer and Scrivens have been solid all year. Kessel is also at a point per game clip and leads the team in assists so he has adapted his game and made players around him better.

The Leaf's also have two scoring lines for the first time in I don't remember how long, but I think their lack of a bonafide checking line might be their downfall in the playoffs. Mcclemment has been great this year, but he is really the only protopyical checking forward.

Defence has been a strong point, but Gardiner has been wishy washy and he seems lost at times. Other than that GO LEAFS GO!
apclr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:40 AM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apclr View Post
13 games left and 9 of them are againsts teams below them in the standings so it would take their biggest tank job in the past 9 yrs for them to not make the playoffs. That being said Lupul looked great tonight and all the talk about the goaltending being a major problem has been totally unnecessary and both Reimer and Scrivens have been solid all year. Kessel is also at a point per game clip and leads the team in assists so he has adapted his game and made players around him better.

The Leaf's also have two scoring lines for the first time in I don't remember how long, but I think their lack of a bonafide checking line might be their downfall in the playoffs. Mcclemment has been great this year, but he is really the only protopyical checking forward.

Defence has been a strong point, but Gardiner has been wishy washy and he seems lost at times. Other than that GO LEAFS GO!
Nice to have another Leaf fan to talk to!

I'm never, nor will I ever be, surprised by anything the Leafs do, so it would not shock me to see them tank it and drop out. That being said, I don't see this squad, with Carlyle coaching, going anywhere other than up.

Kessel takes a lot of heat for not scoring a whole lot of goals this year, but he's worked on his two-way play and has become much better. You'd be hard pressed to find ten clips of Kesselback-checking in the past two seasons, but this year he has really stepped it up. Lupul has impressed me as well, its his health that has me concerned.

As for your checking forward comment, I think you can add Leo Komarov to that list, but other than that, we've got four lines of either scorers or fighters. There are no pure checking forwards (save Maclement and Komarov). It shouldn't hurt the Leafs too bad, as they're matcjing up against Winnipeg right now, but if they fall to Montreal or Boston, it could definitely hurt them.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #75 (permalink)

First off... Solt, if you try and hi-jack this thread again I'll report you and take a ton of pride in it.

Don't know how a penalty wasn't called on the hit on Kadri at the end. Really should've been a penalty.

That last Flyer goal was terrible. Any referee with a set of eyes could've called that. Shouldn't have counted at all.

Oh well, we fall to sixth in the conference (tied, but Ottawa has a game in hand). Still looking good for a playoff appearance, potentially even a run! GO LEAFS GO!