Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 11:12 PM   #151 (permalink)

Oh well. Fun game, fun series to watch. Kudos to the Bruins for doing what a veteran team does: stay calm and work hard.

Anyways, I'm happy. The Leafs have proven they can play with the Bruins, and Reimer has proved he can be a #1 NHL goalie.

Not sure who to cheer for now. I guess Ottawa, since I want to see Pittsburgh go down and I'd love to see another Cup Final game (assuming I have the required funds ).

Should be an interesting offseason. Another year with this core and we should be able to see further rounds!

Shame the greatest fans in the world couldn't get another 4 (or more) games, but c'est la vie

Go Leafs Go!
Old 05-13-2013, 11:14 PM   #152 (permalink)

^^^ Holy bejeezus...I feel for you man. But that was some SERIOUS epic.....

Old 05-13-2013, 11:17 PM   #153 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Oh well. Fun game, fun series to watch. Kudos to the Bruins for doing what a veteran team does: stay calm and work hard.

Anyways, I'm happy. The Leafs have proven they can play with the Bruins, and Reimer has proved he can be a #1 NHL goalie.

Not sure who to cheer for now. I guess Ottawa, since I want to see Pittsburgh go down and I'd love to see another Cup Final game (assuming I have the required funds ).

Should be an interesting offseason. Another year with this core and we should be able to see further rounds!

Shame the greatest fans in the world couldn't get another 4 (or more) games, but c'est la vie

Go Leafs Go!
Well said sir
Old 05-14-2013, 12:21 AM   #154 (permalink)

Say what you all will about Kessel, but he really stepped up his game. 4 goals and 6 points against a team he has struggled getting a single point all year against. Good for him, and good for the Leafs for fighting hard.

If you're wondering why I'm so calm, ask Red Sox (pre-2004) and Cubs fans; you learn to expect the absolute worst, even when things seem the best .
Old 05-14-2013, 07:48 AM   #155 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeg2315 View Post
That made me think of an NFL team collapsing because of prevent defense.
That was worse than the Houston Oilers losing a game they led 31-3 in the 3rd quarter against the Bills in the playoffs.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:37 AM   #156 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
That was worse than the Houston Oilers losing a game they led 31-3 in the 3rd quarter against the Bills in the playoffs.
No it wasn't.
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:46 AM   #157 (permalink)

This is the headline from today's Toronto Sun, "The Choke's on Us"!!!

I would like to thank the Leafs for an entertsining as well as frustrating series for this Bruins fan!!

I will give Kessell credit for a good series, but either way it still came in defeat.

If not for Reimer this would not have gone 7 games, I hope they don't pin the game 7 loss on him.

See you next year, Leafs fans, it looks to be promising for the organization.

Last edited by TASS; 05-14-2013 at 08:49 AM.
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:46 AM   #158 (permalink)
Banned

Toronto quiz time;

Which two choke and which two swallow?

Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:11 PM   #159 (permalink)

ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:31 PM   #160 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Actually I have to agree with this assessment - that was utterly jaw-dropping - I actually turned off the TV after they went up 4-1, thinking that was an insurmountable lead with what, 14 minutes left? They were actually looking really good despite being mismatched physically. Can only imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth in Hogtown today!
Old 05-14-2013, 03:08 PM   #161 (permalink)

I can say i am happy Toronto lost when the fans come down to FL they are complete Jerks right up with the Flyers fans. i saw this on twitter

#1967 RT @SammonSez: Every time I click on the "collapse" link on a Tweet I get redirected to the Maple Leafs website. #WhatGives
Old 05-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #162 (permalink)

Here is the link to watch the reaction from Leafs fans in their square! The "fun' begins at 2:45 of the video. I posted it from a Maple leafs site as I was looking for local reaction.

Playoff Game #7 - Leafs vs. Bruins (End of Game) - YouTube

Last edited by TASS; 05-14-2013 at 03:44 PM.
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:37 PM   #163 (permalink)

Didn't want to post in the Pens thread, as I figured there'd be hell to pay, so I figured I'd bring this back.

Anyone who knows the game knows the Leafs never had a chance. The Penguins continue to get incredible breaks, breaks that apparently include pushing a goalie who is covering the puck into the net and then putting it in the back of the net. If Penguins fans would like to have a civil discussion about this game (or any other game, for that matter) I'd be more than happy to. I'm not mad, I've stopped becoming mad at silly things like this. Anyone who doesn't see the breaks the Pens get probably never will, so there's no point in arguing about it.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:06 AM   #164 (permalink)

Quote:
Didn't want to post in the Pens thread, as I figured there'd be hell to pay, so I figured I'd bring this back.

Anyone who knows the game knows the Leafs never had a chance. The Penguins continue to get incredible breaks, breaks that apparently include pushing a goalie who is covering the puck into the net and then putting it in the back of the net. If Penguins fans would like to have a civil discussion about this game (or any other game, for that matter) I'd be more than happy to. I'm not mad, I've stopped becoming mad at silly things like this. Anyone who doesn't see the breaks the Pens get probably never will, so there's no point in arguing about it.
I agree 100% that the pushing the goalie into the net play was total BS. And I think you are right about the favoritism shown the Pens. How about that? We are actually in agreement!
Old 11-28-2013, 10:28 AM   #165 (permalink)

Quote:

I agree with you - Malkin should have been penalized for that. The Pens also got a break on the "hooking" call (I think it was on JVR) when Letang grabbed his stick and made it look like he was being hooked. So yes, the Leafs got jobbed last night, especially on the Malkin goal.

As far as whether the Pens ALWAYS get breaks, that's a separate discussion and I don't necessarily agree with you on that. But no doubt, last night some bad calls went against the Leafs and cost them the game.
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #166 (permalink)
Inactive Account

instead of the calls that went the pens way what about the terrible showing the leaf's had in the third period? all of their weaknesses were shown in the defensive zone and i am the biggest leaf supporter, but the only onl defenceman that put any effort at all last night was phaneuf!!!

there needs to be a MAJOR shake up on the blue line b/c this problem has been going on the whole season and was the leaf's biggest problem last year as well where they just don't have the determination to get the puck and then when they get it, they don't have the ability to get the puck out. call back john michael liles and i don't care if he's a carlyle type of player or not, he can move the puck out of the zone and that's the leaf's biggest problem now and he's a GREAT team mate as well as he has not demanded anything in a way of a trade and is great in the community as well. get rid of ranger. i don't know why he was given a chance in the first place since he hasn't played in the nhl for 4 years and i am all for giving someone a chance but he has been awful most nights and there is no way in hell youngsters such as gardiner and rielly should be sitting b/c of him. frasor also needs a few more games in the ahl to get his game back since he is clearly ailing out there as well.
apclr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:15 PM   #167 (permalink)

Well, if losing 6-0 to a bad team wasn't enough of a kick in the ass, hopefully losing to Montreal will do it.

I was hoping Montreal would pour on the goals, this team needs to wake up and start playing their game. The Leafs were the toughest team to play against last season. No trip into the corners was without a hit, and no hit without a retaliatory hit or a fight. Was Leo Komarov that big a loss? Mikhail Grabovski? Clarke MacArthur? Oh I know, it was Matt Frattin. That's it.

The key pieces are still there, but the team is a shell of it's former self. Phaneuf might as well be getting $20 million a year, he's playing the role of six defenseman. God forbid we lose Phaneuf, the Leafs might give up 60 shots and 9 goals a game.

I don't mind Paul Ranger, he's defensively responsible (in my opinion), does his job, and doesn't make many mistakes. Fraser needs to spend some time in the AHL, as does Gardiner. The Leafs had a great system last year where-in the best AHL player, regardless of position, got called up. That's the way to send a message, I wish they'd do some of that.

Clarkson is useless. $5.5 million for what? Goal scoring? Naught. Hard hitting? Naught. He's making me want to put one of the goon squad members on the third line, god forbid the Leafs have to do that.

It's not like the Leafs need to fix things, and it doesn't seem that complicated. Put the fear of god into teams whenever they take the ice. That's what they did last year, and it's the way to win. The Habs are one of the smallest teams in the league, yet they dominated the Leafs physically tonight.

It amazes me people consider Phaneuf overrated, he is one of the best defenders in the league. He's the only defenseman showing any heart at all, and one of the only players giving it his all. It should be David Clarkson or the goon squad's job to wake the team up with a fight or physical play, not the #1 defenseman.

Last edited by GoJays; 11-30-2013 at 11:22 PM.
GoJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:47 PM   #168 (permalink)

And, the collapse continues.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:17 AM   #169 (permalink)

Quote:
And, the collapse continues.
You do realize that this has to happen, right? I mean, the order of the universe depends on the Buds being awful. Like the Detroit Lions in the NFL - great about a half-century a year ago, and consistently inept ever since. I feel for ya, man - grew up watching the Leafs twice per week in SW Ontario - Wednesdays on CHCH and Saturdays on HNIC. Was a Habs fan until about 10 (1970s bandwagon), then switched to the Red Wings in the Dead Things era. Still remember exactly where I was when this happened - still get chills every time I see/hear it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW4h...Fabg&index=219
Old 12-08-2013, 12:07 AM   #170 (permalink)

Another odd win at the ACCACC (Air Canada Centre At the Corel Centre. Doesn't work as well after two name changes ), but two points are two points. Top line looked great, Clarkson looked lost, Gardiner looked like an AHL defender, and Phaneuf had me scratching my head most of the game. So, just another day at the office .

Nice to see Liles back, he really does deserve to be with the club. Looked good tonight, hope he stays up with the big club.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:54 PM   #171 (permalink)

Thought I'd bring this back for a third (?) time!

Great win by the Leafs. That's what special teams can do for ya. Officials tried to keep Bruins in it (seriously, that trip on Franson towards the end!), but the Leafs (Bernier and JVR) held strong. Phaneuf once again leafs me (see what I did there?!) scratching my head. Two points are two points, though, and I will certainly take em.