Blowout Cards Forums
Save big on officially licensed NFL fan merchandise at NFLShop.com

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 03:27 AM   #76 (permalink)

Hope we can score a goal tonight....lol
RBKSNIPZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:12 AM   #77 (permalink)

You guys are managing to stay in the 8th spot for the time being. I personally think you'll be able to hold on to it. As fans, do you buy into all the BS talk that Tortorella has lost the team?
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:04 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncm7772 View Post
You guys are managing to stay in the 8th spot for the time being. I personally think you'll be able to hold on to it. As fans, do you buy into all the BS talk that Tortorella has lost the team?
Honestly idk what the hell is going on but something has to change. I don't like losing..
Old 04-01-2013, 01:47 PM   #79 (permalink)

I understand. Like I said, I think the team will step up and compete enough to make the playoffs, though. I don't mean to talk trash, and that's not my intention, but the Rangers look so damn lethargic and apathetic the past 2 weeks or so. They just look 'blah'. If they were a so-so team, they'd be getting beat 5-0, 6-1, etc. The fact they have a lot of talent allows them to stay in games, but they just look so damn uninterested. That loss to Ottawa made me wonder, "do they even want to play"?

Again, I'm not trying to talk trash, I'm just speaking my opinion on how the team appears to me.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncm7772 View Post
I understand. Like I said, I think the team will step up and compete enough to make the playoffs, though. I don't mean to talk trash, and that's not my intention, but the Rangers look so damn lethargic and apathetic the past 2 weeks or so. They just look 'blah'. If they were a so-so team, they'd be getting beat 5-0, 6-1, etc. The fact they have a lot of talent allows them to stay in games, but they just look so damn uninterested. That loss to Ottawa made me wonder, "do they even want to play"?

Again, I'm not trying to talk trash, I'm just speaking my opinion on how the team appears to me.

Didn't think you were talking trash lol even if you were they deserve it lol. Yeah we're most likely going to finish in the 8th seed which I don't mind laying the Pens. I kind of want to upset them lol. Every game I watch when we eat the first goal is just like okay games over and I start thinking about next game lol.

Lundqvist gets no help, and neither did Biron...It's a joke.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #81 (permalink)

I didnt even watch the Canadian's game the other day. I missed like first half of game before i realized it was one before i put it on i thought to myself its most likely 3-0 already i turned in on and it was 2-0. So i was like this game is over and turned it off.

I dont think it's that Torts has lost the team i think the problem is teams have figured out how to beat the Rangers. Teams know they like to block shots so know thye just let them go sliding by alot. Also i have noticed since the Caps playoff series last year, all teams have started shooting alot of point shots at Henrik.

2 things with that are alot of deflection goals and also they are using the D-man as screens. Alot of the goals Henrik has given up lately have be Deflections or gone off his own D-Man.
Season Stats: 8 Catches for 60 Yards and 1 Rush for 37 Yards
cinnakaok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBKSNIPZ View Post
Didn't think you were talking trash lol even if you were they deserve it lol. Yeah we're most likely going to finish in the 8th seed which I don't mind laying the Pens. I kind of want to upset them lol. Every game I watch when we eat the first goal is just like okay games over and I start thinking about next game lol.

Lundqvist gets no help, and neither did Biron...It's a joke.
Yeah, Biron actually played a pretty good game vs the Habs from what I saw. Underrated back up, but like you said, he's not getting much help.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:06 PM   #83 (permalink)

Nice win last night... and added Ryan Clowe today could be a nice pick-up
Old 04-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnakaok View Post
Nice win last night... and added Ryan Clowe today could be a nice pick-up

I don't think he's worth 2 second picks and a third but w.e, he's a player that will help in the corners and on the PP in front of the net. I think torts is going to love this guy.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:55 PM   #85 (permalink)

Looks like we sent Gaborik to CBJ for a bunch of scrubs.
password- jetscollector
jetscollector10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #86 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetscollector10 View Post
What a disaster of a trade. Good job giving our Playoff spot to the Islanders.
Jrb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:06 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetscollector10 View Post
WOW, looks like the Rangers have officially thrown the towel in for this year!
Old 04-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #88 (permalink)

Scrubs? We just shipped off 7+ million worth of crap for derick brassard a player that's gritty and will fit great and then another decent d-man. We ripped Columbus off again lol...Great move by Sather this guy is on fire!
Old 04-03-2013, 03:15 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrb1 View Post
What a disaster of a trade. Good job giving our Playoff spot to the Islanders.
Im not so sure it's that bad or a deal what has Gaborik really done recently he hasn't scored much.

He makes alot of defensive mistakes and even on breakaways recently he hasn't been finishing. So i think this is a wait and see move.

One interesting thing to me is with this move we basically traded Gaborik for Nash
Old 04-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #90 (permalink)

Yes exactly what cinnakaok said. This deal also allows us to sign our young guys that were going to have to resign like hags,mcdonagh and Stepan. I think this was an awesome move.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:34 PM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes exactly what cinnakaok said. This deal also allows us to sign our young guys that were going to have to resign like hags,mcdonagh and Stepan. I think this was an awesome move.
I agree where it looks like the Rangers made this move with their future in mind, they also essentially made this move not expecting much for this season as far as the playoffs.

Brassard is a decent center who will fight and dig for goals out front, but does not have the hands nor shot Gaborik possess, and the rest of the trade Dorsett and Moore are average roster additions. Dorsett will get eaten up in that division.

Looking in from the outside Gaborik did not appear happy in NY and I think that more than anything was the catalyst for this trade along with freeing up future cap space.

And calling Gaborik crap is stretching it a little, he is not the reason why the Rangers are sitting in the #9 spot.

Last edited by TASS; 04-03-2013 at 03:38 PM.
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:34 PM   #92 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Quote:
Scrubs? We just shipped off 7+ million worth of crap for derick brassard a player that's gritty and will fit great and then another decent d-man. We ripped Columbus off again lol...Great move by Sather this guy is on fire!
Brassard as gritty. That's a new one.

Moore has upside and Dorsett is gritty.

Brassard is worthless.
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #93 (permalink)

Seems like a solid trade...cap room to sign younger guys and it's not like gabby was doing squat anyways...and the guys they're getting back seem decent enough, and young...
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:37 PM   #94 (permalink)

Somebody was going to get Gaborik for a steal because Rangers needed to clear cap space and he needed to be traded because he didn't get along with Tortorella. I like what they got back, it's just not a talent for talent trade. It's a money dump more than anything. He'll be more than fine in Columbus without all the pressure.
jayjay0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:41 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay0122 View Post
Somebody was going to get Gaborik for a steal because Rangers needed to clear cap space and he needed to be traded because he didn't get along with Tortorella. I like what they got back, it's just not a talent for talent trade. It's a money dump more than anything. He'll be more than fine in Columbus without all the pressure.
+1 It was pretty obvious that Gaborik was not happy with Torts or NY in general, and yes he will return to a consistant scorer in the mellow environment of Colombus! This is a good move for his career and they have a shot this season making the playoffs with the moves they have made.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
Brassard as gritty. That's a new one.

Moore has upside and Dorsett is gritty.

Brassard is worthless.
Brassard is a tortarella type player that's what I meant.
Moore is 22 and has time to grow into our defensive system.
Dorset I don't really care about but I think I'd rather have him playing then Boyle at this point.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Brassard is a tortarella type player that's what I meant.
Moore is 22 and has time to grow into our defensive system.
Dorset I don't really care about but I think I'd rather have him playing then Boyle at this point.
Tortarella's day's in NY may be numbered!
Old 04-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post

I agree where it looks like the Rangers made this move with their future in mind, they also essentially made this move not expecting much for this season as far as the playoffs.

Brassard is a decent center who will fight and dig for goals out front, but does not have the hands nor shot Gaborik possess, and the rest of the trade Dorsett and Moore are average roster additions. Dorsett will get eaten up in that division.

Looking in from the outside Gaborik did not appear happy in NY and I think that more than anything was the catalyst for this trade along with freeing up future cap space.

And calling Gaborik crap is stretching it a little, he is not the reason why the Rangers are sitting in the #9 spot.
What has Gaborik done this season except for miss breakaways, penalty shots and shoot out attempts ? All I saw him do this season was try and score five hole. The only time he scored was against the shitty teams like the isles and Philly and had 1 good game against Boston. He's not a player that fits the rangers new system. Torts didn't like him because all he does is cherry pick and has zero defense.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:55 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Tortarella's day's in NY may be numbered!
That's true, but honestly with clowe and brassard coming in I think next season will be the same as last season. Remember when torts won the cup with Tampa he didn't have much talent most of the team was hard workers. He doesn't need a Gaborik type player to win. I would have liked to get Dubinsky back but w.e lol
Old 04-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
What has Gaborik done this season except for miss breakaways, penalty shots and shoot out attempts ? All I saw him do this season was try and score five hole. The only time he scored was against the shitty teams like the isles and Philly and had 1 good game against Boston. He's not a player that fits the rangers new system. Torts didn't like him because all he does is cherry pick and has zero defense.
I've always respected Gaborik as a talented winger and would take him on my team any day, 1 'off' year is hardley time to sell his talent and career up the river.

The Rangers are where they are based on how the are as a TEAM not because of Gaborik, and if you think Brassard is going to fill that void I think you will see that's not the case!

Outside of Nash and Stepan it looks like not many of the current Rangers are doing all that well with this 'new system' And that's why I made the post that Torts day's could be numbered. Far too much talent on this Rangers team to be sitting 9th in the conference, there are far more issues than Gaborik who will do very well outside of NY

Last edited by TASS; 04-03-2013 at 04:28 PM.
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote